Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 932554 times)

Space Freely

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2445 on: November 18, 2016, 05:34:15 pm »
Anybody have relatives who voted for Trump and if so how are you handling it?

This summer I was at the in-laws and there was a new story about Trump kid killing animals for fun and my father in law shouted at the TV "So, Hillary wants to kill babies."

Sure enough, he voted Trump. "I don't really like Trump, but I had to vote against Hillary." My mother in law voted Trump "because I like his economic package better." (My in-laws are economically comfortable, they're not coal miners for Christ sake.

I'm thinking no visits to them until Trump is out of office.

hutch

« Reply #2446 on: November 18, 2016, 05:39:49 pm »
He just or Trump Organization (whatever that means) agreed to pay out $25 million to settle Trump U fraud lawsuit

Its hard to root for the guy or not get depressed...

Everyone in my family voted Hillary although part of me wonders if my dad didn't but says he does.. he seemed awfully cheery on the phone last week....."oh well! what matters is you're doing well!"

Listen, Trump, embarassing or not, is our President and that is just the way it is.. lets hope he gets his shit together, gets lucky, and stays out of the way....and has the sense to resist all the pressure he will get to get involved in foreign conflicts...

Relaxer

« Reply #2447 on: November 18, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »
I know shit is bad when I'm feeling relieved that Mitt Romney might actually join the Trump administration.

Like, he's awful but compared to the crime scene currently underway, he's at least not a complete slobbering idiot.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #2448 on: November 18, 2016, 05:46:10 pm »
Kanye West didn't vote, but would have gone Trump -- and thinks people should stop focusing on racism.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2449 on: November 18, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »
Goodbye, legal pot . . . Hello, Jeff Sessions.

hutch

« Reply #2450 on: November 18, 2016, 06:25:45 pm »
Goodbye, legal pot . . . Hello, Jeff Sessions.

of all the things Sessions will do this is the least of my concerns....not to mention I think it is largely a state issue....

I hate Sessions but he bet big and early on Trump so this is not a surprise....I think he was the first Republican sitting politician to endorse Trump
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 06:38:42 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #2452 on: November 18, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »
wow....how surreal.......

I say let them celebrate..

Space Freely

« Reply #2453 on: November 18, 2016, 10:20:25 pm »
On May 3, 2013, the Palmetto Playground in Brooklyn, New York was renamed to Adam Yauch Park in memory of the Beastie Boy, who died in 2012. Today, the park was defaced with swastikas and graffiti that read ?Go Trump,? Billboard reports. Find an image below. Yauch, like the rest of his bandmates, was Jewish. There has been a spike in hate crimes and racially-charged attacks around the country since Donald Trump was elected president.

hutch

« Reply #2454 on: November 18, 2016, 10:26:04 pm »
How sad....

Now that is not celebrating.. that is breaking the law...

I guess at least Yauch is glad not to be around for "President" Trump...

miss him.

shemptiness

« Reply #2455 on: November 19, 2016, 11:24:09 pm »
The people who are boycotting Hamilton would never actually see it so I don't really get the purpose of the boycott.

hutch

« Reply #2456 on: November 19, 2016, 11:55:46 pm »
It really takes the word chutzpah to a whole new level.. Trump, the guy who did not apologize once despite insulting John McCain's service, the disabled, women, Latinos, muslims, people with small hands, a goldstar mom, a Miss Universe for her looks, you name it....now demands an apology because the cast of a NYC musical said there was no reason to boo his VP but they hoped the VP would uphold core American values as embodied in the play he was attending?

I read someone said that this was an attempt to distract from the Trump U settlement but I'm skeptical because nobody cares about any of the issues surrounding Trump and since he is the new president it is the "job" of the establishment and the media to give him the legitimacy he so poorly earned...

I'm supporting him and hoping for millions of great jobs, end of ISIS wthout war, huge infrastructure plan to rebuild our nation, way lower taxes, economic boom, end to inner city problems, you name it.. but based on some of the post election shenannigans he is pulling and the people he is surrounding himself, so far, on national security I have to say I am rather skeptical...

I read an interesting article on why the dollar has strengthened and the thinking about reflation as part of a Trump admin.. I have to admit I was not familiar with the term reflation....I do hope we do not have inflation - which the article I read said is completely different- but I have always worried that a scam artist like Trump would try to get out of honoring our debts at face value...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2457 on: November 20, 2016, 02:34:06 pm »
The people who are boycotting Hamilton would never actually see it so I don't really get the purpose of the boycott.
This.
LVMH

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2458 on: November 20, 2016, 03:02:12 pm »
That's, because they can't get, tickets