Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2698889 times)

Cali

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1800 on: November 17, 2009, 09:13:48 pm »
how can u not enjoy a hippy show - they're funny. i love that he wanted to make love to the whole crowd. i bet your expression was priceless LOL

Cali

« Reply #1801 on: November 17, 2009, 09:15:11 pm »
brett dennen tonght
public enemy tomorrow

azaghal1981

« Reply #1802 on: November 17, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »
I went out the last three nights and am skipping Dennen/Potter.

Lame of me, I know.

It'll be hard to keep my attention the night after those two epic Devo performances, though.

Rest of my week:
J. Tillman tomorrow
Jesus Lizard/Noveller thursday
Numbers Band Friday
maybe something saturday (is there anything going on?)
Skinny Puppy sunday
احمد

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #1803 on: November 17, 2009, 10:59:15 pm »
I'm off to see the Lizard
The wonderful Lizard of Jesus

Christine Moritz

« Reply #1804 on: November 18, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
Thurs. 11/19 - Going to the opera, and probably missing the Jesus Lizard as a result.  However, I wasn't into them back in the day, so I don't think this counts as a tragic loss.

Sat. 11/21 - Going to Eighteenth Street Lounge to see Robert Luis (co-head of the excellent British label Tru Thoughts) and Lanu (a Tru Thoughts artist who's also in the bands The Bamboos and Cookin' on 3 Burners).

Sun. 11/22 - Little Dragon at Bohemian Caverns

Mon. 11/23 - Bebel Gilberto at the 9:30 Club

Thurs. 11/26 - I'll be the opening act for Zero 7 at the 9:30 Club.   :)

andyrichter

« Reply #1805 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:17 pm »
the haysuz lizard at da club

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1806 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »
damn - we didnt get that during our show. They played for maybe close to an hour before Alex was complaining about his throat and he had to leave because he needed his voice for tonights show.

It was an awesome show. Alex has such charisma and stage presence. As I told a friend last night I felt like I had this religious transformative experience. They reminded me of the Polyphonic Spree - but that felt like even more of a love-in. Jade has a great voice and she was really cute dancing all around the stage. Has an amazing voice. I loved all the singing along and how the audience yelled out all the songs they wanted to hear. Jade even said 'now its time for Freebird'.

Anyway - great show and I had a really great time.

The openers were also really great. Really liked Local Natives (was sad I missed them at CMJ, so it was good they were back). Liked Fools Gold, but not nearly as much and found their
music a bit repetitive.

how can u not enjoy a hippy show - they're funny. i love that he wanted to make love to the whole crowd. i bet your expression was priceless LOL
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1807 on: November 24, 2009, 05:05:33 pm »
Tonight: Royksopp @ Webster Hall
Tomorrow: Pixies??? If I can get a ticket - or seeing friends band play - The Penguin Revolution
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1808 on: November 24, 2009, 05:55:38 pm »
i caught royksopp in SF last week - great show, tons of fun, very bouncy and a great crowd.  i wouldn't say it was "get on a bus/train/plan must-see" great, but damn solid.  NYC'ers should definitely make an effort to catch it.  the norwegian contingent was out in full force and you can imagine what a SF EDM show smells like once the band hit the stage.  they played most of the new album and a good smattering of older stuff.  not much of a stage show but still a lot of fun to dance to (video from a'dam: you haven't got a clue)

i got in the show by way of an old-school deadhead-style miracle.  TM showed tickets available up until noon day of show, but sold out just hours beforehand.  i went to the venue as soon as the box office was supposed to be open, but it didn't - and i had more work to finish before the show so i left for the hotel.  by the time i came back there were at least 30 people hanging around outside the venue looking for tickets.  through the magic of pure luck, perseverance and the one-finger-in-the-air, i snagged one of the very few extras that showed up.  my streak of getting in to any show i want remains intact.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:57:23 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1809 on: November 24, 2009, 06:02:53 pm »
Neither show sold out here for Royksopp. Theres so many shows going on (as if there isnt always), that Im not that surprised. Friends that went last night said it was really great show and theyre playing almost all their singles. Will be lots of fun, Im sure.

Btw - I randomly came across you and Sharon Jones again. Good times!

i caught royksopp in SF last week - great show, tons of fun, very bouncy and a great crowd.  i wouldn't say it was "get on a bus/train/plan must-see" great, but damn solid.  NYC'ers should definitely make an effort to catch it.  the norwegian contingent was out in full force and you can imagine what a SF EDM show smells like once the band hit the stage.  they played most of the new album and a good smattering of older stuff.  not much of a stage show but still a lot of fun to dance to (video from a'dam: you haven't got a clue)

i got in the show by way of an old-school deadhead-style miracle.  TM showed tickets available up until noon day of show, but sold out just hours beforehand.  i went to the venue as soon as the box office was supposed to be open, but it didn't - and i had more work to finish before the show so i left for the hotel.  by the time i came back there were at least 30 people hanging around outside the venue looking for tickets.  through the magic of pure luck, perseverance and the one-finger-in-the-air, i snagged one of the very few extras that showed up.  my streak of getting in to any show i want remains intact.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1810 on: November 24, 2009, 07:10:38 pm »
they only played one show in SF.  i suspect that if they also did just one show in NYC it would sell out too.

can't wait to see SJ&DK on NYE!
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1811 on: November 28, 2009, 04:10:45 pm »
Bowerbirds tonite
Josh Ritter - tuesday
Ted Leo - thursday
Pelican - friday

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:06:18 am by Hello Sunshine M! »
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #1812 on: November 29, 2009, 03:52:13 pm »
Josh Ritter - Tues.
Would like to see Ted Leo on Thurs., but working Peter Bradley Adams at JJ instead.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #1813 on: November 30, 2009, 03:28:44 am »
Tuesday - Alicia Keys @ Nokia Theater
Wednesday - Imogen Heap @ Webster Hall (maybe?)
Thursday - Rihanna @ Hammerstein Ballroom
Friday - The Wrens / Palomar @ Maxwell's
Woof.

madcappa123

« Reply #1814 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:44 am »
Today- Pixies
Tuesday- Pixies
Saturday- Rob Zombie