Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2679871 times)

Yada

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5535 on: July 31, 2013, 11:37:48 am »
Phish.

8)

mothership?  i, for the first time since i have been seeing them, am not doing the mothership.  i would cry, but its ok.

San Francisco. I will be attending the Mothership or Atlantic City though.

K8teebug

« Reply #5536 on: July 31, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »
wtf is mothership?  This also explains why it's been over 13 years since my last Phish show.

Yada

« Reply #5537 on: July 31, 2013, 01:10:07 pm »
wtf is mothership?  This also explains why it's been over 13 years since my last Phish show.

K8teebug, I get the sense you had an ex that dragged (drugged) you to multiple Phish shows in the 90's and now you resent them. Amirite?

And the Mothership is Hampton Coliseum which as far as I know has been called that since back when the Dead used to melt the place down. I could be wrong.

hutch

« Reply #5538 on: July 31, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »
I saw them at the mothership in 98... it was unbelievable.. the vibe at the place was so good...

the next day we got stoned and drove around the hampton beltway three times before figuring out the exit to head south to Winston Salem...

Sidehatch is really to blame more than me as he was the driver..

Yada

« Reply #5539 on: July 31, 2013, 01:36:04 pm »
I saw them at the mothership in 98... it was unbelievable.. the vibe at the place was so good...

the next day we got stoned and drove around the hampton beltway three times before figuring out the exit to head south to Winston Salem...

It's a pretty storied venue. I would've  loved to have seen the Dead there. It's just too bad it's in Hampton because that place blows.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5540 on: July 31, 2013, 10:21:28 pm »
Got a chance to DJ the Michael kiwanuka show.  Impressed with the opener Kat Edmonson
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #5541 on: August 01, 2013, 12:44:00 am »
Beautiful Alasdair Roberts set. Great mix of original songs and traditionals. Site note: What is it with English/Irish/Scottish folk songs and murder usually of women or children?
احمد

oso

« Reply #5542 on: August 01, 2013, 06:04:10 am »
Roberts showed up to do an encore with Bonnie "Prince" Billy and company at Sixth and I.

K8teebug

« Reply #5543 on: August 01, 2013, 08:41:00 am »

K8teebug, I get the sense you had an ex that dragged (drugged) you to multiple Phish shows in the 90's and now you resent them. Amirite?

And the Mothership is Hampton Coliseum which as far as I know has been called that since back when the Dead used to melt the place down. I could be wrong.

I have never heard that!  Makes sense.

No, I really really liked them.  Went to the Great Went.  I just associate them with college and got older and wasn't really into the whole scene as much any more....

Yada

« Reply #5544 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:24 am »

I have never heard that!  Makes sense.

No, I really really liked them.  Went to the Great Went.  I just associate them with college and got older and wasn't really into the whole scene as much any more....

Understood... there was a big chunk of the 00's that I lost interest but then I realized there isn't a band out there that puts on a show like them.

Relaxer

« Reply #5545 on: August 01, 2013, 09:26:19 am »
Roberts showed up to do an encore with Bonnie "Prince" Billy and company at Sixth and I.

This was the most amazing show. I went into it not thinking "God I hope Oldham plays X, Y and Z" but rather "Let's see what he comes up with." It helps that I just read his book, which expounds at great length on his theories of making music. But I was completely in to every minute of this.

And let me tell you, when the openers came on -- two guys with acoustic guitars -- my heart and my boner just sank like a stone. But then midway through the first song, I thought "Wow, this sounds pretty good" and by the end of it, I was absolutely sold. I usually hate soft, delicate acoustic music but these guys were amazing. At the end of the BPB set, I ran into the guy on the left and told him virtually everything I said in this paragraph and he gave me a hug except that I didn't realize he was going in for a hug and so we had this awkward shoulder bump and then we made out.
oword

« Reply #5546 on: August 01, 2013, 09:58:21 am »

Sad but true.  Not sure why I couldn't just take the next exit and back track  :-\
slack

Yada

« Reply #5547 on: August 01, 2013, 10:01:39 am »

This was the most amazing show. I went into it not thinking "God I hope Oldham plays X, Y and Z" but rather "Let's see what he comes up with." It helps that I just read his book, which expounds at great length on his theories of making music. But I was completely in to every minute of this.

And let me tell you, when the openers came on -- two guys with acoustic guitars -- my heart and my boner just sank like a stone. But then midway through the first song, I thought "Wow, this sounds pretty good" and by the end of it, I was absolutely sold. I usually hate soft, delicate acoustic music but these guys were amazing. At the end of the BPB set, I ran into the guy on the left and told him virtually everything I said in this paragraph and he gave me a hug except that I didn't realize he was going in for a hug and so we had this awkward shoulder bump and then we made out.

Did your boner touch his boner?

Relaxer

« Reply #5548 on: August 01, 2013, 10:20:01 am »
Yeah but then I changed into a hawk and he turned into an ice trampoline. It was so weird.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5549 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:07 am »
Yeah but then I changed into a hawk and he turned into an ice trampoline. It was so weird.

You got some mad Wonder Twin Powers (tm)!