Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2693679 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4020 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:30 am »
Jag I would go for all of it, but I am making up work from home for hours missed this week due to July 4th.  I will still have to do some tomorrow as well.  It looks like the earliest I will be able to get there would be for The Pilgrim or Serpent Throne.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4021 on: July 07, 2012, 10:45:55 am »
Been so lazy lately. Blew off shows last night and the night before for no reason. I'll chalk it up to the heat. Yeah, that's it. It's the heat.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #4022 on: July 07, 2012, 11:08:40 am »
Been so lazy lately. Blew off shows last night and the night before for no reason. I'll chalk it up to the heat. Yeah, that's it. It's the heat.

you make going to shows sound like a tough job man...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4023 on: July 07, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »
he's waiting for a band to play the tidal basin.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4024 on: July 07, 2012, 05:39:39 pm »
no, too hot today. 

Why aren't you going? Or, are you?

(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #4025 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »
Thought maybe it was because you had found a girlfriend.
 ;)

shemptiness

« Reply #4026 on: July 07, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »
Further tomorrow.

Approaching cold front with possible hail.  Should be fun.

killsaly

« Reply #4027 on: July 08, 2012, 01:17:21 pm »
no, too hot today. 

Why aren't you going? Or, are you?

It actually wasnt that bad.  We got there at 6:30 and it was 92 degrees.  Within an hour or so it was very comfortable.  I was able to catch Serpent Throne (fun guitar shredding), White Hills (loud, groovy, and just enough fuzz), Rude Girls Burlesque (not sure why they had it, but it was fun), the Flying Eyes (only time there was a huge crowd around the stage, kicked ass as usual, and they had fire dancers to the side of the stage and a sitar player), and lastly Celebration (technical problems cut their set short, I would only be upset if i hadnt already seen them several times).  I didnt stay for Black Moth Super Rainbow since I wasnt camping and had to drive 60 miles back.  All in all it was a fun and unique festival experience, much like in 2010.  The atmosphere is great, and I would recommend it to anyone. Cheap food, beer, and merch (i bought a poster and 3 American Apparel t shirts for $30), friendly staff, and not a bad spot to see and hear the music on the whole farm.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4028 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:14 pm »
Pilesar/Buck Gooter tonight at Sova
Chris Forsyth/Janel and Anthony and Violet/Pilesar+Jeff Barsky Duo Tuesday at CD Cellar
Nautical Almanac Thursday at UMCP Student Union
Hume/Buildings at Comet Friday
7 18 78 Fest at Amma House Saturday
Cigarette at MOCA DC next Sunday
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:04:59 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #4029 on: July 08, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
butkus

Unsanity

« Reply #4030 on: July 08, 2012, 06:04:24 pm »
Farm Fest was a hoot. I saw all the bands. Everyone was really great! no joke! There was a bunch of completely naked girls fire dancing with hoops. That was a little weird haha. The heat was oppressive. But I kept hydrated so it was fine. Bad Liquor Pond was great. Elias from The Flying Eyes was on drums for them. the sitar guy Ryan Mcbride was chill. Max Pain & The Groovies are supposedly the best band in Salt Lake City. I dug 'em. The Pilgrim put on the best show I have seen from them yet! Serpent Throne was excellent as well....Rifftastic is a good word. Burlesque show was tame compared to the hippie girls running around. White Hills were heavy! They really impressed me. Flying Eyes cannot put on a bad show, so my title I give to them is "best band in Baltimore". Celebration is always fun too. The night belonged to Black Moth. they played harder and heavier than I have ever seen them play. No gimmicks this time. Tobacco and his crew just blew the crowd away. Lots of dancing and Elias himself crowd surfed and started the pit. They played lots of new material which sounded great! The nude fire girls (and dudes) were enraptured by the sugary electronic beats. I cannot wait until next year! This thing will be hard to top.

One negative comment. My friend brought a keg and no other booze. we were just gonna sip on that all day. The official rules said nothing about no kegs. So we thought we were golden. We get there and the guys running the "glass bottle check" of people's cars said its a no go because Flying Dog was there selling GLASS bottles of beer. Now the rules said no concert goers could even bring in glass bottles! They candidly said to us that they wanted to make money and so they had to curb people bringing in outside beer. They wouldn't even let us tailgate with our beer in the parking lot. That was fairly lame and hypocritical. But hey we just went out and got shit tons of cans after that.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4031 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »
yeah it's hard to top Black Moth Super Rainbow...can't wait for the next tour. The last 2 Ottobar shows have been epic (as well as the Tobacco solo show).
(_|_)

jrho

« Reply #4032 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:33 am »
Neon Trees on Wednesday. I enjoyed their set at the Chili Cook off. Pretty sure the drummer is on maternity leave at this point, so I'm curious about who they have filling in for the tour. I'm also looking forward to JJAMZ since I'm a fan of Z Berg from her days in The Like.

Yada

« Reply #4033 on: July 12, 2012, 10:01:43 am »
Roger Waters tonight.... pretty, pretty pumped.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4034 on: July 12, 2012, 10:04:24 am »
Roger Waters tonight.... pretty, pretty pumped.

Me too - can't wait for the show!