Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2120336 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #5760 on: July 19, 2016, 10:32:26 am »
Ott's "Sunday lunch in the garden" mix on Mixcloud

trippy dub/bass/psybient/whatever to distract me from my spreadsheets this morning....  killsaly, you might like this one.
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #5761 on: July 19, 2016, 11:48:05 am »
why did I listen to these.  because.

paula Abdul - just the song, vibeology.  listen to it once, and it will be stuck there.  the, horror,

perpetual groove  -  echoes from the cave.  I used to really love them, so I dusted off this.

tacocat  -  lost time.   ok, inter,esting, and nice addition to the women control of rock.  I also like when, there is one guy in a band of crazy girls.

animal collective  -  gnip gnop two song thing.   second song better than the named song of the release.  always how it works,  first song, ok, if you are seven.  they still deliver, to me.

does anyone have an opinion on the new strokes release of songs. 

hutch

« Reply #5762 on: July 19, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »
BB King in London

hutch

« Reply #5763 on: July 19, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »
Brian Eno- Here Comes the Warm Jets

the EG press from 82.....

killsaly

« Reply #5764 on: July 19, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »
Dinosaur Jr - Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #5765 on: July 19, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »
I listened to a Jacqueline Francois record earlier..also INXS X...

right now listening to the record of Lucinda's Ghosts of Highway 20...

hutch

« Reply #5766 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »
I would be surprised if I didn't manage to make it to the Lucinda show at Ramshead Live.. I like that venue....

dyecraig

« Reply #5767 on: July 19, 2016, 09:26:19 pm »
don sebesky - el morro
i am a big fan and collector of these cti creed taylor productions with the glossy gatefolds and glossy productions.
plus brecker bros, faddis, sanborn, grolnick, roland hanna, ron carter, will lee, steve gadd, joe beck and the immortal joan labarbera.

dyecraig

« Reply #5768 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:33 pm »
gordon brisker - cornerstone
featuring tom harrell
if you love love real jazz trumpet and have not checked out tom harrell, just thank me now.

hutch

« Reply #5769 on: July 19, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »
don sebesky - el morro
i am a big fan and collector of these cti creed taylor productions with the glossy gatefolds and glossy productions.
plus brecker bros, faddis, sanborn, grolnick, roland hanna, ron carter, will lee, steve gadd, joe beck and the immortal joan labarbera.

Me too.. the CTI covers are to die for... they really took it up a notch in the quality of the covers... some of the records are great.. some are too schmaltzy... the graet thing about them is that they are fairly easy to find very cheap.........some really great covers like the canned funk one!

dyecraig

« Reply #5770 on: July 19, 2016, 10:09:36 pm »
don sebesky - el morro

Me too.. the CTI covers are to die for... they really took it up a notch in the quality of the covers... some of the records are great.. some are too schmaltzy... the graet thing about them is that they are fairly easy to find very cheap.........some really great covers like the canned funk one!
finally found that one in the past year, a favorite image.
joe did a master class/workshop at my school and told some amazing stories about return to forever and blew our minds on tenor and flute.
gone way too soon.

walk,on,by

« Reply #5771 on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:59 pm »
 ;D

what?!  how . . . did you, get to hear it, master kill,sally?  wow, I have been waiting to feel the power, of this one, for awhile.  and?  all I had recent, was this article:

http://www.stereogum.com/1888635/hear-all-the-guitar-solos-on-dinosaur-jr-s-new-album/mp3s/

killsaly

« Reply #5772 on: July 19, 2016, 11:26:21 pm »
 ;D

what?!  how . . . did you, get to hear it, master kill,sally?  wow, I have been waiting to feel the power, of this one, for awhile.  and?  all I had recent, was this article:

http://www.stereogum.com/1888635/hear-all-the-guitar-solos-on-dinosaur-jr-s-new-album/mp3s/
It is really good.  I bought my ticket to the show after hearing it. 

killsaly

« Reply #5773 on: July 20, 2016, 11:47:51 am »
Dust Bolt - Mass Confusion

Recommended for all thrashers

hutch

« Reply #5774 on: July 20, 2016, 06:28:51 pm »
Juanas Adiccion- Nothings Shocking

I'm bummed I won't see them in Philly.....