Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2679643 times)

bearman🐻

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1710 on: November 02, 2009, 01:44:43 pm »
At the VC during Green Day the no-camera/picture policy was strictly enforced and the staff there were total amateurs about it. What I mean is that they were on EVERY single person every time a phone or blackberry was whipped out. It really put quite a damper on those of us that just wanted to watch the show.

nkotb

« Reply #1711 on: November 02, 2009, 02:25:52 pm »
The Boss tonight.  Might have an extra floor ticket if any regulars are looking.  PM me and let me konw.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1712 on: November 02, 2009, 03:55:01 pm »
Anyone need 2 tix to Lyle Lovett @ Strathmore for tonight, please PM me. Thanks.

xcanuck

« Reply #1713 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »
Going to King Khan and BBQ Show at RnR Hotel tonite. Julie Doiron tomorrow at DC9. Wolfmother on Wed.  Amy Millan at DC9 on Sunday.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1714 on: November 02, 2009, 06:08:43 pm »
never seen tahiti 80 before so no clue what they play live.

Sat: Tahiti 80/Brookville

tahiti 80 is still around??! do they still play that "heartbeat" song? i loved that one back in '99 or '00 or whenever it was.
HeyLa

Cali

« Reply #1715 on: November 02, 2009, 06:56:49 pm »
just wolfmother on wednesday. they were really good at voodoo fest so looking forward to wednesday.

wml7

« Reply #1716 on: November 02, 2009, 07:01:27 pm »
just wolfmother on wednesday. they were really good at voodoo fest so looking forward to wednesday.

how was voodoo this year??  I heard that it was a rainy mess but a lot of good performances.

Cali

« Reply #1717 on: November 02, 2009, 11:50:34 pm »
i loved it even with all the rain and cold on friday. i always leave liking at least two new bands. it would've been really bad if they had to stop the show friday, but the rain let up. i was too cold to stick around for eninem and left. i knew it was going to rain so i was somewhat prepared and knew there'd be lots of mud. i spent most of my time at the main stage so didnt have to deal with the mud too much.

highlights for me were: sspu, mutemath, lenny, earl greyhound, wolfmother, and dan dyer. i enjoyed justin's set too (i dont think i've ever made it to a festival that early before). i was surprised at how much i enjoyed alejandro escoveda and brand new (thought they'd be older). this year they had half of the front pit area for vip ppl and the lead guy from brand new was really bothered by it b/c it wasnt as crowded as the GA side for their set.

shooter's set was much better than his club set. he seemed more comfortable and didnt play as many slow songs. i learned i have to be in the mood for the pogues, and i wasnt on sunday. kiss got old after 10 minutes but i was already there and didnt feel like fighting the crowd to get out.

i've heard all this buzz about janelle monae, but i didnt get it. seemed a little forced to me.

there was a good variety of food, music, and vendors plus it's in new orleans and man do those people love halloween. i'm hoping they have it during hallowen next year too.

fuse is supposed to air highlights sometime this week.

they could do a better job of recycling and have a few more restrooms in the loa lounge.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:59:10 pm by Cali »

azaghal1981

« Reply #1718 on: November 03, 2009, 12:01:58 am »
I could be wrong but thought it was always near/on Halloween.
احمد

Cali

« Reply #1719 on: November 03, 2009, 12:15:18 am »
i think so, but that was my first time being in the city on halloween

Chulahoma

« Reply #1720 on: November 03, 2009, 01:52:18 am »
Mon: The Very Best
Tues: Real Estate
Wed: Wolfmother and/or Fuck Buttons
Thurs: Modeselektor

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #1721 on: November 03, 2009, 06:06:15 am »
Saw the White Rabbits with Local Natives and Glass Ghost tonight at the El Rey in LA. It was one of the 10 best shows I've seen this year. Each band was exciting, engaging, and brought some of the best pop music of the year to a really (rare) enthusiastic LA crowd.

Tuesday: Devo @ Music Box at the Fonda (performing Are We Not Men)
Wednesday: Pixies @ Palladium
Thursday: Broadcast / Atlas Sound @ Rhythm Room (Phoenix)
Friday: Destroyer @ Granada Theater (Dallas)
Sat/Sun: Fun Fun Fun Fest @ Waterloo Park (Austin)
Woof.

nkotb

« Reply #1722 on: November 03, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
Yeah, if I'm awake tonight, I may check this out.  I don't really love the album, but I've got the night free.  No way they'll sell out the mainstage, right?

I'm inclined to check out Girls on Tuesday night. Given the (well-deserved) hype what are the chances of getting tickets at the door?

xcanuck

« Reply #1723 on: November 03, 2009, 03:33:44 pm »
FWIW, there was a Wolfmother listening party downstairs at the VL prior to the High Dials show last Thurs (free beer, even!  :o ). Sounded pretty damn good. Looking forward to Wed night.

Anyone see King Khan last night? That is one messed up dude. But in a good way.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1724 on: November 03, 2009, 04:14:58 pm »

from twitter:
@joemarshmallow Yes, tickets will be available at the door tonight.

Yeah, if I'm awake tonight, I may check this out.  I don't really love the album, but I've got the night free.  No way they'll sell out the mainstage, right?

I'm inclined to check out Girls on Tuesday night. Given the (well-deserved) hype what are the chances of getting tickets at the door?
(_|_)