Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 122586 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2013, 03:09:00 pm »
You're eating at all the wrong places.
http://youtu.be/g3CA14cZznY

atomicfront

« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »
I don't look at youtube links they are blocked.  Anyway I have been eating Warheads extreme sour candy all day and my tongue is starting to hurt really badly.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2013, 04:09:17 pm »
I don't look at youtube links they are blocked.  Anyway I have been eating Warheads extreme sour candy all day and my tongue is starting to hurt really badly.
Back in elementary school, one of the kids did a test to see which were the most acidic, the green ones came out ahead by a lot. Coincidentally, those were my favorites. I feel like they were stronger when I was a kid. They had the little meter on the side of the 10 pack bags too that had the second meter. If you could make it like 60 seconds without spitting it out you were a master kidsman or something. I feel like they toned them down over the years. PUSSIES.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2013, 04:16:14 pm »
mussels oysters clams scallops crabs lobsters shrimps

i will happily eat any and all.

For some reason I can't stand scallops.  Maybe it is because they aren't as fresh as the other choices. 
It does seem harder to get really good scallops than most seafood.  Stick to diver scallops...preferably in dishes that are on specials lists and not just regular menu items.  The logic being that they put them on as special because some nice fresh ones were available.

Yada

« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

For some reason I can't stand scallops.  Maybe it is because they aren't as fresh as the other choices. 
It does seem harder to get really good scallops than most seafood.  Stick to diver scallops...preferably in dishes that are on specials lists and not just regular menu items.  The logic being that they put them on as special because some nice fresh ones were available.

Because shitty restaurants aren't even serving you scallops, you're probably eating skate.

chaz

« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2013, 04:21:23 pm »

Because shitty restaurants aren't even serving you scallops, you're probably eating skate.
I'm well aware of this alleged practice, but I don't order scallops from shitty restaurants.

chaz

« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »
But honestly, I wonder if the scallop skatewing switcharoo is more urban myth than anything else.

Yada

« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »
But honestly, I wonder if the scallop skatewing switcharoo is more urban myth than anything else.

Read that wrong... but yeah, I have no clue if it's true but I know there are indeed many shitty scallops out there. I'd rather have a piece of fried crappie.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:37:38 pm by Yada »

atomicfront

« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2013, 04:40:27 pm »
This reminds of the time I was in Madrid and I had paella with every sea creature known to man in it and almost all of them still had their heads on them and a few tenacles thrown in for good measure.  I think the reason that in Europe they leave the heads on is that you can tell the seafood is fresh if it intact eaiser than if you just have lump of flesh. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
god, or man alike . . . i love this thread.

atomicfront

« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2013, 04:56:44 pm »
List of majors by salary at start and 15 years.  Might explain why you are going to Vermont for Beer and I am going to Europe.  Your child and family studies degree did not pay off.

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2013/majors-that-pay-you-back

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »
i dropped out of college back in the day, and i only had about a year and a half left.  it was dumb i know, but i was young and wanted to have fun and work to make money.  now i have a great job and make good money.  so college does not always get you anywhere in life.

chaz

« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »
I didn't go to college, and it all turned out just fine for me.  Hope my kids go though.

James Ford

« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2013, 06:47:55 pm »
Not that going to Europe vs. Vermont  or a college education are any indicator of success, but I've been to Europe for pleasure nine times. And have a major in mathematics and two master's degrees.

And your tax dollars are paying for my family trip to Vermont.

wml7

« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »
Oooooooohhhhhhhhh, in your face.