Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314220 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1110 on: December 10, 2014, 11:13:40 am »
I've always thought Corgan was 80% of the talent in that band with Chamberlain 18% and Iha 2%. Iha brought nothing to the table (outside of aesthetics) that Schroeder doesn't. Chamberlain is a real loss and none of the shows I saw after his departure could touch the early-"reunion" ones, which is alot of my reason I don't see them anymore.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1111 on: December 10, 2014, 11:16:38 am »
Let's refer to my earlier post.

What a tool.

« Reply #1112 on: December 10, 2014, 11:16:43 am »
Before they were big stars I saw Smashing Pumpkins at a crummy club in Richmond.  It was a Monday night and on Mondays this club had free show with no admission.  We would go every week to see free bands and drink.  SP totally crushed the place.  They played "Terrapin" by Syd Barrett and James Iha sang it.  Afterwards I was at the bar and James and what's her name were at the bar, and I said something about Terrapin and got iced so hard by both of them.  Total assholes.  And it was a free monday night show so that should tell you they were total nobodies at the time.

Unrelated but just came into my mind...at the same club right around the same time I saw Firehose on the Flying the Flannel tour.  I passed by Mike Watt walking through the club .  I was wearing a flannel shirt and he said "Hey man nice flannel!" 
You saw this show. I know the guy who was running Twisters then (now Strange Matter) and he concurred that the band killed it but were complete dicks aside from Jimmy.

Terrapin was a common cover around that time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:18:43 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1113 on: December 10, 2014, 11:23:54 am »
Before they were big stars I saw Smashing Pumpkins at a crummy club in Richmond.  It was a Monday night and on Mondays this club had free show with no admission.  We would go every week to see free bands and drink.  SP totally crushed the place.  They played "Terrapin" by Syd Barrett and James Iha sang it.  Afterwards I was at the bar and James and what's her name were at the bar, and I said something about Terrapin and got iced so hard by both of them.  Total assholes.  And it was a free monday night show so that should tell you they were total nobodies at the time.

Unrelated but just came into my mind...at the same club right around the same time I saw Firehose on the Flying the Flannel tour.  I passed by Mike Watt walking through the club .  I was wearing a flannel shirt and he said "Hey man nice flannel!" 
You saw this show. I know the guy who was running Twisters then (now Strange Matter) and he concurred that the band killed it but were complete dicks aside from Jimmy.

What was that guys name?  Mark something was it?  He did sound and booked bands.  My band played there all the time back then.  Then he left and Steve Douglas took over.

« Reply #1114 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:40 am »

What was that guys name?  Mark something was it?  He did sound and booked bands.  My band played there all the time back then.  Then he left and Steve Douglas took over.
Mac McCormack. He owns a bunch of bars around RVA now. He doesn't have anything to do with live music anymore.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1115 on: December 10, 2014, 11:44:12 am »
All you need is Billy.

hutch

« Reply #1116 on: December 10, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »
Iha is a guitar god!

Bagley

« Reply #1117 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13:54 am »
Wonderfully epic DSO recreation last Friday night.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Speaking of which-any word on the person who hit their head upstairs and had to be boarded out?

Yada

« Reply #1118 on: January 06, 2015, 11:17:43 am »
Wonderfully epic DSO recreation last Friday night.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Speaking of which-any word on the person who hit their head upstairs and had to be boarded out?

I admittedly was quite blown away by that performance.

Have you listened to any of the JRAD shows? I was hoping they'd play down here, but after seeing DSO, those guys are probably better.

Bagley

« Reply #1119 on: January 06, 2015, 05:40:27 pm »
Your first DSO experience?   Can't closer to the real thing.  Some shows are actually played better than the original.

No, no Russo for me as yet.

« Reply #1120 on: January 06, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »

Have you listened to any of the JRAD shows?
Dave Dreiwitz is in JRAD...man of many colors!
slack

Yada

« Reply #1121 on: January 06, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »
Your first DSO experience?   Can't closer to the real thing.  Some shows are actually played better than the original.

No, no Russo for me as yet.

I hadn't seen them since 1998, which I'm pretty sure was a different line up. I'll definitely catch them on a regular basis.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1122 on: January 09, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »
saw Jeff Carey / Fevers / PulseWidthMod at the crown last night.  lightly attended show, but good.  Jeff Carey was, well Jeff Carey.  I know the guitar player in Fevers from my college days and this was my first time checking them out - I really dug them.  They didn't play anything off of their album on bandcamp though ( http://feversbaltimore.bandcamp.com/album/vacation ) . PulseWidthmod was interesting, synth looping kind of stuff.  I think there was a band after Jeff Carey but I left before they went on.

Yada

« Reply #1123 on: January 14, 2015, 04:07:09 pm »
Anyone keeping up with the 4x4 Dr. Dog run in Brooklyn/Manhattan? Pretty, pretty nice.

« Reply #1124 on: January 14, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »
Anyone keeping up with the 4x4 Dr. Dog run in Brooklyn/Manhattan? Pretty, pretty nice.
uh...
Tickets for all 4×4 shows begin at $30. There are a limited number of these $30 tickets for each show and when they?re gone tickets move to $35. We will then sell ONE final ticket 60 seconds before we go onstage for $7,000,000.
slack