Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 122580 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 11:13:34 am »
uh ok
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 11:42:12 am »
uh ok

Just try and let me understand why you think you have good taste in music.  I have never criticize anyone's taste in music until they criticize mine first.  But the bands you like no one else gives a shit about.  Look at your Detroit list.  Besides Iggy Pop they are unloved artists.  Yet for some reason you think you have good taste.  What makes you think that.  I liked the Lumineers and of Monster and Men before they were popular.  Then they got popular.  So more people agree with me than you. 

I would say about your Baltimore list I don't even know any of those bands.  And I have attended tons of shows in peoples studios and apartments so I think I know quite a few bands in the scene.  And they don't match any on Killsally's list who is an expert on the scene in Baltimore.  So I think you are quite the island.  Which I wouldn't care about but you have this I have better taste than you BS. 

Tell me where this comes from?  You don't like bands that are more musically talented or play more instruments or have better vocal range than the bands I like.  You certainly don't like more styles of music than I like.  Just give me a clue to where you are coming from?  Where do you get this superiority to me?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 11:52:45 am »
because i'm not ever going to get into it with you again, lets just say that we move in different circles and  be done with it.  and sadly some of my favorite baltimore band are defunct.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2013, 04:06:58 pm »
A friend on FB is looking for a delivery room playlist for the birth of her child. So far, the recommendations are:

Of Monsters and Men
Lumineers
Bon Iver
Mumford and Sons

;D ;D ;D ;D

James Ford

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2013, 04:12:28 pm »
Your friend has obviously never gone through childbirth before. If she had, she'd know the pain is way too great to want music playing.

;)

A friend on FB is looking for a delivery room playlist for the birth of her child. So far, the recommendations are:

Of Monsters and Men
Lumineers
Bon Iver
Mumford and Sons

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yada

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2013, 04:14:30 pm »
Your friend has obviously never gone through childbirth before. If she had, she'd know the pain is way too great to want music playing.

;)

Of Monsters and Men
Lumineers
Bon Iver
Mumford and Sons

;D ;D ;D ;D

It's actually her second child. Maybe if she hears these tunes during labor, she'll from then on associate Grapes of Wrath Banjo players with vaginal ripping?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2013, 05:18:17 pm »
you know, i went to thatguys facebook thingamabob just now . . . still just as good.  exploding moose was nice.

Yada

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »
you know, i went to thatguys facebook thingamabob just now . . . still just as good.  exploding moose was nice.

is your first name Bruce walky?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »
wouldnt that be interesting

atomicfront

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:01 pm »

Of Monsters and Men
Lumineers
Bon Iver
Mumford and Sons

;D ;D ;D ;D

Not a Bon Iver fan but I would suggest these instead:  Nazereth: "Hair of the Dog" and Bullet Boys "Smooth up in ya" and perhaps Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach"

atomicfront

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2013, 11:24:40 pm »
And Paul Anka's "Having my baby" would be a delightful addition to the mix.

hutch

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:10 am »
first son born to  Brian Eno's Music for Airports album.. second to Joao Gilberto's "White album"

both highly recommended. i would advice against playing individual tracks.... the last thing you want is to be distracted by songs.. you're more trying to establish a background mood and then focus on what you got to do

Yada

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »
atomicfront:

worst taste in beer: ✓
worst taste in comedians: ✓
worst taste in music: ✓
worst taste in movies: ✓

wml7

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2013, 01:47:28 pm »
atomicfront:

worst taste in beer: ✓
worst taste in comedians: ✓
worst taste in music: ✓
worst taste in movies: ✓

Mullet ✔
 ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2013, 01:55:18 pm »
not really atomicfront  (i dont know how to do a check mark)