Author Topic: System of a Down at 930??  (Read 6740 times)

palahniukkubrick

Re: System of a Down at 930??
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
Some people should realize that just because a band is doing a club tour doesn't mean they'll be playing 9:30, or any DC-area club for that matter.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
heh, hoyasexa was totally easy on audioslave
o/\o

GabrielG54

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2005, 08:46:00 am »
ahh the good ole days when i caught the soad, incubus, snot tour. hard to believe 2 of those bands are now capable of headlining areans. i always thought their shows better fit for smaller clubs. ANNNNNNYWAYS. check out this ticketing policy from the metro show - pretty cool, if not inconvenient as hell.

"TICKET INFO:
 Tickets for System Of A Down will go on sale Sunday, May 1 at noon. Tickets will go on sale only at the Metro Box Office (Hi-Fi Records, 3728 North Clark Street) and all transactions will be CASH ONLY. Ticket buyers may not line up before 9:00am. The person buying the ticket MUST BE THE PERSON GOING TO THE SHOW. YOU MAY NOT PURCHASE A TICKET FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Ticket buyers will be sold ONE ticket each and at that time will receive a wristband. In order to enter the Metro on the day of the show, you must return with your ticket AND your wristband; the wristband must be attached to your wrist and UNTAMPERED with. "

andyrichter

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 09:20:00 am »
Originally posted by GabrielG54:
  ahh the good ole days when i caught the soad, incubus, snot tour. hard to believe 2 of those bands are now capable of headlining areans. i always thought their shows better fit for smaller clubs. ANNNNNNYWAYS. check out this ticketing policy from the metro show - pretty cool, if not inconvenient as hell.

"TICKET INFO:
 Tickets for System Of A Down will go on sale Sunday, May 1 at noon. Tickets will go on sale only at the Metro Box Office (Hi-Fi Records, 3728 North Clark Street) and all transactions will be CASH ONLY. Ticket buyers may not line up before 9:00am. The person buying the ticket MUST BE THE PERSON GOING TO THE SHOW. YOU MAY NOT PURCHASE A TICKET FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Ticket buyers will be sold ONE ticket each and at that time will receive a wristband. In order to enter the Metro on the day of the show, you must return with your ticket AND your wristband; the wristband must be attached to your wrist and UNTAMPERED with. "
Ladies and Gents, this is how you handle big shows like the Audioslave fiasco.  Big ups to the Metro for handling it that way.

Bags

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 12:38:00 pm »
One problem, I don't go to shows alone (usually, if I do, they're small).  I have to get every single one of my friends who wants to go down there online?  Not going to happen.  

I understand what they're trying to solve, but they're making impossible for too many people to go to a show they really, really, really want to go to.

brennser

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 12:38:00 pm »
Hoya - are you also writing for Salon? :-)

"Unlock" the Audioslave song

Audioslave has a nifty gimmick to promote their upcoming record, "Out of Exile": They're making one song from it, "Your Time Has Come," available for free download -- but only after a million fans have gone to this page and clicked on a link to "unlock" the song. The download is, for some reason, PC only, leaving us Mac users out in the cold. But given how disappointingly mediocre the coulda-been-great Audioslave's past offerings have been (the band is Rage Against the Machine with Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell in place of Zack de la Rocha), perhaps that's the best place to be.

chokeychicken

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 02:57:00 pm »
I would much rather find a way to get people downtown to get a fucking wristband then try to wait in line in a virtual waiting room trying to get audioslave tickets.

9:30, take note.  The Metro knows how to run things.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
getting the virtual waiting room is a good sign the show is already sold out....
T.Rex

GabrielG54

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
i think this is more of soad's idea than the metros. a coldplay show at the metro is going on sale via ticketmaster this afternoon.

waltmcc

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
SOAD is playing The 930 this week

Fooer

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
If SOAD is playing 9:30 this week how do u know????  May 5? or May 11?  Anyways these types of shows are not impossible to get into.  You just got to have Super Powers!

Fooer

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2005, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fooer:
  If SOAD is playing 9:30 this week how do u know????  May 5? or May 11?  Anyways these types of shows are not impossible to get into.  You just got to have Super Powers!
Plus System will be here inbetween September 12-14 with Mars Volta.  One show only.