Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1180142 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3900 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:49 pm »
I agree, kicking all Muslims out of the country would be ineffective and impractical. That's the answer I give to my wife every time she makes the suggestion, which is often.

At least the government is doing a good job (maybe) of keeping the worst ones out. Unlike certain European countries.

And to answer you second question, Alton Nolen.

But wanting to destroy people because they are not Muslim is acceptable?

Yet you (Hutch, not Julian) are the one calling for me to be banned from the board ostensibly because I think different than you. Nice.

I agree with James Ford. There is no place in America for someone who thinks differently than I do.

Fixed that for you.

There's no room around here for a bigoted prejudiced person spewing hatred....now git.

Differences of opinion are another thing... hating people because they are Muslim is something else entirely.

don't you think kicking them out of  "the land of the free" would perpetuate that idea, rather than solve the problem?

and when's the last time you saw a muslim in this country speaking to "destroy" anything?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3901 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:59 pm »
i'm bored with these random thoughts.... hint hint
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #3902 on: October 02, 2014, 10:16:50 pm »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:19:45 pm by James Ford »

ggw

« Reply #3903 on: October 02, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »
James Ford once beat up a mime. 

I'm just sayin'

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3904 on: October 03, 2014, 12:34:33 am »
Texas Says That Up to 100 Are at Risk of Ebola Exposure
Health officials in Texas said Thursday that they had reached out to as many as 100 people who may have had contact ? either directly or indirectly ? with a Liberian man sick with the Ebola virus while he was contagious.

Enterovirus 68 Respiratory Illness Is Linked to Four Deaths
At least four people have died after contracting a severe respiratory illness that has spread to more than 40 states, public health officials announced on Wednesday.  The deaths were the first to be linked to the nationwide outbreak of enterovirus 68, which has caused an influx of sick children ? some of them critically ill ? at hospitals around the country. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed 472 cases of the infection as of Wednesday, although experts said the true number of cases was likely to be many times that number.

Mosquito Virus That Walloped Caribbean Spreads in U.S.
A mosquito-borne virus that can cause debilitating joint pain lasting for years has spread to the continental U.S. after infecting hundreds of thousands of people in the Caribbean and Central America.

Have a nice day!!

we're all fucked!

We were all fucked on November 4, 2008.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #3905 on: October 03, 2014, 12:40:15 am »
Texas Says That Up to 100 Are at Risk of Ebola Exposure
Health officials in Texas said Thursday that they had reached out to as many as 100 people who may have had contact ? either directly or indirectly ? with a Liberian man sick with the Ebola virus while he was contagious.

Enterovirus 68 Respiratory Illness Is Linked to Four Deaths
At least four people have died after contracting a severe respiratory illness that has spread to more than 40 states, public health officials announced on Wednesday.  The deaths were the first to be linked to the nationwide outbreak of enterovirus 68, which has caused an influx of sick children ? some of them critically ill ? at hospitals around the country. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed 472 cases of the infection as of Wednesday, although experts said the true number of cases was likely to be many times that number.

Mosquito Virus That Walloped Caribbean Spreads in U.S.
A mosquito-borne virus that can cause debilitating joint pain lasting for years has spread to the continental U.S. after infecting hundreds of thousands of people in the Caribbean and Central America.

Have a nice day!!

we're all fucked!

and he's back..

huh? That's like my favorite day ever (other than my kids being born)..i made that happen

john "senile" mcain and sarah palin would have been GREAT... yeah, right...

its going to be so awesome when hillary wins...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3906 on: October 03, 2014, 09:16:09 am »
It should have happened in 2008. We'd have single-payer health care and 6 democrats on the Supreme Court.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #3907 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:59 am »
If you hope for a liberal woman in the White House, you're better off pushing for Elizabeth Warren.

James Ford

« Reply #3908 on: October 03, 2014, 09:45:35 am »
Are you saying that Elizabeth Warren has a better chance of getting elected than Hillary, or that Hillary isn't a liberal woman (and Elizabeth Warren is)?

If you hope for a liberal woman in the White House, you're better off pushing for Elizabeth Warren.

ggw

« Reply #3909 on: October 03, 2014, 09:58:58 am »
Are you saying that Elizabeth Warren has a better chance of getting elected than Hillary, or that Hillary isn't a liberal woman (and Elizabeth Warren is)?

I am saying I think she has a better chance than Hillary in a general election (less divisive; less baggage).  Of course, the GOP could nominate a real dog, in which case, either could win.

« Reply #3910 on: October 03, 2014, 10:11:01 am »
Who would be a "non-Dog" the Republicans could nominate? The GOP base is middle-aged white men and elderly white men at this point. A lot is going to be made of the GOP winning house and Senate seats in the mid-terms, but raw numbers will show that's only because of gerrymandering and more people will vote for the Democrats nationally overall yet again. Who are the Republicans going to run that can survive the Republican primaries and have a chance in hell at not alienating 55% of voters in the general election?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #3911 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:36 am »
Oprah

Who would be a "non-Dog" the Republicans could nominate? The GOP base is middle-aged white men and elderly white men at this point. A lot is going to be made of the GOP winning house and Senate seats in the mid-terms, but raw numbers will show that's only because of gerrymandering and more people will vote for the Democrats nationally overall yet again. Who are the Republicans going to run that can survive the Republican primaries and have a chance in hell at not alienating 55% of voters in the general election?

« Reply #3912 on: October 03, 2014, 10:26:11 am »

we're all fucked!

and he's back..
john "senile" mcain and sarah palin would have been GREAT... yeah, right...

oh man, that would have been a disaster (mcduck & Falin)
I'm kinda hoping that some other contenders come up in the democratic primaries
I like hill, I don't love hill
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:27:46 am by Sidehatch »
slack

« Reply #3913 on: October 03, 2014, 10:26:46 am »
here here...I'd vote for her in a heartbeat
slack

« Reply #3914 on: October 03, 2014, 10:49:43 am »
Oprah

Oprah is a Republican? This is news to me.
LVMH