Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243054 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5880 on: October 08, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »
^ lol, hashtag of the week!
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #5881 on: October 08, 2015, 07:58:36 pm »
rumpkin and Pump[KY]n are not standard pumpkin beers.  good for them for breaking the mold, but i think of them as barrel-aged beers (category 22C).  the barrel aging and spirit dominate (and make up for the mediocrity of the traditional "pumpkin" flavors ;D)

are they beers make with pumpkin spices?  sure.  are they what people mean when they say "pumpkin beer"?  nah.

i agree, it's totally "off-style". i think it's a good example that all pumpkin beer doesn't suck, but it's not a good example of why shelf-pumpkin beer doesn't suck.

Space Freely

« Reply #5882 on: October 09, 2015, 08:08:25 am »
I've got the get a bottle of this, for the bottle art alone.

Next up, the Scary Mohammed Rock Star beer.

Dark Horse Scary Jesus Rock Star

This collaboration beer made with Chef Cleetus Friedman of Chicago's Fountainhead will save your soul and then melt your face off. Aromas of chamomile touch your nose as they lead into the soft body and mouthfeel of this liquid symphony. Just as your mind is clear and your sins are washed away, a tasty riff of sweet and earthy fresh apricots hit your palate and rock your tastebuds finishing dry and hoppy. Drink, rock, repeat.

« Reply #5883 on: October 12, 2015, 12:31:28 pm »
ok...sounds kinda heinous, but a cool looking bottle
saw this behind the bar whilst picking up some Thai this weekend

slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #5884 on: October 12, 2015, 12:50:30 pm »
seen that for awhile, and no way.  I think the cheap gimmick marketing and selling out to the main stream of beer people everywhere has ruined the integrity of what beer makers have to do to get people even interested in their brewery and brand.  what is next, cereal line beer? . . . boo berry crunch ale . . . cocoa puffs stout . . . honeycomb saison . . . lucky charms sour . . . wheaties ipa.

Space Freely

« Reply #5885 on: October 12, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »
seen that for awhile, and no way.  I think the cheap gimmick marketing and selling out to the main stream of beer people everywhere has ruined the integrity of what beer makers have to do to get people even interested in their brewery and brand.  what is next, cereal line beer? . . . boo berry crunch ale . . . cocoa puffs stout . . . honeycomb saison . . . lucky charms sour . . . wheaties ipa.

How about Hefewheaties?

http://consumerist.com/2015/08/12/wheaties-is-making-non-cereal-flavored-beer/

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #5886 on: October 12, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »

Funny you should say that:  http://www.cerealously.net/news-count-chocula-beer-is-reanimated-with-help-from-general-mills/

Yada

« Reply #5887 on: October 13, 2015, 12:08:03 pm »

EpiQ weekend in the hills of Vermont... I haven't been in a few years (since Alchemist stopped selling Heady direct) and snagging beer around the area was much easier than expected. Sip of Sunshine surprisingly was sitting on shelves in almost all stores. Heady was a bit tougher but easily scored a few cases.

The Waterbury trifecta of Prohibition Pig, Blackback, and The Reservoir is about as good as it gets in terms of bars/restaurants. The weather was also damn near perfect.

Came home with shit loads of everything I wanted an probably then some (an entire HF box not shown as well as some other regional goodies).

The renovations at Hill Farmstead are pretty incredible and led to a less than 20 minute wait for growler fills on a Friday afternoon.

Civil Disobedience #13 was probably the beer of the weekend followed by Mutual Admiration and Society and Solitude #5 and my first time trying Focal Banger. Side note that I'm sure stevewizzle will appreciate,  I somehow made it through an entire weekend without even drinking a Heady Topper.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5888 on: October 13, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »
sweet haul, brah!
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #5889 on: October 13, 2015, 12:25:54 pm »
[img] Side note that I'm sure stevewizzle will appreciate,  I somehow made it through an entire weekend without even drinking a Heady Topper.

i do appreciate that. looks like a hell of a weekend.

how much of that fridge do you plan on drinking yourself? i don't think i'd be able to contain myself with that much delicious IPA in the fridge.

Yada

« Reply #5890 on: October 13, 2015, 01:33:09 pm »
[img] Side note that I'm sure stevewizzle will appreciate,  I somehow made it through an entire weekend without even drinking a Heady Topper.

how much of that fridge do you plan on drinking yourself? i don't think i'd be able to contain myself with that much delicious IPA in the fridge.

I'd imagine I'll rip through a case over the course of the next couple of months... the other case will go to friends, Sunday football get togethers, house warming party, etc.

I started working on the growlers yesterday.  :o

« Reply #5891 on: October 13, 2015, 02:47:16 pm »

didn't you owe me a beer or something??? ;D
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #5892 on: October 13, 2015, 03:17:46 pm »

I'd imagine I'll rip through a case over the course of the next couple of months... the other case will go to friends, Sunday football get togethers, house warming party, etc.

nice, you're a better man than i am. i bought a case of cowiche canyon 3 weeks ago and it's already gone. sometimes, life calls for temporary alcoholism.

Yada

« Reply #5893 on: October 13, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »

nice, you're a better man than i am. i bought a case of cowiche canyon 3 weeks ago and it's already gone. sometimes, life calls for temporary alcoholism.

I have to say, my beer taste buds change on a very regular basis. I was completely HOPPED out by Saturday afternoon and switched to stouts, whiskey, and wine. However, the binging was a bit out of control. Normally, I'd drink a heady MAYBE two in a sitting and that would be enough for a day or two...I'll report back when the bounty is all gone.

hutch

« Reply #5894 on: October 13, 2015, 04:27:00 pm »
beerathon tickets on sale via living social

$55