Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10042587 times)

Mr.Whippy

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #25575 on: March 05, 2012, 09:01:31 pm »
http://verizoncenter.com/2012/03/radiohead-with-special-guest-caribou/

Radiohead has added another leg of North American tour dates as part of their ongoing world tour in support of their new album, The King Of Limbs. The new dates begin May 29 in Mansfield, MA, and include a June 3 date at Verizon Center. For additional shows added to the tour please visit www.radiohead.com.                             

TICKET INFORMATION: Tickets for Radiohead on Sun., June 3 at 7:30 p.m. are $69.50 (plus applicable service charges) and go on sale Sat., March 10 at 10:00 a.m. The floor is general admission, meaning no seats. There is a four ticket limit. A ticket lottery will take place at 8:00 a.m. at the Verizon Center box office only. Fans must be in line by 8:00 a.m. to participate. Tickets will be available through all Ticketmaster outlets including the Verizon Center box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com and via Phonecharge at 1-800-745-3000. Accessible seating is available for patrons with disabilities by calling 202-661-5065. Please visit www.radiohead.com for updates.

So, if it's a lottery at 8am, I'm assuming there's no difference in your chances at a ticket between being in line at 6am v. 7:55am?

Does anyone know if the tickets sold at the box office will be a special allotment only available there, or will they just be pulling the same tickets as you could get online?  If it is the latter, it seems like buying in person would not be a good idea unless you were one of the first couple in line after the lottery happens.

Yada

« Reply #25576 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:32 am »

Radiohead has added another leg of North American tour dates as part of their ongoing world tour in support of their new album, The King Of Limbs. The new dates begin May 29 in Mansfield, MA, and include a June 3 date at Verizon Center. For additional shows added to the tour please visit www.radiohead.com.                             

TICKET INFORMATION: Tickets for Radiohead on Sun., June 3 at 7:30 p.m. are $69.50 (plus applicable service charges) and go on sale Sat., March 10 at 10:00 a.m. The floor is general admission, meaning no seats. There is a four ticket limit. A ticket lottery will take place at 8:00 a.m. at the Verizon Center box office only. Fans must be in line by 8:00 a.m. to participate. Tickets will be available through all Ticketmaster outlets including the Verizon Center box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com and via Phonecharge at 1-800-745-3000. Accessible seating is available for patrons with disabilities by calling 202-661-5065. Please visit www.radiohead.com for updates.

So, if it's a lottery at 8am, I'm assuming there's no difference in your chances at a ticket between being in line at 6am v. 7:55am?

Does anyone know if the tickets sold at the box office will be a special allotment only available there, or will they just be pulling the same tickets as you could get online?  If it is the latter, it seems like buying in person would not be a good idea unless you were one of the first couple in line after the lottery happens.

I would take your chances on the good old lap top.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25577 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:57 am »

nope, dunno, i would hope so but haven't heard anything either way.

maybe call the box office and ask?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #25578 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:43 pm »
if anyone buys at box please tell us how it went! i'm curious

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25579 on: March 06, 2012, 05:26:34 pm »
Radiohead hasn't put out a good album since 'OK Computer'

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25580 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »
The only good part of this festival is the drugs! With the exception of the music this sounds awesome!!

I have never been, but I heard its pretty laid back compared to some of the other multiple day camping fests.

its a drug festival full of drugs and people taking lots and lots of drugs.  all they do is look for drugs and talk about drugs and they can only listen to music while on drugs.  the cops and the entire state of wv had about a fucking 'nuff of the whole thing and kicked their ass out of state.  plus the old venue was horrible and a girl died.   

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25581 on: March 06, 2012, 05:31:01 pm »

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25582 on: March 06, 2012, 05:31:50 pm »
Would have LOVED to have gotten tickets to this show. Fiona Apple is incredible and this show will be very, very special :(

Fiona Apple
Sixth and I
3/21

Yada

« Reply #25583 on: March 06, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
The only good part of this festival is the drugs! With the exception of the music this sounds awesome!!

I have never been, but I heard its pretty laid back compared to some of the other multiple day camping fests.

its a drug festival full of drugs and people taking lots and lots of drugs.  all they do is look for drugs and talk about drugs and they can only listen to music while on drugs.  the cops and the entire state of wv had about a fucking 'nuff of the whole thing and kicked their ass out of state.  plus the old venue was horrible and a girl died.   

hahahaha!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25584 on: March 06, 2012, 05:33:18 pm »
And for the record, who ever gave a shit about West Virginia anyway? With the exception of the great strip clubs there's no reason to go there, ever!

hahahaha!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25585 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:34 pm »
Awesome! Rachel Maddow is fantastic!!

Does she sing? Do standup?

Lets see:
Sweet! (in reply to a proper DC Polyphonic Spree gig)
How is it? (Sixth and I)
And Also at Sixth and I:
Rachel Maddow
Date:    Saturday, April 28, 2012
Time:    8:00 PM

In Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power, the host of the Emmy Award-winning ?The Rachel Maddow Show? on MSNBC, argues that we?ve drifted away from America?s original ideals and become a nation weirdly at peace with perpetual war, with all the financial and human costs that entails.

Maddow takes us from the Vietnam War to today?s war in Afghanistan, along the way exploring Reagan?s presidency, the rise of executive authority, the outsourcing of our war-making capabilities to private companies, and the plummeting percentage of American families whose children fight our constant wars for us. Ultimately, she shows just how much we stand to lose by allowing the priorities of the national security state to overpower political discourse.

Bags

« Reply #25586 on: March 06, 2012, 05:47:47 pm »
I have no idea if they will have a GA floor, but for Bruce, they had very few floor tickets at the box office because most of them were paperless tickets, so you had to be online to get floor tix.  This is second hand, but  I got all the details of the story....

Bags

« Reply #25587 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »
Um, the Polyphonic Spree is at Sixth and I??

The Polyphonic Spree
Date:  Monday, May 21, 2012 
Time:  8:00 PM 

Since its founding in 2000 by band leader Tim DeLaughter, the two dozen-member band has had little trouble carving out its own niche. The Polyphonic Spree makes an uplifting blend of pop, orchestral rock, and even a bit of gospel. DeLaughter?s ensemble, with a ten-person choir and soaring sound, puts on a powerful live performance.

Admission: TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, MARCH 9 at 10:00 am. Tickets are $31.50 and can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com, by calling 800.745.3000, or visiting Sixth & I Monday - Friday between Noon ? 3:00 pm ($1.00 fee per ticket for Sixth & I Box Office purchases). On the night of the event, will-call and ticket sales will end at 10:00 pm. No one will be permitted to enter the event after that time. All seating is general admission. Doors open at 7:00 pm. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #25588 on: March 06, 2012, 06:05:02 pm »
Black Dice
5/24
U ST. Music Hall
Best venue in the area for them to play, easily. If this is your doing, thanks Seth/IMP!

Hopefully this upcoming album will not suck like their last two.
Promising.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:13:25 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #25589 on: March 06, 2012, 06:28:01 pm »
Best Coast and Those Darlins 7/14

One of those shows where the order needs to be switched.
احمد