Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400606 times)

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1440 on: July 02, 2020, 11:40:37 am »
Florida is reporting 10,109 new COVID-19 cases today!

Doing a bang-up job Gov D

Although, can someone give me a good reason this didn't happen earlier in FL
My understanding that tons of people from China and the EU came in via FL and cases would have spiked earlier in this state
There were massive spring break and biker fests in March/April

I do think that outdoor events like going to a protest or the beach pose a much lower risk for spreading
unlike bars/live music venues
slack

hutch

« Reply #1441 on: July 02, 2020, 11:51:52 am »
Except at the beach people congregate on boardwalks and bars by the beach

You have to close down beaches and bars stat

hutch

« Reply #1442 on: July 02, 2020, 12:00:02 pm »
I think it takes time to spread..like NYC got slammed in March but it was probably spreading from December

Florida probably started spreading March and they are getting slammed now

What makes it so galling..so maddening is Florida refused to learn from Wuhan, Milan, NYC...

I mean in Florida people just kept partying..Spring Break baby!! Beach!!

On the other hand it must be admitted that Southern California seemed to take it seriously and is also losing control...they seemed to lose focus...lots of partying at the beach

In fact this virus seems to love partying, bars and live music!

Fucker
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:02:12 pm by hutch »

« Reply #1443 on: July 02, 2020, 12:06:27 pm »

Fucker
I think the thing is that alcohol and smoking probably make one more at risk and lowers your immune response too.  So putting you at higher risk of catching  (unlike at a protest where people are staying sober)

What is odd is stupidy isn't technically a risk-factor.  But it's becoming aperent it is.
slack

hutch

« Reply #1444 on: July 02, 2020, 12:17:29 pm »
Definitely true about alcohol

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1445 on: July 02, 2020, 12:19:27 pm »
I do think that outdoor events like going to a protest or the beach pose a much lower risk for spreading
unlike bars/live music venues

like hutchie said, the problem isn't the sand and surf - it's the boardwalks, rides, bars and restaurants around the beaches.

i also strongly believe that folks let the hair, and their guard, down at the beach.  you go there to relax and/or party, not to be careful and maintain a healthy dose of caution.  i suspect that some folks who wore masks and social distanced the week before threw everything out the window as soon as they heard the words "reopened." they make it a binary choice - full-on war-on-virus mode vs. PARTAY NAKED!!!111 - whereas it's shades of gray, AKA phased reopening (the early stages of which still require masks, distancing, etc.)
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1446 on: July 02, 2020, 01:10:55 pm »

Fucker
I think the thing is that alcohol and smoking probably make one more at risk and lowers your immune response too.  So putting you at higher risk of catching  (unlike at a protest where people are staying sober)

What is odd is stupidy isn't technically a risk-factor.  But it's becoming aperent it is.

Definitely no. This is absolutely incorrect.

You have no immunity.  The symptoms of COVID are your body's immune system trying to figure out what to do.

Alcohol and smoking are higher risk factors, but only because they cloud your judgement and you no longer practice social distancing or wear masks.  (Tho for real, people going to bars probably didn't bring masks to begin with.)

« Reply #1447 on: July 02, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »

Fucker

You have no immunity.  The symptoms of COVID are your body's immune system trying to figure out what to do.

Alcohol and smoking are higher risk factors, but only because they cloud your judgement and you no longer practice social distancing or wear masks.  (Tho for real, people going to bars probably didn't bring masks to begin with.)
Did a Dr tell you that or is that conjecture?
slack

« Reply #1448 on: July 02, 2020, 02:05:09 pm »
Herman Cain has been hospitalized and is being treated for COVID-19

Attend Tulsa without mask
slack

« Reply #1450 on: July 02, 2020, 02:30:03 pm »
Asking for a friend ....

I keep hearing about the constitutional right to not wear a mask in a Privately owned store.

So was that in the bill of rights? or tucked into an amendment where's it's in legalese?
slack

« Reply #1451 on: July 02, 2020, 02:38:08 pm »
what the actual fuck!

Family of Man Who Died of Coronavirus Hit With $1 Million Hospital Bill

"Over one million dollars for one person. Insurance paid $100,000 of it –10%. Mind you, they may accept insurance and clear this balance, but even so these numbers are insane," the user said, adding that their deceased family member had both Medicare and private insurance.

these Maga-idiots who fight universal health care are insane that THIS is a better way to operate a countries heathcare system
slack

hutch

« Reply #1452 on: July 02, 2020, 03:04:03 pm »
In America our only hope may be that the virus takes pity on us....we clearly have no plan or desire to do anything other than keeping on

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-02-20-intl/h_fa914077a7e53a9636a144e228865a08

« Reply #1453 on: July 02, 2020, 03:09:02 pm »
may be that the virus takes pity on us....
Pity-pandemics are much worse than pity-sex
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1454 on: July 02, 2020, 04:09:03 pm »

Fucker

Did a Dr tell you that or is that conjecture?

Which part are you doubting? Do you think you have immunity? Do you doubt that fever and inflammation are immune responses? Don't you agree that alcohol makes people act dumb impairs your judgement?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:38:06 pm by Heilung4eva »