Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370134 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3360 on: April 25, 2011, 11:56:17 am »
Meanwhile at the other end......and then there were two.....

vansmack

« Reply #3361 on: April 25, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »
Why? Not that I have anything against them, just interested in your affection for them.

Back in the 90's I saw QPR host Nottingham Forest and have always held a special place for both of them. 

I also so Millwall host Wolves on that trip and have similar sentiment for Wolves, less so for Millwall as time has gone on...
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3362 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:46 am »
Ha!!! I have a warm and fuzzy place for West Ham because I had their kit when I was about 5 years old...I loved the claret with blue sleeves evidently, and Wolves because they played in my favourite color...orange. I don't like them anymore though because their manager is a douche of the highest order. Then of course Oldham Athletic because I used to go to their games as a kid when it was too dangerous to go to OT in the bad old days of hooliganism. Plus Oldham also played in tangerine, which was a very cool kit back in the day...  http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=7811047

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3363 on: April 26, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »
yeah wolves play awful football. karl henry is one of my most hated players in the league
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #3364 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:33 pm »
I have made no secret about my man crush for Wesley Sneijder.  I would love to see him at OT. 

Please, please, please make this happen....

Wesley Sneijder is a £25 million transfer target for Manchester United

Every year I feel the need to bring this up:

Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder insists he is happy to stay at the San Siro despite being flattered to be linked with a "beautiful club" like Manchester United.

Van Der Vaart had some nice things to say about Manchester in that article too...I'm just guessing he doesn't live any where near WHL.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3365 on: April 26, 2011, 01:16:36 pm »
I have made no secret about my man crush for Wesley Sneijder.  I would love to see him at OT. 

Please, please, please make this happen....

Wesley Sneijder is a £25 million transfer target for Manchester United

Every year I feel the need to bring this up:

Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder insists he is happy to stay at the San Siro despite being flattered to be linked with a "beautiful club" like Manchester United.

Van Der Vaart had some nice things to say about Manchester in that article too...I'm just guessing he doesn't live any where near WHL.

Van Der fart obviously doesn't know about the trains and busses that make their way from London to Manc every Friday for the club scene there!!!!!

My gut is the Sneijder deal is already done at OT, or close to it.....

vansmack

« Reply #3366 on: April 26, 2011, 01:30:30 pm »
My gut is the Sneijder deal is already done at OT, or close to it.....

I hope you're right on this one. 

And wrong on Rooney, but I fear you're right there too.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3367 on: April 26, 2011, 02:42:01 pm »
i would be shocked if man u doesnt buy at least one big name midfielder in the summer

heard a rumor from a so/so source that saf is trying to move berbatov tyneside
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3368 on: April 26, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »
I heard Spurs want him back........I'm still on the fence with him. Some of the stuff he does is just sublime, but his head seems to be in the game on and off. I think the bloke has ADD or something.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3369 on: April 26, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »
Well....that should be two tickets to Wembley. .....unless we have a disaster next week.

:)

vansmack

« Reply #3370 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »
Well....that should be two tickets to Wembley. .....unless we have a disaster next week.

The second goal today sure allows us some flexibility ahead of the match at The Emirates and then Chelski at OT, that's for sure.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3371 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:25 pm »

The second goal today sure allows us some flexibility ahead of the match at The Emirates and then Chelski at OT, that's for sure.

Now Arse have choked (again) they can play a large part of being spoiler. If they beat us it gives Chelski some help but do Arse really want their London rivals to win the title again? If we beat Arse we can afford to lose to Chelski.

I'm not saying they would throw the game either way, but incentive is going to play a large role in how Arse perform I think.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:43:07 pm by Frank Gallagher »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3372 on: April 27, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »
Favorite comment from the beeb....

Oh you have to give that at least a 5.8. Possibly a 5.9. There's contact - just - on Pepe by Javier Mascherano, but the Real defender makes the most of it and throws himself spectacularly through the air at an impressive height, pulling off a triple-pike-with-half-twist for good measure, before returning to earth with a quadruple roll. It does it's job, too, as Mascherano is booked. Theatrics.

Barcelona

« Reply #3373 on: April 27, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »
Mourinho is killing football. He needs to stop coaching, had never seen someone with so much hatred, he is passing it to his players. this needs to stop.

vansmack

« Reply #3374 on: April 27, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
Mourinho is killing football. He needs to stop coaching, had never seen someone with so much hatred, he is passing it to his players. this needs to stop.

I know.  I've never seen such hatred either....
27>34