Author Topic: So no one else was at Kings of Leon?  (Read 2595 times)

Sir HC

So no one else was at Kings of Leon?
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:57:26 pm »
Interesting, it was a good show, love the openers, though their old stuff was better than the new stuff.  What was with the emo/creed hairdos for Kings of Leon?  Still did some of the ones I love, and it was a fun show overall.  Was damn packed, much more so than the Flaming Lips.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: So no one else was at Kings of Leon?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:07:30 pm »
Q: So no one else was at Kings of Leon?

A: no one here who'll admit it... ::)
<sig>

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:32:49 pm »
I understand that, it was weird, they even made mention that "This is our fourth album" and damn if the lead singer did not look totally different than they did 5 years back (and the openers now look like they did).  Best part, the PA for the pavilion was negligibly bigger than what the club uses.

eros

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
Q: So no one else was at Kings of Leon?

A: no one here who'll admit it... ::)

Meh, I'll admit it.  Say what you will, they're a decent band.  Pretty good performance.  Of course they've been overtaken by the "brahs" which is kind of a bummer.
ʎɐʍou

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:34 pm »
I would have proudly gone and admitted it the whole way....I'm a fan.  Really like the new album...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 10:54:27 am »
i saw KoL last year at APW.  i was expecting bad, but they were pretty decent.  not a band i'd trek out to MPP for but i enjoyed their set.  i remember thinking they sounded very consistent - great if you liked their sound, very "samey" if you didn't.
<sig>

Arthwys

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 11:38:54 am »
I've always enjoyed them....really like their debut a lot actually.  Saw them a bit before their 2nd album came out at the Black Cat, and still can't believe that of all the bands I've seen play the Cat, KOL are the band that made the big time.
Emrys

serpent boy

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 02:12:33 pm »
I wanted to go, but I couldn't justify spending another $50 when they're still playing the same setlist they did earlier this year (Patriot Center).

They've done minor rearranging to the setlist, cut out "California Waiting," "Milk," and "Devil's Song," and added "Revelry" and "Be Somebody." Ehh.

I'll see them again when they put out a new CD or start playing stuff like "Camaro," "True Love Way," "Trani," and "Pistol of Fire."

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »
i saw KoL last year at APW.  i was expecting bad, but they were pretty decent.  not a band i'd trek out to MPP for but i enjoyed their set.  i remember thinking they sounded very consistent - great if you liked their sound, very "samey" if you didn't.

I can hear sound check at Merriweather out the window at work.  So not a big commute for me, but it is weird to think they were at Fletchers 5 years back (with the same opener), and now a very packed Merriweather.