Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2678997 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #10935 on: February 26, 2024, 01:18:34 pm »
Hurray for the Riff Raff - maybe

Sold out show

Oh i'm aware space... new album is A+

I saw her for free at Millenium Stage last year....was good but wasn't planning on seeing her again so soon. After hearing the new album, almost wish i had gotten a ticket for this show.

"them"
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10936 on: February 26, 2024, 01:36:05 pm »

Sold out show

I saw her for free at Millenium Stage last year....was good but wasn't planning on seeing her again so soon. After hearing the new album, almost wish i had gotten a ticket for this show.

"them"

ohhhh snap!

Space Freely

« Reply #10937 on: February 26, 2024, 02:36:34 pm »

Sold out show

"them"

I respect her right to refer to herself as whatever she likes, but I'm not mangling the English language on her behalf.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10938 on: February 26, 2024, 02:58:05 pm »
I respect her right to refer to herself as whatever she likes, but I'm not mangling the English language on her behalf.

respecting someone's wishes is trumped by your respect for the concept of the english language?  we mangle the english language on the daily.  drawing a line at trans pronouns seems like a cop-out that attempts to hide something deeper... but that is my opinion/perception, to be clear.  my father-in-law can't deal with pronouns either, but that's because he's old and doesn't do well with change - he honestly want to respect everyone but can't seem to change his manner of speech.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10939 on: February 26, 2024, 03:29:17 pm »

Sold out show

"them"

Whatever man. Choose your hill to die on. Me and my trans kid will shed a tear for you.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10940 on: February 26, 2024, 03:29:46 pm »
Oh shit. Sorry.

"My trans kid and I..."

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10941 on: February 26, 2024, 03:44:42 pm »
Oh shit. Sorry.

"My trans kid and I..."
Whew. We were about to have the vapors.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #10942 on: February 26, 2024, 04:18:24 pm »

Sold out show

"them"

Whatever man. Choose your hill to die on. Me and my trans kid will shed a tear for you.

Does your trans kid also identify as non-binary?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #10943 on: February 26, 2024, 04:28:18 pm »
Yes. Though honestly, I don't feel accountable to you and I don't feel like I'm compelled to answer your questions. Talk to me after you install version 2.0

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #10944 on: February 26, 2024, 04:47:36 pm »

I respect her right to refer to herself as whatever she likes, but...

But you don't.
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #10945 on: February 26, 2024, 05:03:26 pm »

But you don't.

You don't know me.

bearman🐻

« Reply #10946 on: February 26, 2024, 05:18:51 pm »

But you don't.

You don't know me.

Call me crazy...does the word "but" seem to negate everything that preceded it? 

Space Freely

« Reply #10947 on: February 26, 2024, 05:27:52 pm »

But you don't.

You don't know me.

Call me crazy...does the word "but" seem to negate everything that preceded it?

I said I respect her right to call herself whatever she wants. Clearly, she can. I'm not telling her she can't.

But don't create rules to force me to use language that I'm not comfortable with and get all judgey about it.. If you do, you're just as bad as a creepy conservative forcing their rules on me and getting all judgey about it.

For the record, Americans are pretty split on using gender neutral pronouns. And you shaming them is not going to change their minds.

https://today.yougov.com/politics/articles/43310-how-americans-gender-neutral-pronouns-2022-poll

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #10948 on: February 26, 2024, 06:24:50 pm »
Space being concerned about mangling the English language is such sweet irony.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #10949 on: February 26, 2024, 07:01:16 pm »
Space being concerned about mangling the English language is such sweet irony.

It is apparently more important to protect the sanctity of the language than it is to respect other people's identity. I didn't realize Space has been such a lifelong hardcore prescriptivist. I bet he bristles whenever the OED releases their "new words of the year" list.