Author Topic: Virgin Freefest 2012  (Read 121522 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: Virgin Freefest 2012
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2012, 12:29:20 pm »
Question! Any word on reserved pavilion seats? I'm just wondering for my 59 year old mom since she has a knee replaced and can't sit on the ground so well. For once in a long time, my mom and sister want to attend V-fest with me. I get the feeling that getting three tickets is going to be very tricky.

It's GA, you'll just have to get seats in the pavillion and keep them. Though you might want to reach out to see if they have handicapped seating available if her mobility is an issue.

James Ford

« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »
For those of you who couldn't swing the tickets, I offer my condolences and hope that you'll have better luck tomorrow.

Yada offers you these words.

Yes, posting the information on an internet chatboard for something of limited quantity and high demand is always a bright idea.

::)

I got the presale information in email from Virgin Mobile as I am a customer.  So I guess I made the right move by not signing up for twitter.  I would tell everyone the information but I am sure as Twitter junkies you all know as well. 

If you can't swing a free ticket out of 20,000 or more, you're doing something incredibly wrong.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »
I got some texts, my friend jumped on at 12:06 and was 'sold out'. I clicked the link in my email right as my work computer hit noon, slid right through. Super happy, according to my Facebook a lot of friends got through too! Hopefully some other folks can get through tomorrow.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2012, 12:54:02 pm »
Now let's hope the set times of the bands I want to see over-lap.

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

and have never heard of NAS, Shrillex, Dismemberment plan, allen stone or das racist

so keep that in mind when making the schedule!!!  :)

James Ford

« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2012, 12:56:25 pm »
I find it hard to believe you've never heard of the ones you list. I couldn't name a song by the ones you list, but cmon surely you've heard those names. Haven't heard of Nas or Dismemberment Plan? REally?

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

and have never heard of NAS, Shrillex, Dismemberment plan, allen stone or das racist

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2012, 12:57:28 pm »

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

You have to be a troll.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

You have to be a troll.

t
why becuase I like alabama shakes?

atomicfront

« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:55 pm »
I find it hard to believe you've never heard of the ones you list. I couldn't name a song by the ones you list, but cmon surely you've heard those names. Haven't heard of Nas or Dismemberment Plan? REally?

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

actually was wrong I have heard of NAS as he did that album with Damian Marley.  Looked up dismemberment plan and still  don't know who they are

saintangelsin

« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:06 pm »
Question! Any word on reserved pavilion seats? I'm just wondering for my 59 year old mom since she has a knee replaced and can't sit on the ground so well. For once in a long time, my mom and sister want to attend V-fest with me. I get the feeling that getting three tickets is going to be very tricky.

It's GA, you'll just have to get seats in the pavillion and keep them. Though you might want to reach out to see if they have handicapped seating available if her mobility is an issue.

Thanks and all! In 2010 and 2011, they had special tickets up for grabs for a price. It allowed people to keep their seats in a special section of the pavilion. I believe they started doing that after the insanity for seats that happened in 2009. (Believe me, it was nuts. My mom didn't leave her seat the whole day. Even if your friend holds your seat for you, you have to wait in line for them to allow you access, which at one point took at least an hour or so.)

In 2010 and with 2011, I had easy access to getting a seat for a band's set. Judging by the hard hitters they have this year, I don't think it's going to be that easy. Jack White and Nas are both pretty huge shit and I'm sure fans will keep seats for hours. (Back in 2009, the same situation happened because of Weezer)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:25 pm »
cool thing about this show is discovering bands you know nothing about

James Ford

« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2012, 01:18:09 pm »
Did you just move to DC from another part of the country or something?

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

actually was wrong I have heard of NAS as he did that album with Damian Marley.  Looked up dismemberment plan and still  don't know who they are

Vas Deferens

« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »
think it was more because of Blink 182.

(Back in 2009, the same situation happened because of Weezer)
(_|_)

saintangelsin

« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2012, 01:36:07 pm »
think it was more because of Blink 182.

(Back in 2009, the same situation happened because of Weezer)

You're probably right now that I'm thinking about it.

I want to see:
jack white
m83
santigold
ben folds five
alabama shakes
portugal the man
future islands

I'm going to make a wild guess here... M83 and Jack White will be part of the evening headliners. You have to have M83 play when it's dark outside because of their amazing light set up. A part of me gets the feeling M83 will play the field stage because it's more dance orientated music. And I'll also guess that Skrillex will probably play after M83. They did a similar set up last year with Empire of the Sun and DeadMau5.

Okay so here's my guess for which stage who is playing and I've put it in order of who I think will play first and all that jazz...

Field Stage - Future Islands (they'll probably be the opening act), Allen Stone, Das Racists, Santigold, Nas, M83, Skrillex (Most likely the headliner, if not, then it'll be M83),

Pavilion Stage - Justin Jones (I'm guessing he'll be the first on here), Trample By Turtles, Alabama Shakes, Portugal the Man, The Dismemberment Plan, Ben Folds Five, ZZ Top, and Jack White (I'm betting that ZZ Top and Jack White might even play together!!!)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2012, 01:38:11 pm »
Trampled By Turtles is in the Dance Forest
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »
because bluegrass is dance music?

Trampled By Turtles is in the Dance Forest