Author Topic: Official 930 Club Phil Collins Thread- Take Me Home  (Read 10933 times)

hutch

Re: Official 930 Club Phil Collins Thread- Take Me Home
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 02:10:05 pm »
huh? link at top walkie...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »
see . . . I told you, I lost my mind, and its not back 100%.  but, i was able to add, the howard stern part.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »
stop, looking at me, like that.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 08:21:37 am »
I was listening to the Mama 12" single yesterday.. man what a spectacular song....the best part is Phil's crazy spooky vocal when he goes

A HA HA HOWWWWWWW

Space Freely

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:39 am »
I was listening to the Mama 12" single yesterday.. man what a spectacular song....the best part is Phil's crazy spooky vocal when he goes

A HA HA HOWWWWWWW

sounds like the perfect halloween music to scare the family

hutch

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 09:30:16 am »

A HA HA HOWWWWWWW

sounds like the perfect halloween music to scare the family

man that is so funny you say that cause i had the same thought.. the thing is this year i bought a special halloween music cd i'm going to play.. .it has such hits like monster mash, ghostbusters.. i also play thriller every year over and over again...

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 09:37:12 am »
Not to derail this very important thread, but we used to listen to this album all the time at Halloween.

Dead Man's Bones is a rock duo consisting of actor Ryan Gosling and his friend Zach Shields. Their first album, Dead Man's Bones, was released on 6 October 2009 through ANTI- Records. The entire album is a collaboration with the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir ?started by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea? from Los Angeles, California. Gosling performs under the alias "Baby Goose".

When Shields and Gosling met in 2005 they discovered a mutual obsession with the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland and decided to write love stories about ghosts and monsters. The pair chose to play all the instruments on the record, even those they had never touched before. They also imposed rules on themselves during the recording process, such as not playing with a click track, and trying to do no more than three takes on any song, letting any imperfections highlight the strengths of the music.

hutch

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2016, 09:49:51 am »
of course Phil's "in the air tonight" is also kind of spooky.. could probably make an entire album of spooky songs with Phil singing.....

the weird thing is if Phil came to the US and concensus was he was sounding decent I might go check him out...

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »
Today is Phil Collins weather...no jacket required.

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 10:09:40 pm »
^well played
slack

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 07:50:37 am »
Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it.

hutch

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »
ok so who has ordered the autobiography.. its out/. mine is on the way...

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:44 am »
just read this inter,esting article about phil Collins, the song, against all odds, and the academy awards performance of it, not by him.

poor, guy.
was curious about the AA thing and found an article about it at the time
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/phil-collins-beats-the-odds-19850523

long article, but some pretty interesting stuff, makes me think might be an interesting biography

he played uncredited on all things must pass as a 19 year old prior to joining Genesis
Harrison acknowledged Collins's contribution in the remastered edition released in 2000

this made me chuckle:one of his favorite stories is about how former Clash drummer Topper Headon came to see him after a concert, looked to make sure no one was around, shook his hand and said, "Phil Collins, man, I'm a great fan of yours."

also He was an extra in the the Beatles' film A Hard Day's Night and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 09:05:01 am »

this made me chuckle:one of his favorite stories is about how former Clash drummer Topper Headon came to see him after a concert, looked to make sure no one was around, shook his hand and said, "Phil Collins, man, I'm a great fan of yours."

And then Phil replied, "I see little Topper is a Genesis fan."