Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 122580 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »
if i heard somebody yelling walkonby at a show . . . i would take them into the bathroom stalls.  oh, fuck, yeah.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2013, 04:29:45 pm »
Noted
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2013, 11:41:54 am »
Cell Phones piss me off.  They get worse and worse at what they really should be doing.  The sound quality for calls seems to be getting worse.  The battery life is certainly a magnitude of 10 worse.  Yet people keep celebrating the new phones.  The secondary uses are browsing the web, email, and texting.  I would say the last two have gotten worse.  I use to have a full keyboard on all my phones now I have to use the stupid screen and it is always putting the wrong message down so any text conversations of any length are not happening.  Same thing with sending emails.

Web Browsing overall is better so that is a plus except when you get get in crappy mobile sites and you can't get to the full site. Why do mobile sites exist?  They are always worse than the full site.

As for Apps I guess Rhapsody is an Ok app.  The rest are pretty worthless.  This is like when everyone had to get a faster computer because they always needed the latest version of windows which was a bigger memory hog than the previous one.  And all these people did was surf the web. 

killsaly

« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:49 am »
I tend to use the voice dictation on my iPhone to do longer texts/emails.  I agree, that on screen keyboard is pretty worthless.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2013, 11:53:15 am »
Cell Phones piss me off.  They get worse and worse at what they really should be doing.  The sound quality for calls seems to be getting worse.  The battery life is certainly a magnitude of 10 worse.  Yet people keep celebrating the new phones.  The secondary uses are browsing the web, email, and texting.  I would say the last two have gotten worse.  I use to have a full keyboard on all my phones now I have to use the stupid screen and it is always putting the wrong message down so any text conversations of any length are not happening.  Same thing with sending emails.

Web Browsing overall is better so that is a plus except when you get get in crappy mobile sites and you can't get to the full site. Why do mobile sites exist?  They are always worse than the full site.

As for Apps I guess Rhapsody is an Ok app.  The rest are pretty worthless.  This is like when everyone had to get a faster computer because they always needed the latest version of windows which was a bigger memory hog than the previous one.  And all these people did was surf the web. 

http://www.greatcall.com/lp/simple-cell-phones-for-seniors.aspx

atomic

« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:16 pm »

http://www.greatcall.com/lp/simple-cell-phones-for-seniors.aspx

I don't want that phone. I want a full keyboard.  I want a battery that lasts longer, I want a phone where  I can hear what the other person is saying.  When people call me at work on my cell I tell them to let me to call them back on my landline so I can hear what they are saying.  It is pretty hard to understand people who don't speak english well add in a crappy Samsung Galaxy and it is impossible.

Games on a phone?  How often does that come in handy?  When you are waiting  at the doctor's office? I can bring a tablet or a book instead.  My complaint is the  phones don't work well as phones.  If I want a camera I have plenty of great cameras.  If want to play games there are great consoles. If I want to read a book I have tablets.  If I want to tell the time i have a watch that is always accurate.

You aren't responding to the argument at all.

atomic

« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
I tend to use the voice dictation on my iPhone to do longer texts/emails.  I agree, that on screen keyboard is pretty worthless.

Yeah that seems to work better.  Unfortunately we have migrated to everyone in one room team now.  Funny that has worked so well for our team that the whole company is going to do it.  Watch for it to come your way soon.  As I don't want them to hear my highly inappropriate texts ...

killsaly

« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »
We made our office more team friendly as well. But, thankfully, we have a private room for phone calls and one on one meetings (in addition to the small and larger conference rooms). 

James Ford

« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2013, 01:18:58 pm »
I have a primitive cell phone that I don't know how to use beyond dialing it to make a call.

I'm also the technology person for my office.  :o

atomic

« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »
I have a primitive cell phone that I don't know how to use beyond dialing it to make a call.

Are you working on the healthcare.gov website?

wml7

« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »

His phone

;D

atomic

« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »
I was reading that Japan has been in a recession for about 20 years and their economy was shrinking every year.  So I figured that their population must be declining for this to happen.  And low and behold they are declining.  And I thought that are best growth in this country was during the baby boom era.  So it seems to me for an industrialized to grow significantly they need to increase their birth rate.  Especially among educated people.  But why does no one go out and state this?  You can have huge growth without rampant inflation if you have baby boom. Yet we are stuck on stupid stuff like keeping interest rates low and increasing government spending and now buying up government bonds by the government.

Silly stuff.  Obama should be on TV demanding everyone have at least 3 kids. Start some program if both parents have a college degree and they have four or more kids they get a medal presented them by the president.  Huge tax deductions for having a lot of kids and sending them to college.  Lets import people with college education.

I see people with only one kid and I think how selfish.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
i see people with kids . . . and i think selfish.  let your bloodlines die out, you cunts.

atomic

« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »
i see people with kids . . . and i think selfish.  let your bloodlines die out.

Who is going to support us when get old.  It is the fix for social security.  Those little kids might look ugly to us but they need diapers and baby food.  Every time one of them poops are eats it is helping the economy grow.

Yada