Author Topic: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday  (Read 35112 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:56 am »
jules, really?  cyber-stalking is sooooo beneath you.
Two things:

(1) I'm not even the person who did it first, if you read the thread.

(2) Do you see Brian Wallace gracing our community with his hateful, misogynistic visage? No? Sweets, we live in a community that has trolls and those trolls need to be combated by men with google. Who's gonna do it? You? Kosmo? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for this guy and curse the ease at which an unguarded email address gives you someone's facebook profile; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that innocent people's photos getting posted, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my clandestine activities, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, save lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that nexus search, you need me on that nexus search. We use words like profile, public records, confirmable identity. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very community I organize and then questions the manner in which I organize it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you take four hours out of your work day and figure out boardie's phone numbers and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think is beneath whom.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:12 am »
jules, really?  cyber-stalking is sooooo beneath you.
Two things:

(1) I'm not even the person who did it first, if you read the thread.

(2) Do you see Brian Wallace gracing our community with his hateful, misogynistic visage? No? Sweets, we live in a community that has trolls and those trolls need to be combated by men with google. Who's gonna do it? You? Kosmo? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for this guy and curse the ease at which an unguarded email address gives you someone's facebook profile; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that innocent people's photos getting posted, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my clandestine activities, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, save lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that nexus search, you need me on that nexus search. We use words like profile, public records, confirmable identity. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very community I organize and then questions the manner in which I organize it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you take four hours out of your work day and figure out boardie's phone numbers and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think is beneath whom.

dude, that's so played out... you already used your few good men schtick...

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 11:55:20 am »
dude, that's so played out... you already used your few good men schtick...
I'm always looking for a new catch-phrase.
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 12:12:27 pm »
I could just save you all the controversy and post the picture myself.  It's clear that whoever feels like taking 5 seconds to Google my email address will find the name of my dog.  Hell, I'll throw in a pic of him too.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »
I can't wait, to see who's cuter . . . You or the dog.

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 12:23:55 pm »
I can't wait, to see who's cuter . . . You or the dog.
I can't wait to see who humps his leg . . . You or the dog.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 12:31:20 pm »
Depends on the photo, of the dog.

ggw

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:42 pm »
And people wonder why this board doesn't get many new members...

Yada

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »
And people wonder why this board doesn't get many new members...

In my many years of internetting, I've found forums that have less than 100 active posters never gain new blood... Too many inside jokes, too many tools, too much repetition... Why would a fine young man like Goldberg want to start wasting his time with a bunch of people that have most likely been posting here for a better part of the past 10 years?

sgoldberg08

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 12:45:55 pm »
I appreciate that this thread is attracting such...diverse...attention, but is there even a remote possibility that any of this will lead to an autograph from London Grammar?

sgoldberg08

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:13 pm »

In my many years of internetting, I've found forums that have less than 100 active posters never gain new blood... Too many inside jokes, too many tools, too much repetition... Why would a fine young man like Goldberg want to start wasting his time with a bunch of people that have most likely been posting here for a better part of the past 10 years?
Because I was hoping to find a 930 club insider, and what better place to start looking than the 930 club forum?

Yada

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

Because I was hoping to find a 930 club insider, and what better place to start looking than the 930 club forum?

Mr. Goldberg, we welcome you with open arms. However, if/when this London Grammar need fades away, your activity on this forum may as well.

sgoldberg08

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:02 pm »
Mr. Goldberg, we welcome you with open arms. However, if/when this London Grammar need fades away, your activity on this forum may as well.

You may well be right, but what the future holds, no one knows.  Though I'm sure someone on this board will shortly claim otherwise.

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:06 pm »
but is there even a remote possibility that any of this will lead to an autograph from London Grammar?
Again with the autograph request! You're like an Arfin with a bone! I'm starting to think you don't care about us at all!

In all honesty, I would find the possibility of you getting an autograph through this board extremely, extremely remote. Personal message Seth or Eddie; I don't think anyone else on here has any real pull. Perhaps our poor treatment of you will encourage them to look upon you kindly?
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:59 pm »
Wait a sec... Did I just claim to know the future?