Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241421 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6585 on: March 17, 2016, 01:59:57 pm »
Good thinking. Perhaps the dog gets the other six ounces since he's underweight.
Have you computed your dog's BMI?

yes

Your Dog may be Underweight

Space Freely

« Reply #6586 on: March 17, 2016, 02:04:14 pm »
It appears they may have Hopslam AND KBS on at Fair Lakes Whole Foods. That's where I should be teleworking from.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6587 on: March 17, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »
Your Dog may be Underweight
Better keep an eye on that, buddy!
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6588 on: March 17, 2016, 04:33:38 pm »
$14 crowlers at Aslin.

Space, I hope you were wearing a diaper when you read that news.

Space Freely

« Reply #6589 on: March 17, 2016, 04:48:05 pm »
$14 crowlers at Aslin.

Space, I hope you were wearing a diaper when you read that news.

I send them my best Nancy Reagan.

I did once pay $10 each for crowlers of Crank IPA at Cycle Brewing in St Petersburg, but that's likely one of my top 3 IPA's of all time and better than Aslin.

hutch

« Reply #6590 on: March 17, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »
I had me a pint of guiness...$3....

Space Freely

« Reply #6591 on: March 17, 2016, 08:51:30 pm »

I had a 12 oz Hopslam on draft for $5. I win.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:53:36 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #6592 on: March 17, 2016, 08:56:13 pm »

even if I wanted a guiness?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6593 on: March 17, 2016, 09:45:31 pm »

even if I wanted a guiness?
im sure your [noun] regret your poor life decisions.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6594 on: March 17, 2016, 10:54:06 pm »

I'd rather drink a Guinness.

Space Freely

« Reply #6595 on: March 18, 2016, 09:01:35 am »

There was a time when all my daughter would eat was packaged vegan corn dogs from Trader Joes. Now she has pronounced that she will never eat another vegan corn dog and we have a freezer full of vegan corn dog packages.

The only time I ever drink a Guinness is when I'm on vacation in St John, because that's one of the few stout options available there. And I always choose the Guinness Foreign Extra. Oddly, even though it's tastier and higher in abv (and pricier here on the mainland), it's actually cheaper there than the other Guinness variants.

The location that I had the Hopslam (Whole Foods) also had Guinness and several rare-ish Bells stouts on tap. I would have chosen any of the Bells beers over Guinness.

Yada

« Reply #6596 on: March 18, 2016, 09:07:34 am »

There was a time when all my daughter would eat was packaged vegan corn dogs from Trader Joes. Now she has pronounced that she will never eat another vegan corn dog and we have a freezer full of vegan corn dog packages.

The only time I ever drink a Guinness is when I'm on vacation in St John, because that's one of the few stout options available there. And I always choose the Guinness Foreign Extra. Oddly, even though it's tastier and higher in abv (and pricier here on the mainland), it's actually cheaper there than the other Guinness variants.

The location that I had the Hopslam (Whole Foods) also had Guinness and several rare-ish Bells stouts on tap. I would have chosen any of the Bells beers over Guinness.

If you break down the cost of that Hopslam, you're actually paying more per ounce than crowlers at Aslin. Watch that wallet Space!!!

Space Freely

« Reply #6597 on: March 18, 2016, 09:18:11 am »

If you break down the cost of that Hopslam, you're actually paying more per ounce than crowlers at Aslin. Watch that wallet Space!!!

Sure, but 12 oz of Hopslam was more than enough. Six ounces would have been preferable. 32 ounces of any one beer...way more than I'd want to drink in the amount of time I'd need to drink it fresh! So that would be at least $9 more beer than I would want!

walk,on,by

« Reply #6598 on: March 18, 2016, 11:19:44 am »
and here I remember when space hated hopslam, and would so gladly proclaim it you . . . ah, the good ole days.

Space Freely

« Reply #6599 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33:12 am »
and here I remember when space hated hopslam, and would so gladly proclaim it you . . . ah, the good ole days.

When did I ever say I hated it? It's very good, not great. There are better DIPA's for cheaper six pack prices (I picked up one last night, Union Double Duckpin.). It's hateworthy in a sense that it gets more press than it deserves at this point, but it's like Kobe, you have to give him legacy props and he can still put up 30 on a good night. Then again, Hopslam never raped anyone, so it's not even as hateworthy as Kobe.