Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179513 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2700 on: January 14, 2014, 02:21:44 pm »
Can we talk about the one of the biggest roots of all evil in the world? Religion. Modern Islam in particular, but Christianity and Judaism are only marginally better.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2701 on: January 14, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »
jesus, christ.

ggw

« Reply #2702 on: January 14, 2014, 03:03:12 pm »
Can we talk about the one of the biggest roots of all evil in the world? Religion. Modern Islam in particular, but Christianity and Judaism are only marginally better.

I'm shocked - shocked - that anyone would ever mistake you for a troll.

James Ford

« Reply #2703 on: January 14, 2014, 03:21:29 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/magazine/20circumcision-t.html?ref=femalegenitalmutilation&_r=0

I'm shocked - shocked - that anyone would ever mistake you for a troll.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2704 on: January 14, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »
The board has been absolutely killing it lately. I am so freaking proud of all you the last few days, seriously.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2705 on: January 14, 2014, 04:15:26 pm »
Someone told me I looked like a Hipster Santa Claus today. It might be time to shave the beard and go back to the gym.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2706 on: January 14, 2014, 09:19:35 pm »
oh, my.  please dont.  just send me some photos, santabear

« Reply #2707 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »
Someone told me I looked like a Hipster Santa Claus today. It might be time to shave the beard and go back to the gym.

really never expected you to look like this

slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2708 on: January 15, 2014, 02:50:13 pm »
well now that's just moronic.  your solution would be to limit the board to one mega-thread, where everything - announcements, commentary, photos, football analysis, political trolling and "hey who's going to this show" - gets posted?

that's called /b/.  yeah, that would be an improvement.
No, I never suggested anything of that sort. I'm proposing instead of information about a band's concert being split up among 6 different threads, you start a topic about the show itself. All the info about tickets going on sale, who got tickets, hey does anyone want to meet up, what was the third song they played, and, oh, hey look at my picture of the band all is in one clearly labeled thread. People can easily discuss the event in one place and new users do not need to learn how to follow a discussion of a concert thru a chain of 5 or 6 threads. People who have no interest in the concert will not click on the thread. As a side-effect, people will post useless info for shows none of us plan to go far less because they don't want to clog up the board with topics that no one will post on. The info we get about concert listings will be more useful because its not surrounded by as much "junk" info. It facilitates more communication (and more orderly communication) among people interested in a certain concert.

What don't people get about this idea? We're a messageboard. The purpose of a messageboard is  communication and interaction. We put up impediments to communication and interaction because we, for some reason, don't want to be a messageboard, we want to be ShowListDC. (As always, no offense meant to ShowListDC.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:54:38 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2709 on: January 15, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »
I just realized I thought Jessie Eisenberg and Adam Sandberg were the same person.  I guess it is understandable as they both have the same hair and have "berg" in their name and neither one is funny.

ggw

« Reply #2710 on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »
I'm proposing instead of information about a band's concert being split up among 6 different threads, you start a topic about the show itself. All the info about tickets going on sale, who got tickets, hey does anyone want to meet up, what was the third song they played, and, oh, hey look at my picture of the band all is in one clearly labeled thread.

What exactly is preventing you (or anyone else) from doing that?

James Ford

« Reply #2711 on: January 15, 2014, 04:13:38 pm »
By Adam Sandberg do you mean Andy Samberg?

I think we've covered it before, (or maybe we just wish we had), but Samberg is the one who has the wife with the great ass.

I just realized I thought Jessie Eisenberg and Adam Sandberg were the same person.  I guess it is understandable as they both have the same hair and have "berg" in their name and neither one is funny.

atomic

« Reply #2712 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:55 pm »
I'm proposing instead of information about a band's concert being split up among 6 different threads, you start a topic about the show itself. All the info about tickets going on sale, who got tickets, hey does anyone want to meet up, what was the third song they played, and, oh, hey look at my picture of the band all is in one clearly labeled thread.

What exactly is preventing you (or anyone else) from doing that?

Well if you are the only person attending the show it might be a 1 post thread.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2713 on: January 15, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »
I am pretty sure nobody wants 300 plus new threads a year, each one dedicated to a single show.  If someone needs access to information on a band/performance/whatever, they can use the handy "search" feature. 

atomic

« Reply #2714 on: January 15, 2014, 04:56:07 pm »
I am pretty sure nobody wants 300 plus new threads a year, each one dedicated to a single show.  If someone needs access to information on a band/performance/whatever, they can use the handy "search" feature. 

Yeah unless it is some very important like  Arcade Fire or Yeah Yeah Yeahs we don't need a seperate thread.