Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2679867 times)

atomicfront

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4635 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »
patti smith this saturday

azaghal1981

« Reply #4636 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »
School of Seven Bells tomorrow
ZS and Skeletons Monday
The Deads/Pinkish Black at Comet Friday
Amma House thing Saturday
Comet thing Sunday
احمد

hutch

« Reply #4637 on: November 25, 2012, 06:23:51 pm »
The of Monsters and Men show last night in Philly was pretty incredible.  Wish I had tickets to tonights show at the 930 club.  I wish we had a  place around here like the Tower Theater.  Great views and sound in that building.

we don't?

hutch

« Reply #4638 on: November 25, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »

seems by your very own -not mine-criteria this would be considered a has been...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4639 on: November 25, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »
people travelled all the way to philly to see a faux "folk" band from ICELAND?

The of Monsters and Men show last night in Philly was pretty incredible.  Wish I had tickets to tonights show at the 930 club.  I wish we had a  place around here like the Tower Theater.  Great views and sound in that building.
(_|_)

atomicfront

« Reply #4640 on: November 25, 2012, 07:53:12 pm »

seems by your very own -not mine-criteria this would be considered a has been...

yeah i agree.  wife bought the tickets.

atomicfront

« Reply #4641 on: November 25, 2012, 07:55:34 pm »

What the heck makes it faux folk?  And what does Iceland have anything to do with anything.   Beautiful country for sure but I don't see how that effects anything.

Whatever best show of the year by far.  I paid 100 bucks per ticket.  And I think the ones tonight were going for 125 at the cheapest on stubhub. 

atomicfront

« Reply #4642 on: November 25, 2012, 07:57:18 pm »

we don't?

We have the warner theater but no decent bands play there anymore.  Also Lincoln theater.  But once again no bands are playing there. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #4643 on: November 25, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »
Thought they were Swedish?

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #4644 on: November 25, 2012, 08:48:12 pm »
That's kind of retarded.  ;) you should have seen them at Black Cat in April. Tickets were probably cheaper!

What the heck makes it faux folk?  And what does Iceland have anything to do with anything.   Beautiful country for sure but I don't see how that effects anything.

Whatever best show of the year by far.  I paid 100 bucks per ticket.  And I think the ones tonight were going for 125 at the cheapest on stubhub. 

hutch

« Reply #4645 on: November 25, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

man she really has your balls eh? first she kiboshed your mumfordian dream and now making you see patti smith... what is next? neil young? shudder....

man up buddy....man up. sometimes when people don't have children the wife begins to treat the husband as her child.. you do not want to be that guy.

atomicfront

« Reply #4646 on: November 26, 2012, 12:46:39 am »
That's kind of retarded.  ;) you should have seen them at Black Cat in April. Tickets were probably cheaper!

They were sold out months before the show at the black cat as well.  That is how i first heard of them.  I saw they were sold out way before the show so I checked them out and liked them.

atomicfront

« Reply #4647 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:58 am »

man she really has your balls eh? first she kiboshed your mumfordian dream and now making you see patti smith... what is next? neil young? shudder....

man up buddy....man up. sometimes when people don't have children the wife begins to treat the husband as her child.. you do not want to be that guy.

I am sure if my wife wanted to go see neil young I would go. Just as if I wanted to go see some band she wasn't crazy about I would go.  And the mumford and sons was my idea son.  And we have only been married a few months.   Give the children time to happen.

lily1

« Reply #4648 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34:11 am »
public enemy on wednesday

this is either going to be fanfuckintastic or an utter train wreck. i'm hoping for the former, obviously. buoyed by their performance with the roots on the jimmy fallon show a while back which was absolutely great. bit concerned now that they've added all these other rappers-everyone gets one song?

red baraat on friday in cheverly (which for those of you that haven't been, has a lovely old art deco theatre. saw another show there a couple years back, i think it was hot 8 brass band.)

Yada

« Reply #4649 on: November 26, 2012, 11:42:02 am »
public enemy on wednesday

this is either going to be fanfuckintastic or an utter train wreck. i'm hoping for the former, obviously. buoyed by their performance with the roots on the jimmy fallon show a while back which was absolutely great. bit concerned now that they've added all these other rappers-everyone gets one song?

red baraat on friday in cheverly (which for those of you that haven't been, has a lovely old art deco theatre. saw another show there a couple years back, i think it was hot 8 brass band.)

I predict lots of bass, handwaving, and muffled vocals.