Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400604 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3555 on: October 24, 2021, 04:19:45 pm »
Edward Christopher Sheerahan

Space Freely

« Reply #3556 on: October 24, 2021, 05:15:24 pm »
Edward Christopher Sheerahan

Last week he performed in London as part of the inaugural Earthshot Prize awards, hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

« Reply #3557 on: October 25, 2021, 07:00:03 am »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3558 on: October 25, 2021, 08:51:57 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #3559 on: October 25, 2021, 02:50:50 pm »
So when should I get my booster? I got my second shot April 9. I'm technically eligible now, since I have a BMI over 25.

I feel like I could go a few more months, but also feel like once they approve it for little kids and a booster for everyone 40+, it might get harder to get it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3560 on: October 25, 2021, 03:28:11 pm »
So when should I get my booster? I got my second shot April 9. I'm technically eligible now, since I have a BMI over 25.
Just go get it. I don't agree with your contention that there will be a supply chain issue 2 months from now when kids can get shots and the booster age is lowered but if that was the case, doesn't it make sense to get now when there's a glut of doses? Additionally, what is gained by waiting? Maybe your immunity level hasn't started to drop, but if not, what is harmed by going ahead and getting ahead of time?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3561 on: October 25, 2021, 03:35:00 pm »

I feel like I could go a few more months, but also feel like once they approve it for little kids and a booster for everyone 40+, it might get harder to get it.

I signed up for 11/2 at the local CVS.

Space Freely

« Reply #3562 on: October 25, 2021, 03:39:10 pm »
Just go get it. I don't agree with your contention that there will be a supply chain issue 2 months from now when kids can get shots and the booster age is lowered but if that was the case, doesn't it make sense to get now when there's a glut of doses? Additionally, what is gained by waiting? Maybe your immunity level hasn't started to drop, but if not, what is harmed by going ahead and getting ahead of time?

But I'm working from home five days a week, not visting with anyone who is high risk, not eating or doing anything indoors other than a couple of masked concerts with fully vaccinated patrons until the end of the year. I'm still very well protected against serious illness.

How long does the third shot effectiveness last? Am I going to have to keep getting a new shot every six months?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3563 on: October 25, 2021, 03:43:49 pm »
Am I going to have to keep getting a new shot every six months?

Yes. Or possibly annually.

Yada

« Reply #3564 on: October 25, 2021, 03:46:39 pm »

But I'm working from home five days a week, not visting with anyone who is high risk, not eating or doing anything indoors other than a couple of masked concerts with fully vaccinated patrons until the end of the year. I'm still very well protected against serious illness.

How long does the third shot effectiveness last? Am I going to have to keep getting a new shot every six months?

Why'd you get vaccinated in the first place if you still do nothing other than attend fully vaxxed/masked concerts? Seems like you're pretty low risk for catching or spreading it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3565 on: October 25, 2021, 03:51:35 pm »
How could we possibly know (re: your first question)? No one has had a third shot for more than 4-ish months yet in any trials.

It would seem likely that we will need periodic booster shots for COVID the same way we do the flu or tetanus, but I think anyone who is telling you definitively if that's going to be "every 6 months" or "every 6 years" or some specific point on the timeline between the two is probably talking out their butt.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3566 on: October 25, 2021, 04:00:37 pm »

Why'd you get vaccinated in the first place if you still do nothing other than attend fully vaxxed/masked concerts? Seems like you're pretty low risk for catching or spreading it.

I meant in the next three months or so, I have nothing but low risk activities planned/

I got vaxxed in the first place because I wanted to reduce the risk of serious illness if I did get it. Now I feel like I'm still very well protected even if I do catch it.

I also had two airplanes rides and airport shuttle rides on the horizon, which I felt were medium risk. And was visiting my unvaxxed mother. Now, I have nothing of that nature planned in the immediate future.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3567 on: October 25, 2021, 04:02:13 pm »
Thursday: COVID Booster/Flu Shot doubledip.

Space Freely

« Reply #3568 on: October 25, 2021, 04:03:03 pm »
How could we possibly know (re: your first question)? No one has had a third shot for more than 4-ish months yet in any trials.

It would seem likely that we will need periodic booster shots for COVID the same way we do the flu or tetanus, but I think anyone who is telling you definitively if that's going to be "every 6 months" or "every 6 years" or some specific point on the timeline between the two is probably talking out their butt.

I agree with everything you're saying. I'll definitely get shot #3 in 2021 but don't feel the sense of urgency I did in getting shot #1. Though also not criticizing anyone who does.

Space Freely

« Reply #3569 on: October 25, 2021, 04:04:04 pm »
Thursday: COVID Booster/Flu Shot doubledip.

Why not make it a triple shot and get teh Shringrix?