Author Topic: warehouse next door scoop  (Read 1587 times)

no pussyfooting

warehouse next door scoop
« on: October 13, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
can anyone give me the scoop on thee warehouse?
 i heard something vague about a restaurant replacing  the rock and roll area. i am distressed. fill me in?

tigersscareme

Re: warehouse next door scoop
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:23:00 pm »
the "rock and roll" part used to be a restaurant ( a well regarded restaurant actually) and the rupperts closed it around the time the construction on the convo center was going full-tilt. they've been having shows there for the last 5 years or so, but i've always thought it was something that was destined to go back to the restaurant, so i'm sad but not all together surprised.
 i should say that i don't know if it's true or not. i'm hoping not, but i can't imagine how the WND could turn even a dime in profit.

snailhook

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:19:00 pm »
i'm busy at work right now, but i'll clue you in a little in a bit.

but i can't imagine how the WND could turn even a dime in profit.
[/b]

we don't make much of a profit, but we don't lose anything either. if the owners decided to put more effort into making the WND a professional music venue, it could turn a profit.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »
I agree with what Snail said.

On the other hand, the thing that I loved about The Warehouse had nothing to do with The Warehouse itself. It was the experience once there. They often brought in great acts with true fans. Because they pulled in true fans, you never had to put up with all of that insanely rude talking during a show. These people were there for the music, not the scene, and always knew how to pay their full respect. For that, among other reasons, The Warehouse as we knew it, will truly be missed.