Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2679383 times)

atomicfront

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4440 on: October 11, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with Jens charging 30 bucks for the show.  Silversun Pickups is charging 32 the same night and he is much better than them.  I just realized this show is super early.  I don't get off of work until 5:30 and am north of Baltimore.  I hope I don' tmiss part of Jens set.

Anyway the fewer the people the better.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4441 on: October 11, 2012, 12:08:07 pm »
Jens will be half empty, trust me
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4442 on: October 11, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
I'd also much rather see Jens than SSPU but they are way more popular, hence the higher ticket price. You could never pay me to see One Direction or Gotye yet they both charge absurd prices because there are people out there willing to pay them.
I just don't think much of Jens' fanbase will be able to justify such a high price tag.

I don't see anything wrong with Jens charging 30 bucks for the show.  Silversun Pickups is charging 32 the same night and he is much better than them.  I just realized this show is super early.  I don't get off of work until 5:30 and am north of Baltimore.  I hope I don' tmiss part of Jens set.

Anyway the fewer the people the better.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #4443 on: October 11, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »
Katy Perry anyone :)

You could never pay me to see One Direction or Gotye

eltee

« Reply #4444 on: October 11, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »
I'd say $20 is perfect for US $25 to make some dough. $30 is applicable in Europe. You know, he's one of those that is salivated after and over there. Here, while respected, just not well enough know with the kids and $30-35 isn't doable esp. when comparing w/ SSPU the same night with similar cost. Anyhow, I hope the emptier the better too, esp. so I can park...
I might hold out for SSPU but until I know the set times I can't guess if I'll stick around until their set. If  I don't go to SSPU I'll have an extra for for sale right after Jens.
(Haven't figured out the
I'm guessing Jens will be 8:15. I might actually head down early to avoid rush hour. It's just not worth sitting in traffic for an early show, which I usually don't (can't?) attend b/c of work & rush hour (esp. on a Friday).

I have an extra for Calexico and Ryan too. (gift ticket)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4445 on: October 11, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »
I didn't pay to see that. Firebutt and I had two free tickets and went for giggles.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:07:51 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #4446 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »
But you said "you could never PAY ME to see" below...not "I would NEVER PAY to see".  Just saying...

But who I am to judge.  I legitimately like Katy Perry's songs :(

I didn't pay to see that. Firebutt and I had two free tickets and went for giggles.

lily1

« Reply #4447 on: October 11, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
lily how was BellX1? (and yes, this: why does everyone and their mother need to tour sept/oct/early november? i can't be at 5 venues at once!)

very nice. just one of those shows where the crowd was into it, but respectful, and everyone there enjoyed itself. a nice chill acoustic show. played for about 80-85 minutes.

very different vibe and energy level than when i saw them a year or two ago at ram's head. they treated that show like it was an arena show and rocked the hell out of the place. it was great.

but this was just as good. just a 180 entirely. nice contrast.

they are doing a whole series of dates in ireland starting later this month thru december. i'm going to be working in london next month and seriously tempted to see if i can finagle a trip over to the green isle for one of their shows.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4448 on: October 11, 2012, 04:46:11 pm »
And that obviously wasn't the case for Katy Perry.

But you said "you could never PAY ME to see" below...not "I would NEVER PAY to see".  Just saying...

But who I am to judge.  I legitimately like Katy Perry's songs :(

احمد

eltee

« Reply #4449 on: October 11, 2012, 08:50:16 pm »
thanks for the nice review, lily. you should try and go over sometime. if you can time it right there are often deals but also, aer lingus flies from new york direct. they used to from IAD but now it flies up to NY. At least they did the last time I checked. Old planes, but only 6 hours it's like flying to LA. Hell, I'll go back any time just tell me when.

Separately I'm hoping a show at JJ is slightly unnoticed or too far for people to come out (selfishly so it's not crowded and respectful, but also not sold out if I decide to go), Margot &TNS&S's. Would be nice to see them in a small venue.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:45:14 pm by eltee »

azaghal1981

« Reply #4450 on: October 11, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »
Eltee, do you still have the same number? It has been a little while. I'll text you when I get there.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:41:48 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

lily1

« Reply #4451 on: October 13, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »
Separately I'm hoping a show at JJ is slightly unnoticed or two far for people to come out (selfishly so it's not crowded and respectful, but also not sold out if I decide to go), Margot &TNS&S's. Would be nice to see them in a small venue.

ah, hell, how did i totally miss this show announcement? and i was just there! and of course, it's the same night as st etienne. and i'm already ticketed for that one.

feckin a!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4452 on: October 14, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »
how was Jens?  this was the first DC show of his that I missed, very bummed.
(o|o)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4453 on: October 14, 2012, 07:35:09 pm »
I liked it better than the last two but there was something special about the first that I doubt could ever be topped.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4454 on: October 16, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »
saw david byrne/st vincent last night at the orpheum. what a great venue.
off to nyc tomorrow morning and catching lots of bands at cmj.
sharon van etten has a free show -- should be awesome.
wild nothing - a bunch of british bands mainly the alvarez kings and no clue what else.
should be good. then off to a short trip in dc and maybe a show sun night.
already forgot the band tho.
HeyLa