Author Topic: 2011 NHL Playoffs  (Read 27366 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »
I was feeling fairly agnostic about the Caps opponent in round 2.  Each potential opponent presented it's own set of potential demons or pitfalls.  From a ratings or intrigue standpoint the bolts were the worst potential outcome, but I think it is prob the matchup that will produce the most entertaining hockey.  I don't really care what path the caps take on a cup run.  Naysayers will always naysay...if we faced the Pens and won the line would be we didn't face a team at full strength, if we don't people will say we didn't have to go through them.....i don't really care.  In my mind there is no way to delegitimize any stanly cup champ after the grind that is the playoffs.

I didn't see the entire game last night, but wow, that 3rd period and overtime between habs/bruins was good good stuff.

On to round two.

PS - Tampa's offensive firepower scares me
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:31:03 pm by chaz »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:30 pm »
if i'm a caps fan i'd have been rooting hard for the pens last night. tampa are a good team, the pens are a good team except they have no one that can shoot

funny to see people try to make the rangers out to be the toughest team the caps will play in the east. tb and philly both have the forwards to get to neuvy
Naw, I'm just stating what I heard and saw. I wasn't afraid of the Rangers, it was more the talking heads throughout the year that said they stifled us all year. I'm not selling Tampa short either, they have an insane amount of offense there is no doubt about that. But they're still a very young team. Should be a fun series without a doubt.

I think if we make it to the conference championship, that would be our toughest match. Bruins or Flyers, both very good teams. Very gritty, very physical teams. But, that talk is for later. I'm excited to get this series underway! And very excited to see the Flyers and Bruins duke it out. 4 solid teams in the East remain. The west... something.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 02:20:55 pm »
Have the Flyers found a goaltender? Or are they still playing spin the bottle?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »
yeah same as last year
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:54 pm »
Didn't Boucher play their last 2 games with Bobrovsky as back up? Either way, I guess Boucher's reached his limit for consecutive games started.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »
Have the Flyers found a goaltender? Or are they still playing spin the bottle?

whoever is chosen by the bottle has to make out with chris pronger. 
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:30 pm »
Looks like Boucher from here on out. He's been playing well. Helps to get a four goal boost in Game 7s.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:24 pm »
for those who care (and can afford it) - tickets for games 1 and 2 went on sale not too long ago.  singles still left for both games.  not great seats, but at least they're available for face.  i got in early and scored third row off the ice ;D

correction: pairs still available for tomorrow's game 1.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:34:25 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 09:34:54 am »
Tampa's in for a long effing week. They played Tues/Wed now Fri and Sun then Tue/Wed

6 games in 8 days. Rough!
‼‼?‼‼

godsshoeshine

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:53 am »
they played monday and wednesday in the last round. should be interesting sometimes the long layoffs can help, sometimes they hurt
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 10:48:04 am »
Oh crap, right I was thinking of the Canadiens/Bruins

Getting very gitty. Giddy.....
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »
For those watching the caps game: in the end where the bolts shoot twice, third row behind the faceoff circle (second 120), on the aisle, is a dude in a red t-shirt with bright yellow long sleeves. that may or may not be yours truly. TBD.
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:46 am »
SHIT!!! Here we go again for Caps fans....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 09:36:25 am »
I'm not panicking. We outplayed them for 2 games now and they got 2 shitty bounces off of us. I hate when they get behind our net and we can't get them out. Argh. Very frustrating first 2 games. I think Boudreau has seen enough to make a solid game plan. When he called that timeout under 2 minutes he knew exactly what we had to do with the extra man and within seconds Ovi ties the game up. Their PK is stifling. I think we can break it, our offense is just too potent, but it's still frustrating. They've scored in each game on their power plays and gotten lucky bounces off of us, we've been slamming them and peppering Roloson with shots. I don't think they're deflated, I think we can still pull this out. Tuesday will be a huge game.
‼‼?‼‼

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 10:57:06 am »
Thanks for that...it makes me feel better. I don't have whatever obscure cable channel they're putting the games on. And the local papers down here is basically YANKEES SPORT REPORT, even though we have the Marlins, not to mention the Heat if netball is your thing.

This was this mornings sport report on the local AM radio news channel.

The Yankess take the series over the Blue Jays. Smedruck Von Smedrick pitched 7 innings before being relieved by Herbie Schnurgleburger..blah blah blah. They now take their 14 and 4 (or whatever) record to some city for a 3 game series with blah blah blah. The Yankees remain top of their yada yada yada..... The Heat beat the Celtics 99-90. Oh, the Marlins were in Cincinnati.

I live in south FL but you would never know it eh? No wonder they call it the 6th burough.