Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241423 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6390 on: February 19, 2016, 04:14:33 pm »
no, I live in the national forest / mountains of the Shenandoah valley, near a town called Woodstock. 

you couldn't pay me to live close to northern Virginia.  I went to George mason, and that was fucking enough.

gotcha... looks nice. That's a long haul for beer!

walk,on,by

« Reply #6391 on: February 19, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »
there is a wonderful beer store, in my area, in a "city" called Winchester.  I know, I know, city is a laughable term for Winchester, but hey, we take what we can out here.  They have a killer selection on tap for growler refills and their bottle selection destroys anything else out here.  plus, they just got hopslam in cans today.  it is about 30 minutes from my house.  I love it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6392 on: February 19, 2016, 04:18:20 pm »
I guess Stone Brewery in Richmond had their soft-opening of their new facilities this afternoon. . .
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6393 on: February 19, 2016, 04:33:33 pm »
Thats pretty country over there.  I've had occasion to visit orkney springs and breathe clean air.  I was only really bothered by all the confederate flags and gun racks.

Space Freely

« Reply #6394 on: February 19, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »
I guess Stone Brewery in Richmond had their soft-opening of their new facilities this afternoon. . .

Looks like the brewery itself won't be brewing beer until June/July, and the brewpub won't open for another couple years...

Any word on the street when the Veil will open?

I also saw that the Answer is expanding...great...we'll have even more space to ourselves the next time we're there. Been there twice, huge space, amazing beer (theirs and others), but completely empty both times.

Space Freely

« Reply #6395 on: February 19, 2016, 04:38:16 pm »
Thats pretty country over there.  I've had occasion to visit orkney springs and breathe clean air.  I was only really bothered by all the confederate flags and gun racks.

Are you black? Did someone try to shoot out your tires? You sound like an ignorant moron.

That's like someone saying they went to DC and were bothered by all the rainbow flags and black people wearing baggy pants (that might be concealing a weapon).

walk,on,by

« Reply #6396 on: February 19, 2016, 04:40:27 pm »
uhmm, there are a lot of gun racks and confederate flags out here.  the county I live in is the most racist / homophobic area around here.  the delegate of my county, todd gilbert, introduced the new Virginia "Kim Davis" bill.

hutch

« Reply #6397 on: February 19, 2016, 04:42:35 pm »
thank you walkie for your honesty yeah your honesty.. some people like to believe in the power of music..but endless crompromises shatter the illusion of integrity..YEAH.

Space Freely

« Reply #6398 on: February 19, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »
uhmm, there are a lot of gun racks and confederate flags out here.  the county I live in is the most racist / homophobic area around here.  the delegate of my county, todd gilbert, introduced the new Virginia "Kim Davis" bill.

Was there a Virginia county by county analysis done on racism and homophobia levels? Post the link, I'd love to read that one.

walk,on,by

« Reply #6399 on: February 19, 2016, 04:51:45 pm »
You're so, delightful.

« Reply #6400 on: February 19, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »
You're so, delightful.
I know space ....it's Friday please just post a photo of a cat and give it a rest
slack

Yada

« Reply #6401 on: February 19, 2016, 04:56:49 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6402 on: February 19, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

Looks like the brewery itself won't be brewing beer until June/July, and the brewpub won't open for another couple years...

Any word on the street when the Veil will open?

I also saw that the Answer is expanding...great...we'll have even more space to ourselves the next time we're there. Been there twice, huge space, amazing beer (theirs and others), but completely empty both times.
They're saying "brewed in RVA" beer by May, apparently. Yes, its just the tasting room that's open.

I can ask someone more in the know re: Veil.
LVMH

Bagley

« Reply #6403 on: February 19, 2016, 05:02:54 pm »
there is a wonderful beer store, in my area, in a "city" called Winchester.  I know, I know, city is a laughable term for Winchester, but hey, we take what we can out here.  They have a killer selection on tap for growler refills and their bottle selection destroys anything else out here.  plus, they just got hopslam in cans today.  it is about 30 minutes from my house.  I love it.

Haters, here ya go.....hypeslam or otherwise......give the Hopslam a try.  Just let it warm a bit.  Good stuff this year.  I think the cans made a difference.

Yada

« Reply #6404 on: February 19, 2016, 05:05:08 pm »

Haters, here ya go.....hypeslam or otherwise......give the Hopslam a try.  Just let it warm a bit.  Good stuff this year.  I think the cans made a difference.

I drank it over the weekend... in no way a bad beer and actually tasted a bit better than previous years, but the malty/booziness just doesn't hold a candle to the #juicebombs I enjoy now.