Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1312829 times)

bob72

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1875 on: April 11, 2016, 12:29:50 am »
After 25 years I finally saw TSP and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the price.

PENIS

bearman🐻

« Reply #1876 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:48 am »
Louis CK Friday was an absolute riot.

Space Freely

« Reply #1877 on: April 11, 2016, 09:31:28 am »

I streamed one of his specials last night on Amazon Prime. Didn't have to pay a dime or leave my couch.

For about the first 25 minutes, I didn't laugh once. For the last 30+ minutes, I laughed consistently, sometimes hard.

I also watched Trumbo on SAturday night, so it was a bit of a LCK weekend for me.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1878 on: April 11, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »
I bet.  Too bad they announced the late show around 4:30 pm when I was on my way home from work......oh well, next time.

(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #1879 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:05 pm »
I bet.  Too bad they announced the late show around 4:30 pm when I was on my way home from work......oh well, next time.

He's about to announce a major tour. Supposedly very soon. So you'll have another opportunity.

Relaxer

« Reply #1880 on: April 11, 2016, 02:55:47 pm »
Last night I was out with anime girl on H Street and after dinner we were trying to decide what to do. Checked the RnR Hotel's site and saw that the Legendary Shack Shakers were about to start, and for only $14.

We walked in, they started like 5 minutes later and they KILLED it. It was so good I couldn't believe it. Didn't know their music beyond a vague idea that they were in the same wheelhouse as Reverend Horton Heat, and by god what a good show. We danced our ASSES off. Granted we were drunk and high as hell, so John Tesh might have blown us away, but c'mon, it was amped up RAWKabilly with a psycho front man who appeared to be masturbating himself throughout 60% of the show.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #1881 on: April 11, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »
Last night I was out with anime girl on H Street and after dinner we were trying to decide what to do. Checked the RnR Hotel's site and saw that the Legendary Shack Shakers were about to start, and for only $14.

We walked in, they started like 5 minutes later and they KILLED it. It was so good I couldn't believe it. Didn't know their music beyond a vague idea that they were in the same wheelhouse as Reverend Horton Heat, and by god what a good show. We danced our ASSES off. Granted we were drunk and high as hell, so John Tesh might have blown us away, but c'mon, it was amped up RAWKabilly with a psycho front man who appeared to be masturbating himself throughout 60% of the show.

Was he pulling out his pubes and throwing them at the crowd? Been there, done that (as a crowd member, not a pubethrower). Like 10+ years ago. It's a shame what passes for talent these days. Buddy Holly rolls in his grave.

Edit: but i can totally see how their schtick might impress some people, at least for five minutes or so.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:49:22 pm by Space Freely »

killsaly

« Reply #1882 on: April 11, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »

hutch

« Reply #1883 on: April 11, 2016, 10:05:36 pm »

wow..I have to check this out...

Unsanity

« Reply #1884 on: April 12, 2016, 04:41:37 am »
I'm glad someone went to the Shack Shakers. If i wasn't at Damaged City Fest I would have been there. They are great fun live. It is a shame Duane Denison isn't in the band currently though. He gave their sound a little extra oomph. Did they play "Blood on The Bluegrass"? That's my jam.

« Reply #1885 on: April 12, 2016, 10:17:14 am »
the shack shakers have always been on my 'need to see one of these days' list
but never manage to get the chance

one of these days
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #1886 on: April 12, 2016, 11:29:08 am »
Holy shit, I had no idea that Duane Denison was associated with them. If he'd stepped out on stage, *I* would have been the one with his hands in his pants the whole show.

And a blessing/curse of that show was that it was half-full so we could really get our collective chickenbutts moving.
oword

bob72

« Reply #1887 on: April 12, 2016, 11:54:54 am »
Holy shit, I had no idea that Duane Denison was associated with them. If he'd stepped out on stage, *I* would have been the one with his hands in his pants the whole show.

Really? I also had no idea! Duane teaches guitar online through lessonface.com I've considered this many time just never followed through. https://www.lessonface.com/music-instructor/duane-denison
PENIS

Space Freely

« Reply #1888 on: April 12, 2016, 12:09:58 pm »
DD also previously played guitar with Bobby Bare Jr.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1889 on: April 12, 2016, 01:55:41 pm »
I'm glad someone went to the Shack Shakers. If i wasn't at Damaged City Fest I would have been there. They are great fun live. It is a shame Duane Denison isn't in the band currently though. He gave their sound a little extra oomph. Did they play "Blood on The Bluegrass"? That's my jam.

I fairly recently met a guy who used to play guitar for them...David Lee.  Sold him a motorcycle.  Nice guy.