Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370158 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2340 on: August 06, 2009, 04:13:18 pm »
which reminds me, have i brought up my spencer pratt theory of football watching?

I'm all ears...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2341 on: August 06, 2009, 04:26:26 pm »
£140k??? jesus christ

anyway, with the toon down and maybe on tv only once or twice a month, i have to fill the void somehow. i actually watch 2-3 matches every weekend if i'm home (which i usually am), so i was left with a choice. do i 1) watch serie a where i kind of support roma (ugh) 2) try la liga and pick a team (meh) 3) follow another prem side

following another prem side is a dicey proposition. if the toon come back, i'd have to go back to hating whoever i follow this year. that lead me to the 'spencer pratt' theory. just root for the biggest bag of cunts in the league. i guess that would either be chelsea or man city. shitty would be more fun to watch, though. once the toon come back up i just say 'god spencer being mean to heidi's mom is the LAST STRAW' and go back to newcastle. if not, i continue to laugh while they disrupt the workings of bigger clubs

no one is going to understand all of the hills stuff but smackie, but whatever

o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2342 on: August 06, 2009, 08:20:24 pm »
Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was going to put my tuppence worth in but smackie pretty much said everything...factually...unlike the Tevez loving 'lets make shit up as I go along' hutch. I will say I was never against him because he's an argie, but because of the way he's conducted himself, even waving goodbye to the OT faithfull before negotiations were over. I was never in love with Ronaldo either, a great player but never a United player really. No George Best that's for sure.

And shoeshine, I never slagged off Mikey, I only slagged you off for calling him Mike. I said he's extremely injury prone and Toon were idiots for spending that much money on him. I think United paid NOTHING for him and he's on a mainly performance based compensation package if I'm not mistaken.

I guess you missed my sarcasm with my 'hand of God' comment.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2343 on: August 06, 2009, 10:29:36 pm »
oh come on, you slagged him off a bit
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  what? newcastle has given up two goals in the past month

newcastle has been my team since 1997, but i have not had regular access to matches until the past few years

pisstaking aside, this summer is going to be big for roy. he really needs to improve that squad, and he might have to go beyond ireland, manusa castoffs and celtic alsorans
I agree...what's up with that with Keano? I'm just grateful Fergie isn't as narrow minded as Keano... Wenger (french) and Benitez (spanish). Imagine where United would be if he only used jocks and Aberdeen also-rans!!!   :eek:  

As for toon, permaboy needs to stop obsessing about Mikey Owen, who should be following the footsteps of Becks and enjoying the twilight of his career in the MLS. He's  making the mistake of building a team around an almost hasbeen. Owen has one more season at the top level left in him in my opnion
but you were right there, and are right that we were idiots to pay that much for him, and that its a good idea for united

the reasons i dislike him so much will have no bearing on what he does for you guys
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2344 on: August 07, 2009, 07:20:39 pm »
Lastly, and this one's for you, my friend Barcelona...A good friend and drinking buddy of mine is head of Parks here in SF.  He called me this morning to invite me to Barca's practice tomorrow here in SF. 

It's twice as funny because I'm such the gadget guy, but truth is smackette is the photographer in the house so I kind of ignore the digital camera stuff, but I spent the morning with Barcelona's squad and was in relatively good position to see them as evidenced by the picture below, but in the end I had my camera set to black and white so all 36 pictures are B&W!!!!!

27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2345 on: August 08, 2009, 05:43:23 pm »
oh come on, you slagged him off a bit
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  what? newcastle has given up two goals in the past month

newcastle has been my team since 1997, but i have not had regular access to matches until the past few years

pisstaking aside, this summer is going to be big for roy. he really needs to improve that squad, and he might have to go beyond ireland, manusa castoffs and celtic alsorans
I agree...what's up with that with Keano? I'm just grateful Fergie isn't as narrow minded as Keano... Wenger (french) and Benitez (spanish). Imagine where United would be if he only used jocks and Aberdeen also-rans!!!   :eek:  

As for toon, permaboy needs to stop obsessing about Mikey Owen, who should be following the footsteps of Becks and enjoying the twilight of his career in the MLS. He's  making the mistake of building a team around an almost hasbeen. Owen has one more season at the top level left in him in my opnion
but you were right there, and are right that we were idiots to pay that much for him, and that its a good idea for united

the reasons i dislike him so much will have no bearing on what he does for you guys

I don't think thats slagging him, off it's just my opinion......in fact, that statement of mine is rather prophetic. he prorbably does have 1 more season at the top level, he hardly played at all last season so didn't count....and Toon "top level"??????

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2346 on: August 09, 2009, 06:39:36 pm »
man do i feel bad for harper

not sure what to take away from the match. thats got to be one of the hardest fixtures of the season, and toon got a point without playing well. who knows how many of those guys will be around next month
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2347 on: August 09, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »
Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was going to put my tuppence worth in but smackie pretty much said everything...factually...unlike the Tevez loving 'lets make shit up as I go along' hutch. I will say I was never against him because he's an argie, but because of the way he's conducted himself, even waving goodbye to the OT faithfull before negotiations were over. I was never in love with Ronaldo either, a great player but never a United player really. No George Best that's for sure.

And shoeshine, I never slagged off Mikey, I only slagged you off for calling him Mike. I said he's extremely injury prone and Toon were idiots for spending that much money on him. I think United paid NOTHING for him and he's on a mainly performance based compensation package if I'm not mistaken.

I guess you missed my sarcasm with my 'hand of God' comment.

Yeah well you could have used him today to make a penalty kick thats for sure..

vansmack

« Reply #2348 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »
Yeah well you could have used him today to make a penalty kick thats for sure..

Thank you for reminding me.  The Community Shield.....another competition Carlos Tevez will likely never play in again.

As for the game - the first half United looked great.  The second half much less fluid and Ballack's a cunt, but we've always known this.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2349 on: August 10, 2009, 01:07:42 pm »
gone from bickering about carlos tevez to the community shield. by next week we'll be on league 2
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2350 on: August 10, 2009, 01:29:13 pm »
gone from bickering about carlos tevez to the community shield. by next week we'll be on league 2

Didn't we skip the Coca-Cola league?

Anyhow, you're right - if the Toon can keep their players, they should fair well this season.  If not....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2351 on: August 10, 2009, 01:38:12 pm »

Didn't we skip the Coca-Cola league?

figure we'd be done there tomorrow

lots of rumors flying today. i cant see the toon holding on to jonas or colo. neither of whom looked very good this weekend. colo was shocking in fact
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2352 on: August 10, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »
lots of rumors flying today. i cant see the toon holding on to jonas or colo. neither of whom looked very good this weekend. colo was shocking in fact

I knew it was a bad sign when I heard Jonas was willing to go to Greece...but that does mean European Football for him since they drew FC Sherriff (I had to look that one up...Moldova).  And agreed, Colo was horrendous.

It looks like FSC coverage of the Champions league will start with Celtic-Arsenal.  That's exciting.

And Jozy got his work permit so we may get to see him on Saturday, but I doubt it.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2353 on: August 10, 2009, 01:55:08 pm »
It's quite embarrassing that no US based carrier is going to show a World Cup qualifier against Mexico on it's network....

Nonetheless, NBC Universal has agreed to make the Spanish channel available to the US audience on Wednesday, if your TV provider carries it (hope you have satellite TV):

WORLD CUP QUALIFIER

Wednesday August 12

3:00PM Mexico vs. United States (Mun2 - DirectTV Channel 410 and Dish Network Channel 838)

Mun2 will have an English option (though you get Marcelo Balboa, so you may opt for the Spanish feed on Telemundo)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:57:23 pm by vansmack »
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2354 on: August 10, 2009, 01:57:46 pm »

I knew it was a bad sign when I heard Jonas was willing to go to Greece...but that does mean European Football for him since they drew FC Sherriff (I had to look that one up...Moldova).  And agreed, Colo was horrendous.

It looks like FSC coverage of the Champions league will start with Celtic-Arsenal.  That's exciting.

And Jozy got his work permit so we may get to see him on Saturday, but I doubt it.
moldovia has a league? no way

i think what jonas really cares about at this point is sticking in the national team side. he does a lot of things well, he just cant deliver the final ball worth a damn. playing it the cl will at least get him exposure, even if its greek

i might disagree on jozy. i bet he comes on for the last 20 at least. phil brown was desperate to make a name signing, and jozy is it
o/\o