Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901370 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2580 on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:54 pm »
And Harper won like I like legal....barely.  Congrats!

Huge comeback surge for him at the end.

deserved it. trout deserves mvp too.

vansmack

« Reply #2581 on: November 14, 2012, 01:55:54 am »
My android is on it's last legs and was wondering what I should be considering for it's replacement.  Will probably be staying away from Motorola given how quickly my Atrix gave up the ghost, that and the decision not further upgrade the OS on it. 

Which carrier?  And under contract or not?

Smackie has gone contract free GSM unlocked and will never go back to a big carrier.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2582 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:04 am »
AT&T and under contract due to Kosmette's iPhone, would jump at chance to ditch AT&T but Kosmette doesn't want to lose unlimited data plan...

edit: apparently my phone is available for "upgrade" which I guess is code for no new contract on my line. however, due to the family plan kosmette's line is still tied up in some agreement.

there is part of me that is pondering just getting a phone for social media and browsing..  don't use most of the apps on my current phone and it appears it's next to impossible to transfer any game's progress from one phone to another.  curses you tinytower, etc for wasting all my time...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:34:18 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2583 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:01 am »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2584 on: November 14, 2012, 11:40:33 am »
edit: apparently my phone is available for "upgrade" which I guess is code for no new contract on my line. however, due to the family plan kosmette's line is still tied up in some agreement.

No, that's just code for you've had your phone for close to two years and we're going to subsidize the price of your next phone if you agree to extend your agreement for two more years....

I'll look at at&t phones in a little while, but I know the HTC One X+ and the Galaxy SIII are beasts, and the HTC One X at $99 is a steal (though battery life is said to be problematic).  I don't know much about the LG Optimus G, but it's supposedly very similar to my Nexus 4 (which can be had off contract for $349, but does not do LTE so doesn't make much sense for at&t).
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2585 on: November 14, 2012, 11:51:59 am »
Case for Cabrera: triple crown.

Case closed.

atomicfront

« Reply #2586 on: November 14, 2012, 12:15:55 pm »

No, that's just code for you've had your phone for close to two years and we're going to subsidize the price of your next phone if you agree to extend your agreement for two more years....

I'll look at at&t phones in a little while, but I know the HTC One X+ and the Galaxy SIII are beasts, and the HTC One X at $99 is a steal (though battery life is said to be problematic).  I don't know much about the LG Optimus G, but it's supposedly very similar to my Nexus 4 (which can be had off contract for $349, but does not do LTE so doesn't make much sense for at&t).

I bought my wife the HTC EVO 4g from virgin.  the plan only costs 40 bucks a month for unlimited text and browsing and more minutes than you need and you can cancel anytiime you want.

vansmack

« Reply #2587 on: November 14, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

Case closed.

I'm just guessing you didn't read the article, much like the old white guys of the GOP didn't read 538.

"It?s the traditionalists who are using statistics in a way that misses the forest for the trees."
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2588 on: November 14, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

Getting the Nexus 4 in the next few days.  How do you like it so far?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2589 on: November 14, 2012, 12:21:58 pm »

Case closed.

don't ever, ever become a lawyer.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2590 on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:34 pm »
I bought my wife the HTC EVO 4g from virgin.  the plan only costs 40 bucks a month for unlimited text and browsing and more minutes than you need and you can cancel anytiime you want.

This.

I'm on the t-mobile $30 plan for 100 minutes of talk, unlimited everything else, including HSPA+42, no contract.  It's ridiculously awesome with the unlocked Nexus line from Google.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2591 on: November 14, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »
Getting the Nexus 4 in the next few days.  How do you like it so far?

It's pretty amazing, except for Google Voice.  For some reason that's broken, which is a shame because I rely heavily on it.  Very glad I skipped the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint and gave up CDMA for GSM.  I have DC-HSPA+ here in SF so the speeds are just as good as LTE, and I didn't have to sign a contract with any carrier.
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #2592 on: November 14, 2012, 12:48:28 pm »

Case closed.

I'm just guessing you didn't read the article, much like the old white guys of the GOP didn't read 538.

"It?s the traditionalists who are using statistics in a way that misses the forest for the trees."

racist.  Anyway i read the article. Here is something it leaves out:  Cabrera moved from first to third and didn't complan about it at all.  He wasn't brooks robinson over there but he was pretty decent.  And whatever division Cabrera played in his team made the playoffs and trouts did not. And it is not like the Angels weren't stacked with talent. Also Cabrera has a higher OPS than Trout

Trout will have his chance in the future.   This is Cabrera's year.

hutch

« Reply #2593 on: November 14, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »

Case closed.

Are you saying Cabrera is not going to get the MVP award because he had a triple crown year?

I guess you're saying he SHOULDN'T..

As far as the article... I read Nate Silver pretty much every day during the cycle but no I did not read the article....yet..... I've been following baseball all my life.. I'm entitled to my opinion of what constitutes an MVP season thank you very much (same as you are or Silver). I don't have to read articles to have an opinion. I watch baseball and follow the game.

I wonder if there is something else going on here... Cabrera's triple crown got hardly any press this year.... Is it the arrests? the fact he's not a clean cut kid? Let's say Cabrera and Trout reversed roles... I have a hard time believing we'd be hearing all this mumbo jumbo. You grow up all your life hearing about Yaz and how great and unattainable the triple crown is. then somebody does it and all of a sudden he's not the MVP even though he played for a playoff team? Come on.

hutch

« Reply #2594 on: November 14, 2012, 02:38:05 pm »

Case closed.

don't ever, ever become a lawyer.

He didn't win? I checked but I don't think they've announced it.