Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2120255 times)

killsaly

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6105 on: September 18, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »
Banner Pilot - Collapser

killsaly

« Reply #6106 on: September 18, 2016, 05:25:49 pm »
Banner Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6107 on: September 18, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »
Now playing while I make dinner..."Yesterday and Today."

Yeah, but which cover?

they had  a butcher cover earlier in the week at CD Cellar near here.... I did not look at it.. some dude came in while I was there saying "Heard you got one in... oh yah that is the one.. how much you want..."... they didn't want to sell it yet.. maybe by now its gone...

honestly I bet I have passed them up.. I look and look but can't figure it out

I have a butcher cover. The original owner was a family member who bought it when it came out with the "clean" picture pasted on top.

Sometime in the 80s, they did a shitty job of peeling it off.  We had it framed with the cover and the vinyl side by side, and it is safely tucked away somewhere.

killsaly

« Reply #6108 on: September 18, 2016, 05:59:55 pm »

hutch

« Reply #6109 on: September 18, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »
Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps... I guess recorded just about exactly 60 years ago give or take a few weeks...

I guess maybe the best claim Virginia has to early rock and roll heroes is Gene Vincent and his reluctant pioneering guitarist Cliff Gallup....both from Norfolk area....The Brian Setzer/Straycats really just about start and finish here! You can tell Setzer went over Gallup's riffs day and night...

killsaly

« Reply #6110 on: September 19, 2016, 11:30:54 am »
True Widow - AVVOLGERE

killsaly

« Reply #6111 on: September 19, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »
Paul Banks - Banks

killsaly

« Reply #6112 on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »
Merchandise - A Corpse Wired for Sound

hutch

« Reply #6113 on: September 19, 2016, 06:28:40 pm »
Julie London- Julie is her name

Liberty original mono turqouise label but I am not convinced it qualifies as an original because of the inner sleeve and albums listed on the back...still, better than my 60s stereo pressing

gavroche

« Reply #6114 on: September 19, 2016, 08:14:58 pm »
Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series v 12.  18 discs of Classic outtakes... just picking songs at random right now

hutch

« Reply #6115 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:41 pm »
Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series v 12.  18 discs of Classic outtakes... just picking songs at random right now

what? you got the entire thing?

hutch

« Reply #6116 on: September 19, 2016, 08:16:24 pm »
Ella Fitzgerald- Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie

an often overlooked Ella classic....I freely admit I am way more a Billie person but Ella recorded so much more!

gavroche

« Reply #6117 on: September 19, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »

I came really close to buying it a couple of times, but held off.  Borrowing it now from a friend, and easing my way into it.  SOO many goodies.

hutch

« Reply #6118 on: September 19, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »

I came really close to buying it a couple of times, but held off.  Borrowing it now from a friend, and easing my way into it.  SOO many goodies.

yeah.. I've listened to a ton of bootlegs from that period..its sick.. I can't imagine 18 discs though...I wish I could have felt comfortable buying it..

gavroche

« Reply #6119 on: September 19, 2016, 09:59:38 pm »

yeah.. I've listened to a ton of bootlegs from that period..its sick.. I can't imagine 18 discs though...I wish I could have felt comfortable buying it..

I did buy Genuine Live 1966 20+ years ago and listened to those 8 discs through a couple of times.  Ultimately though I rarely, if ever, play them now.  That's why I held off on buying the 18 discs (aside from being wiser with my money these days).  I will listen to most of it once... and only once.  But I'm going to really enjoy it while I do.