Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241419 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6990 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »
did i mention the case of Yuengling is up to 17.99 at BJs?

I saw they had a case of Miller Lite at Giant for $11.99 and I thought if you.

I also thought of the girl I dated right before I met my wife who was pretty hot though she shaved her pussy and I didn't like that...she drank Miller Lite. All in all, probably good that we didn't last.

I dont' really like Mille Lite.. i did go through a Miller High Life (champagne of beers!) phase a long time ago though...

oh and TMI

Bagley

« Reply #6991 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »
Rockville world o beer draft list---

http://www.bethesdamagazine.com/IMG_2425.jpg

meh

Yada

« Reply #6992 on: June 03, 2016, 04:42:47 pm »
did i mention the case of Yuengling is up to 17.99 at BJs?

I saw they had a case of Miller Lite at Giant for $11.99 and I thought if you.

I also thought of the girl I dated right before I met my wife who was pretty hot though she shaved her pussy and I didn't like that...she drank Miller Lite. All in all, probably good that we didn't last.

I dont' really like Mille Lite.. i did go through a Miller High Life (champagne of beers!) phase a long time ago though...

oh and TMI

dat jungle bush doh

« Reply #6993 on: June 04, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »
Tysons Bier garden opened this weekend
beer list is not too bad

picked up a tasty Stone Mixed 12 pack
Sublimely Self-righteous black ipa
citrusy wit
Ruination double IPA
IPA
bought it at freakin target! (said with a french accent) whilst getting packing tape
slack

hutch

« Reply #6994 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:20 pm »
beer is self-righteous and witty now?

fatskippy

« Reply #6995 on: June 06, 2016, 10:29:29 am »
Aslin Champion of the Sun IPA is incredibly delicious. The Astro Zombie IPA was quite good too. That brewery is crushing it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6996 on: June 06, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »
I was wondering the same about Mellow Mushroom, opening yesterday in Rockville.

MM strikes me as the Mickey-D's of craft beer: bright colors, all plastic, chintzy, very family friendly, loud.  i look forward to taking my little tykes there some day for 'za and a brew (for me), but doesn't strike me as a place that i would hang out at on my own or with buddies - unless maybe they had something amazing on tap, but MM never posts their draft list online which is a big minus for me. 

stuck my head in the Mellow Mushroom this afternoon... it's a step up from most pizza joints that only serve BMC, but nothing that would pull me in.  always having arrogant bastard on tap is nice, i guess.  i did have a better selection than Buffalo Wild Wings.

speaking of BWW, the MM has fenced off its outside tables in such a way that if you're in the central square, you have to walk all the way around to get to the front door... forcing you to walk in front of BWW to get there.  i'm not positive it's a good idea to be driving foot traffic to your competitors.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #6997 on: June 06, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »
Rockville... gross...one giant strip mall plus traffic..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6998 on: June 08, 2016, 10:15:01 am »
i'm packing my bags, ditching the family and am off to baltimore for homebrewcon.  stoked.

most, if not all, of the beer bars in b'more are doing special events this week.  check out this from Max's.  dunno if i'll be able to make it, too much to do and drink on site to bother paying for stuff that takes a taxi/uber to get to...

HomebrewCon 2017: minneapolis, june 15-17.  conference + prince pilgrimage?  hummm...
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #6999 on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:13 pm »
About 10 days overdue, but Savor continues to be hands down the best beer event I?ve ever attended (and I?ll argue that Savor is BETTER than the events leading up to it)!!!

Too many good beers to name, but my top ten in no particular order.   60% of the list are breweries I've never heard of (until leading up to Savor) and most likely would've never tasted had I not attended that event.

?   Barrel Aged Expedition Stout - Bells
?   Kriek - Two Roads Brewing
?   Savant Blanc - Perennial Artisan Ales
?   Ghost in the Machine - Parish Brewing
?   Friek - Odell Brewing Company
?   Ad Idem - Lost Abbey
?   Systema Natvræ - Devilwood & Apricot - D9 Brewing Company
?   Viking Fraoch -  D9 Brewing Company
?   One Off Banished Bretted Farmhouse ? Crux Fermentation Project (as good as any De Garde beer I?ve ever had)
?   Stavropol ? Confluence Brewing Company

Yada

« Reply #7000 on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »
  :)

walk,on,by

« Reply #7001 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:36 pm »
bought a six pack singles of the following beers.  they were good, in this order:

1.  avery brewing (the demons of ale)  Samael's oak aged ale

2.  Lagunitas   Aunt Sally  (name attracted me for personal reasons, and almost certain affected me in my opinion that it is awesome and I loved it.)

3.  Victory   Hop Ranch  (not incredible but decent for a bottle and for Victory.  not a keeper or prize memory)

4.  Flying Dog  (Single Hop Series)   Ella  Imperial IPA  (this is my go to brewery for easy to drink and cheaper than super snooty offerings.  I liked this and was a nice add to the arsenal.)

5.  Flying Dog  dead rise old bay summer ale  (not good.  never again.)

6.  Sierra Nevada  Hoptimum 2016   (love this beer.  always will.  the, end)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7002 on: June 15, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »
5.  Flying Dog  dead rise old bay summer ale  (not good.  never again.)

i quite like dead rise.  it goes really well with food.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7003 on: June 15, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »
We had a small growler of Ocelot Wicked Garden DIPA on Saturday. So amazingly good.

Then a crowler of Aslin Mind the Hops with Peach+Vanilla on Sunday. One of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life. Made in the county I live in.

Then a can of  two week old Cigar City Jai Alai on Monday. Mind you, this is a beer I've loved in the past but the two locals were so, so, so much better that there seemed to bee no point in drinking this beer.

walk,on,by

« Reply #7004 on: June 15, 2016, 06:05:26 pm »
I, also got stone enjoy by 07/04. Not, as good as 04/20, by a long shot.