Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370168 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:00 am »
You're missing one thing...they're playing Manchester United, and every team wants to beat Manchester United more than any other team in the world so Barca will raise their game I guarantee you. It will be close.

I'm sure the other semi will be two drab games from two boring but effective teams. I'm sure their game plan is to put the other team to sleep.

vansmack

« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
  soooooooooooooooooo was Wes Browns take down a penalty?

Hargreaves was definatley man of the match and Park a close second.
Absolutely not a penalty.  

And yes, Hargreaves was awesome.  I hear he's having trouble with Fergie.  He was out earlier in the season with the injury, but since then he's been late to a meeting or two and is having trouble with Fergie over it.  When he gets in though, that's what you get.  He could be the fastest guy on the squad.

Overlooked with Neville's return was Sylvestre's play.  Between Pique, Neville, and Slyvestre I'm feeling better about the loss of Vidic, which comes to an end ahead of the match with Chelsea.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »
I agree about Silvo....Pique will be a superb player when he gets his confidence up. I get the impression he's a little starstruck when he plays with the 'big boys' He's much better than he thinks he is.

As for Vidic, my only concern with him coming back from injury just in time for chelskzzzzzzzzz is he's such a tough player that if his timing is off he's likely to give away a penalty, and chelskzzzzzzzzz always go for the pk with Didier "OOOOOOOHHHHH I"VE JUST BEEN SHOT IN THE BACK" Drogba.

I think if Hargreaves was in the shit with Fergie he'd be gettint shopped by now. You know Fergie doesn't take any nonesense....Becks, RVN, Staam to name just three who can attest to that.

vansmack

« Reply #1203 on: April 14, 2008, 06:37:00 pm »
I think Hargreaves is out of the dog house now.  He's been the best player on the pitch for three straight matches.

I have no idea how United weren't down 4-0 at halftime to Arsenal - that's as bad as I've seen them this season.  But the second half was a completely different story.  What a difference Tevez and Anderson made compared to Scholes and Park.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1204 on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »
WI'I'I'I'GUN....WI'I'I'I'I'GUN....WI'I'I'I'I'GUN!!!!

:D  

Good old Brucie did us a great favour tonight...you can take the player out of United but you'll never take the United out of the player

And for the record...Arse's goal was another hand of God. Yes it was a penalty, a handball is a handball wether intentional or not. The ref acknowledged it was not intentional by keeping his cards in his pocket, but it's still a penalty regardless. And the set piece that gave United the second goal was simply a stroke of genius.

Oh yes, Lehman is a wanker.

vansmack

« Reply #1205 on: April 14, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »
The look on Grant's face was priceless.

Now with a Thursday trip to Goodison - this is great.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1206 on: April 14, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »
I can see chelkzzzzz losing on Thursday, Everton are a very difficult team to play. Moyes is one of the best managers in the premiership achieving what he has with what he's got. He's like a younger version of 'Arry Rednap. They can put a bunch of misfits together and make a formidable team out of them. 'Arry has made a career of it. (Did I hear Mankie say he should've been England manager if they wanted an Englishman?)   ;)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1207 on: April 15, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
cant see the toffees having a chance without arteta and cahill
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1208 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
LADS!!! Let's keep this one on the front page!!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1209 on: April 17, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
especially nearly on the eve of DERBY DAY
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1210 on: April 18, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  especially nearly on the eve of DERBY DAY
No offense but tomorrow I'm a mackam because Keano is God and Keego is a wanker.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1211 on: April 18, 2008, 11:19:00 am »
enjoy your tears   :D
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1212 on: April 18, 2008, 11:49:00 am »
  enjoy your tears    :D  
Newcastle United have changed their name from "The Magpies" to "The Dogs" because that's the only way they'll be able to hold on to a lead!!!   :D  

How long have you been a toon fan?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1213 on: April 18, 2008, 11:58:00 am »
what? newcastle has given up two goals in the past month

newcastle has been my team since 1997, but i have not had regular access to matches until the past few years

pisstaking aside, this summer is going to be big for roy. he really needs to improve that squad, and he might have to go beyond ireland, manusa castoffs and celtic alsorans
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1214 on: April 18, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
  what? newcastle has given up two goals in the past month

newcastle has been my team since 1997, but i have not had regular access to matches until the past few years

pisstaking aside, this summer is going to be big for roy. he really needs to improve that squad, and he might have to go beyond ireland, manusa castoffs and celtic alsorans
I agree...what's up with that with Keano? I'm just grateful Fergie isn't as narrow minded as Keano... Wenger (french) and Benitez (spanish). Imagine where United would be if he only used jocks and Aberdeen also-rans!!!   :eek:  

As for toon, permaboy needs to stop obsessing about Mikey Owen, who should be following the footsteps of Becks and enjoying the twilight of his career in the MLS. He's  making the mistake of building a team around an almost hasbeen. Owen has one more season at the top level left in him in my opnion