Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 122575 times)

hutch

Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2013, 11:40:54 am »
When I was at Newport Music Festival this weekend one of the bands did a song for Treyvon Martin about how  Zimmerman was racist and stuff.  I found this highly ironic as the only black person I saw in the crowd or on stage all weekend was Cold Speck. 

As Father John Misty stated he doesn't even do Folk Music and he was only invited because he is white, has a beard, and plays an acoustic guitar for a couple of songs.

wait is this the same atomicfront that came down on me for suggesting IMP should have booked one african american act for a historically black venue?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:59 am »
"i dont do folk music, and i was only invited becuase of some crazy idea of mine . . . but i still came and got that paycheck."  oops, did he leave that part out?

atomicfront

« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:53 pm »
When I was at Newport Music Festival this weekend one of the bands did a song for Treyvon Martin about how  Zimmerman was racist and stuff.  I found this highly ironic as the only black person I saw in the crowd or on stage all weekend was Cold Speck. 

As Father John Misty stated he doesn't even do Folk Music and he was only invited because he is white, has a beard, and plays an acoustic guitar for a couple of songs.

wait is this the same atomicfront that came down on me for suggesting IMP should have booked one african american act for a historically black venue?

No I don't care whom they book.  I just found it strange that someone was lecturing about Florida and how you could only wear a hoody their if you were in the kkk and they were at festival of 25,000 people 99.9 percent were of western european decent.

James Ford

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2013, 01:57:25 pm »
Would you have preferred stage banter about what purchases they made at Whole Foods and how Vermont and Maine have the best craft breweries in New England? I thought folk music was about protest.

No I don't care whom they book.  I just found it strange that someone was lecturing about Florida and how you could only wear a hoody their if you were in the kkk and they were at festival of 25,000 people 99.9 percent were of western european decent.

atomicfront

« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »
Would you have preferred stage banter about what purchases they made at Whole Foods and how Vermont and Maine have the best craft breweries in New England? I thought folk music was about protest.

Yeah a protest song about the shit beer at the festival would have been appropiate.  Something about bringing back Magic Hat would be fine.

Yada

« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2013, 08:59:08 am »
atomicfront:

worst taste in beer: ✓
worst taste in comedians: ✓
worst taste in music: ✓
worst taste in movies: ✓
mullet: ✓
not really atomicfront (Julian): ✓
not really atomicfront (walky): ✓
poor reading comprehension: ✓
thinks Lena Dunham is the most attractive character on "Girls: ✓

atomicfront

« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:13 am »
atomicfront:

poor reading comprehension: ✓
thinks Lena Dunham is the most attractive character on "Girls: ✓

I thought you had me on ignore?

atomicfront

hutch

« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »
how is it going in europe???

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:27 am »
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2013, 09:20:33 am »
atomicfront:

douches up every single thread on the board: ✓
likes any band that dresses up in an old timey theme: ✓

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2013, 10:05:21 am »
how far you planning on stretching out, those check marks?

James Ford

« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2013, 10:08:37 am »
He likes bands in old timey outfuts? You mean like these guys?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:03 am »
im thinking more like this