Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241418 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5535 on: June 22, 2015, 09:55:45 pm »
We're down in St Petersburg right now. I thought Jai Alai was the best IPA in Florida, until I had this one....which may be the best single IPA I've ever had.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22147/114831/

We've stopped at Rapp, 7venth Sun, and Cycle so far. All Excellent. Also headed to Coppertail, Angry Chair, and of course Cigar City, all in Tampa.

Then I head to Wisconsin on Sunday for work and of course have to drive to New Glarus...

Yada

« Reply #5536 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:18 am »
Feel free to pack an entire suitcase full of New Glarus fruit beers, I'll take them all off your hands!

brennser

« Reply #5537 on: June 23, 2015, 11:48:42 am »
Thanks for this - very helpful - we are headed to Kiawah on Saturday for the week and plan on spending time in Charleston

Heading to Charleston SC for a little RnR with out the kidos (rest and relaxation not rock and roll)
quite the beer city, looking for some recommendations
Westbrook Brewing was already on the list to try their gose

But all these other options too
http://revelrybrewingco.com
http://freehousebeer.com
www.coastbrewing.com/
http://frothybeard.com
http://www.holycitybrewing.com
http://tradesmanbrewing.com
http://www.palmettobrewery.com

these two places seem pretty spectacular http://www.closed4business.com &http://edmundsoast.com
this site is a great listing http://beerofsc.com of what's available in the state, but don't plan on going further than a cab ride from Charleston

Also any other non-beer must dos would be appreciated 

Might put a rose at The Emanuel A.M.E. Church in a show of unity

Space Freely

« Reply #5538 on: June 24, 2015, 09:41:18 pm »
Feel free to pack an entire suitcase full of New Glarus fruit beers, I'll take them all off your hands!

I do plan to fill the suitcase whose transport is being paid for by my employer with 50 pounds of New Glarus beers. Minus the weight if the suitcase.

Now you just need to host a 9:30 Forum bottle share and invite us and I will bring copious amounts of NG. ;D

K8teebug

« Reply #5539 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »
Not beer, but go to Jestine's Kitchen.

Yada

« Reply #5540 on: June 29, 2015, 02:37:13 pm »
Freshly canned Solar Abyss from DC Brau is quite delicious... better than any recent Wings I've had.

walk,on,by

« Reply #5541 on: June 29, 2015, 08:28:28 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #5542 on: June 30, 2015, 10:01:49 am »
Drinking two glasses of Wisconsin Belgian Red at New Glarus on Sunday was like a religious experience for this beer geek. Fortunately, it didn't inspire me to shoot up a beach full of tourists.

Brought home some goodies from New Glarus and Toppling Goliath, yesssireee.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5543 on: June 30, 2015, 12:47:10 pm »
Drinking two glasses of Wisconsin Belgian Red at New Glarus on Sunday was like a religious experience for this beer geek. Fortunately, it didn't inspire me to shoot up a beach full of tourists.

oh cool you're back to making discriminatory remarks against religion great thats my favorite

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5544 on: June 30, 2015, 12:56:25 pm »
a few years ago i was traveling to WI regularly just as i was getting into beer.  too bad my beer geekness didn't kick in in time for me to get on the NG train.  i did have their Spotted Cow and one other standard offering that i can't name at the moment, both were solid.

oh cool you're back to making discriminatory remarks against religion great thats my favorite

just one religion in particular...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #5545 on: June 30, 2015, 03:31:22 pm »

I fail to see how that comment can be construed as a "discriminatory remark against religion" but as long as religion has no problem in saying that nonbelievers are going to burn in hell, I have no problem saying bad things about the fairy tales that people believe in.

And in regard to referencing one particular religion, i'm only picking on the one that inspires it's believers to kill in it's name.

If I say that there is one US political party that is more filled with anti-gay, racist climate deniers than the other party, am I being discriminatory against that party?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:50:53 pm by Space Freely »

stevewizzle

« Reply #5546 on: June 30, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »

I fail to see how that comment can be construed as a "discriminatory remark against religion" but as long as religion has no problem in saying that nonbelievers are going to burn in hell, I have no problem saying bad things about the fairy tales that people believe in.

And in regard to referencing one particular religion, i'm only picking on the one that inspires it's believers to kill in it's name.

If I say that there is one US political party that is more filled with anti-gay, racist climate deniers than the other party, am I being discriminatory against that party?

its a thread about beer on a forum about a music venue. your comments are misplaced at best and it's not worth discussing whether they have any merit or not.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5547 on: June 30, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »
so back on topic...

i've got the sour train running at home.  letting my wild saison sit in a corny keg for 6+ months, and then I think i'll bottle half, age the other half in a 3 gal corny keg with some fruit for a couple more months.  had a recent splurge on some kegs for aging beer because i realized that plastic is disposable, glass is difficult to transport, and kegs hold their value along with being very sturdy/easy to transport.  it really is the perfect vessel for storing beer.

also about to rack off my portion of my barrel-aged sour that's been aging in a chardonnay barrel for 12 months now.  will brew an oud bruin for that barrel next (Jamil's oud bruin recipe).

also! got a hop-bursted IPA that i'm cold crashing now, will dry-hop tomorrow, and real excited to taste that batch.  i've been using US-05 for all my IPAs for the past 2 years, and while i really can't speak highly enough about that yeast, i gave london ale III a shot after hearing all the hype about how it produces that vermont-style IPA flavor.   i'll report back with results when it's ready.

Yada

« Reply #5548 on: June 30, 2015, 05:14:24 pm »
so back on topic...

i've got the sour train running at home.  letting my wild saison sit in a corny keg for 6+ months, and then I think i'll bottle half, age the other half in a 3 gal corny keg with some fruit for a couple more months.  had a recent splurge on some kegs for aging beer because i realized that plastic is disposable, glass is difficult to transport, and kegs hold their value along with being very sturdy/easy to transport.  it really is the perfect vessel for storing beer.

also about to rack off my portion of my barrel-aged sour that's been aging in a chardonnay barrel for 12 months now.  will brew an oud bruin for that barrel next (Jamil's oud bruin recipe).

also! got a hop-bursted IPA that i'm cold crashing now, will dry-hop tomorrow, and real excited to taste that batch.  i've been using US-05 for all my IPAs for the past 2 years, and while i really can't speak highly enough about that yeast, i gave london ale III a shot after hearing all the hype about how it produces that vermont-style IPA flavor.   i'll report back with results when it's ready.

I had two miller high lifes last night!

Space Freely

« Reply #5549 on: June 30, 2015, 05:21:24 pm »

its a thread about beer on a forum about a music venue. your comments are misplaced at best and it's not worth discussing whether they have any merit or not.

Wow, just wow. The politically correct thought police that is the American educational system taught you frighteningly well.

I started the thread, I say jokes and digressions are allowed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:23:58 pm by Space Freely »