Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401144 times)

Space Freely

Starsky

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3871 on: January 10, 2022, 12:10:46 pm »
I don’t get it. She was outdoors having a drink.

Has anyone said there is anything wrong with that?

Republicans are weird about AOC….she’s like their new Hillary or Pelosi

Yada

« Reply #3872 on: January 10, 2022, 12:16:37 pm »

Absolutely, but we've been down this road before. MoCo Libs still wear masks outdoors.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3873 on: January 10, 2022, 12:22:41 pm »

Absolutely, but we've been down this road before. MoCo Libs still wear masks outdoors.

Speaking of which, MoCo Libraries are passing out 500K rapid tests, until supplies run out.

Yada

« Reply #3874 on: January 10, 2022, 12:26:48 pm »

Speaking of which, MoCo Libraries are passing out 500K rapid tests, until supplies run out.

Yeah... I considered grabbing some, but I'm also at the point where I'm done testing unless I'm falling over ill. We tested multiple times over the past month (even with potential) symptoms and everything has been negative.

Space Freely

« Reply #3875 on: January 10, 2022, 12:36:57 pm »

I read the linked article, and when I read "in a bar," I assumed they meant indoors. But maybe not, I don't know, I wasn't there.

The positive coronavirus test comes shortly after the congresswoman was seen without a mask in a Miami bar, according to video that circulated on social media.

Starsky

« Reply #3876 on: January 10, 2022, 12:38:19 pm »
There’s a picture and she is clearly outdoors.

Starsky

« Reply #3877 on: January 10, 2022, 12:41:48 pm »

I read the linked article, and when I read "in a bar," I assumed they meant indoors. But maybe not, I don't know, I wasn't there.

The positive coronavirus test comes shortly after the congresswoman was seen without a mask in a Miami bar, according to video that circulated on social media.

What do you mean? There is a picture of her enjoying a margarita outdoors. This is Miami Beach! And there is also video.

You really should pay attention to what you post. And saying I don’t know I wasn’t there when there is video and photography in the very article you link to seems disingenuous.

WTF dude get your shit together

Space Freely

« Reply #3878 on: January 10, 2022, 12:42:33 pm »

Yeah... I considered grabbing some, but I'm also at the point where I'm done testing unless I'm falling over ill. We tested multiple times over the past month (even with potential) symptoms and everything has been negative.

What are the expiration dates on those rapid tests? I mean, in general. I have no need for them now, but may when we travel abroad in July.

Knowing that the FDA and CDC were going to approve of boosters for my daughter's age range, I signed her up for a booster Friday afternoon. After takiing off work early and driving 20 minutes to a Giant, I was told their system wasn't ready and she couldn't have one.

So my wife found out about a Safeway that does walk-ins from 11-5, and took her there yesterday at 4:30. When she asked about it, she was told "Oh, that's only Tuesday through Saturday." She said they didn't look busy at all, but still wouldn't give her one.

So I'm signed up at the Government Center for attempt #3 tomorrow afternoon, after two days of possible exposure in school.

Yada

« Reply #3879 on: January 10, 2022, 12:46:14 pm »

What are the expiration dates on those rapid tests? I mean, in general. I have no need for them now, but may when we travel abroad in July.

You would assume they have a long shelf life, however, based on all of the other stupid things going on... maybe they expire in a week.

Also, if you're going abroad, you'll probably need more than a rapid test from a store, so I'd suggest saving your $$$.

Space Freely

« Reply #3880 on: January 10, 2022, 12:54:49 pm »

You would assume they have a long shelf life, however, based on all of the other stupid things going on... maybe they expire in a week.

Also, if you're going abroad, you'll probably need more than a rapid test from a store, so I'd suggest saving your $$$.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure they would be, but I have a few months to figure it out.

What sort of COVID-test is accepted, if a test needs to be done in Germany?
Both PCR tests and rapid antigen tests are accepted.

https://www.germany.info/us-en/covid-19/2321562

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3881 on: January 10, 2022, 01:09:10 pm »
I've had good lucking buying BinaxNOW tests by checking Walmart periodically, they go in and out of stock throughout the day. They are FSA-eligible, too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-COVID-19-Antigen-Self-Test-2-Count/142089281

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3882 on: January 10, 2022, 01:49:28 pm »

Thanks. I'm pretty sure they would be, but I have a few months to figure it out.

What sort of COVID-test is accepted, if a test needs to be done in Germany?
Both PCR tests and rapid antigen tests are accepted.

https://www.germany.info/us-en/covid-19/2321562

I listen to a podcast from Joe List, a comedian. He just went to Germany and had a bunch of issues with testing and use of his paper vax card, etc.  I would suggest checking in with the embassy/consulate in Germany with the latest when you are closer to going.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3883 on: January 10, 2022, 01:55:55 pm »
I would suggest checking in with the embassy/consulate in Germany with the latest when you are closer to going.

^ this, especially the "just shortly before you leave" part.  regulations and requirements will change a million times between now and july, no use worrying about it now. 
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3884 on: January 10, 2022, 02:29:15 pm »
I would suggest checking in with the embassy/consulate in Germany with the latest when you are closer to going.

^ this, especially the "just shortly before you leave" part.  regulations and requirements will change a million times between now and july, no use worrying about it now.

Thanks to you both for the advice. We're actually booked to fly to Germany, with plans to stay in Germany, Austria, and Italy travelling by car. When I booked everything I had a testing plan based on what it was at that time. Now it seems like things have gotten stricter and trickier. As well as the odds of actually testing positive going way up. But of course like you said, a million things could change. I'm tempted to just cancel it all (all refundable at this point) and book something else sticking with just North America.

At this point, I'm more afraid of the potential rules and regulations than I am of COVID itself.