Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2120284 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #5460 on: May 10, 2016, 01:12:53 pm »
NASA news teleconference to announce the latest discoveries made by its planet-hunting mission, the Kepler Space Telescope.  We are not alone.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5461 on: May 10, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »
We now know that most stars in our galaxy have exoplanets.  And we now know that most of those solar systems have exoplanets in the habitable zones. Telescopes that have already been built and will be launched within the decade will be able to determine the atmospheric composition of those exoplanets, as well as directly (optically) imaging those planets.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #5462 on: May 10, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »
The closest habitable planet is 11 light-years away.

hutch

« Reply #5463 on: May 10, 2016, 04:13:08 pm »

Percy Sledge 50 year old LP this year..

the Susana Rinaldi is fairly hohum tango..I'd hoped for better on that one

dyecraig

« Reply #5464 on: May 10, 2016, 08:29:41 pm »
talking heads - 77
eno - before and after science
not rare or anything, just been looking for these for a while.

hutch

« Reply #5465 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:56 pm »

mudcrunchin' it tonight...excitement beginning to build for 930 club show...

quality lp issue btw.. comes with an audiophile mastered cd (different mastering from regular cd issue)

killsaly

« Reply #5466 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:27 pm »
Soundboard recording of Radiohead in Japan in 2004... So good... They need to officially release this.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5467 on: May 11, 2016, 12:18:26 am »
We now know that most stars in our galaxy have exoplanets.  And we now know that most of those solar systems have exoplanets in the habitable zones. Telescopes that have already been built and will be launched within the decade will be able to determine the atmospheric composition of those exoplanets, as well as directly (optically) imaging those planets.

Gravity seems to be the most overlooked factor in these searches for "habitable" planets. We humans are lifeforms that evolved in an environment with a particular factor of gravity. In an environment with everything else at typical Earth levels, even a small difference in gravity would have a profound effect on Earth lifeforms.
😐 🎶

bob72

« Reply #5468 on: May 11, 2016, 08:56:21 am »
Die Kreuzen "October File"
PENIS

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #5469 on: May 11, 2016, 10:59:27 am »

Gravity seems to be the most overlooked factor in these searches for "habitable" planets. We humans are lifeforms that evolved in an environment with a particular factor of gravity. In an environment with everything else at typical Earth levels, even a small difference in gravity would have a profound effect on Earth lifeforms.

They typically look for planets in the range of 0.5 to 2.0 times the mass of the earth, with gravity being an exponential factor...

killsaly

« Reply #5470 on: May 11, 2016, 11:01:18 am »
Ministry Of Sound - Grime Time - Mix 2

killsaly

« Reply #5471 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:55 pm »
Ministry Of Sound - Grime Time - Mix 1

I recommend this two disc compilation, if you like UK Grime/Garage.

Relaxer

« Reply #5472 on: May 11, 2016, 02:49:03 pm »
Die Kreuzen "October File"

Goddamn I used to love this album so much, back in the days when the Butthole Surfers, Scratch Acid, Killdozer, Happy Flowers, and other Touch & Go and Rabid Cat bands were all I listened to. I so wish I still owned this, would love to hear it again.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #5473 on: May 11, 2016, 05:03:27 pm »
Kvelertak - Nattesferd

Ah... So that is what this band sounds like.  I can dig this.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5474 on: May 12, 2016, 01:11:59 pm »
Boko! Boko! on Radar Radio

One of my favorite radio shows right now. Tons of great Dancehall on here.

https://www.mixcloud.com/RadarRadioLDN/boko-boko-w-mina-mapalma-11th-may-2016/
‼‼?‼‼