Author Topic: Jandek to play first US shows  (Read 1438 times)

palahniukkubrick

Jandek to play first US shows
« on: July 28, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »

snailhook

Re: Jandek to play first US shows
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 07:35:00 pm »
i heard about this yesterday and flipped out...i'd go to the new york show but i'll still be in LA after the arthur fest.

i doubt he'll be looking for any more gigs, but i'll  keep an eye out.

shoot ur shot

Re: Jandek to play first US shows
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 08:25:00 am »
I think this is totally the right move for him to be making at this point in his career. I was initially turned off after hearing word of the new documentary film and upcoming performances because I knew he was no longer going to maintain the total mystic shaman vibe and mysterious wonder that surrounded his entire career but what I've noticed happening is that over the years there has been more attention and thought given to his aura and ruminating over whatever his politics may be, when his actual recordings are his true statement. Not knowing a lot about a band/musician is perfect for the highly imaginative record collector and better fodder for rock journalists to paint their own picture, but I guess Jandek just got sick of being considered nothing more than some backwoods outsider art project...good for him. I want to go to the new york performance more than you know and on the same night across town is Merzbow with some other amazing bands at the knitting factory. Alas its on a tuesday night and i'll probably just wind up staying in va that night doing nothing.