Author Topic: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday  (Read 35111 times)

sgoldberg08

Re: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 05:09:56 pm »
I will do this for Arfin.

I applaud your investigative skills, very impressive. But unfortunately my amazing dog is not on the table.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:43 pm »
well . . . this just got a lot more, interesting.

sgoldberg08

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »
To clarify a couple things: 

1. I actually am not going to the show.  That's why I was hoping to connect with someone with access to the band, like perhaps backstage before they go on.

2. If you were to choose cash, I was thinking around $100.  But who knows, I may be so appreciative in the moment that I might throw in a little extra.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 05:16:35 pm »
If there's anything I'm proud of myself about in the Julian II era, its that I've inspired so many to research the email addresses of anyone new who shows up. You just know someone is calling this guy's law firm at some point today.  :D
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »
I could easily achieve this task for you, but I only accept payment in limbs. The glaring omission of "my left leg" from your list of payment options renders me unwilling to assist you.

If limbs is truly what you're after, I'd opt for the first born.

Yada

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:18:31 pm »
If there's anything I'm proud of myself about in the Julian II era, its that I've inspired so many to research the email addresses of anyone new who shows up. You just know someone is calling this guy's law firm at some point today.  :D

Wait... you think you created the innovative technique of searching an email address?

KUDOS TO YOU SIR, JULIAN!

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 05:18:38 pm »
2. If you were to choose cash, I was thinking around $100.  But who knows, I may be so appreciative in the moment that I might throw in a little extra.
For $100, I will be glad to go on ebay, purchase you an autograph for $40-50 (which seems to be the going rate) and ship it to you first class. Are my terms acceptable?
LVMH

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:00 pm »
slack

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:31 pm »
Wait... you think you created the innovative technique of searching an email address?
I think I've made it vogue to do so within the limited range of this community, yes.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:52 pm »
I think I've made it trendy to do so within the limited range of this community, yes.

lolzbro

sgoldberg08

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »
For $100, I will be glad to go on ebay, purchase you an autograph for $40-50 (which seems to be the going rate) and ship it to you first class. Are my terms acceptable?

That's an option I've explored myself, but I would always wonder if it was legit or not.  Plus it'd make for a pretty shitty story if she asked how I got it.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »
I would always wonder if it was legit or not.  Plus it'd make for a pretty shitty story if she asked how I got it.
To be fair, you're asking random people on the internet to get it for you. Both of those issues are still very much in play.
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »
I would always wonder if it was legit or not.  Plus it'd make for a pretty shitty story if she asked how I got it.
To be fair, you're asking random people on the internet to get it for you. Both of those issues are still very much in play.

It's a risk that can't be completely avoided.  Best I can do is minimize it, and I thought this approach might be a good way to do that.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
oh yeah . . . this thread has caught fyer.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 05:32:19 pm »
Best I can do is minimize it, and I thought this approach might be a good way to do that.
I would trust a reputable ebay seller selling an item that appears similar to an untrained eye to google image searched examples of the band's autograph way before I would trust the hooligans that frequent this place. I mean, you showed up and people had your dog's name and your employer in like 4 minutes. You want to send us money? Your address? This is as dangerous as a diabetic swimming in a vat of pure, unadulterated cane sugar.
LVMH