Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1677643 times)

Space Freely

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #5955 on: March 19, 2021, 02:16:47 pm »
I got my new drivers license in the mail and I look like shit

Compared to my last license my  face seems to have widened by 50% and it’s jowl city.. WTF?

Also my long hair looks like crap

And the moron who took it said “nice picture”

I think I will take some Zoloft cause I am pissed off and depressed

I've found that wearing a mask makes me better looking. Sunglasses and sock hats too.

« Reply #5956 on: March 22, 2021, 05:47:44 pm »
so apparently this was just a few blocks from Iota's in the 60s on Wilson bvld in Arlington

Hatemonger's Hill it was coined
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #5957 on: March 26, 2021, 09:57:28 pm »
I am attempting to control this board, just to please Yada.

Sad, I know.   But I thrive, on the grades.

« Reply #5958 on: March 30, 2021, 11:51:24 am »
So Douglas Adams was right all along!

Yes, the answer to the universe really is 42
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5959 on: March 30, 2021, 12:17:51 pm »
I mean....

Friday 08 November 1996 01:02

Yada

« Reply #5960 on: March 31, 2021, 12:39:28 pm »
Montgomery County Challenges Residents to Start Plogging—

An Initiative to Encourage Picking Up Trash While Jogging or Walking
To celebrate the start of Earth Month, Montgomery County is kicking off a spring #PloggingChallenge from April 1 through June 30. The initiative, led by the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) in partnership with Montgomery Parks and the Montgomery County Department of Transportation, challenges everyone to “plog”—pick up trash while they jog or walk.

The plogging concept asks people who regularly jog or a walk to take a trash bag and a grabber and pick up trash while they are on their route.

Plogging is a worldwide trend that started in Sweden and is now a part of Montgomery County’s effort to reduce litter. It also is a great way to get in extra exercise. As a workout, plogging adds bending, squatting and stretching to the main actions of jogging or walking, all while cleaning up our community.

Residents can join the #PloggingChallenge by taking a photo of themselves plogging in Montgomery County and tagging the DEP Instagram account @mygreenmc or using the hashtag #MontgomeryPlogs on Instagram. Participants also can submit photos via email to DEP.contests@montgomerycountymd.gov.

Anyone who joins the #PloggingChallenge can get a free “Plog-A-Long" pack by signing up on the DEP website https://mygreenmontgomery.org/2021/greenfest-plogging-challenge/

Each Plog-A-Long pack contains trash and recycling bags, gloves, a one litter grabber and hand sanitizer. Those who sign up to receive a Plog-A-Long pack are committing to picking up trash, disposing of trash properly and reporting the number of bags of trash that are picked up.

Students will be eligible to earn one Student Service Learning hour per day, per bag of trash picked up. Prizes and other plogging events are planned throughout the campaign.

All Plog-Along Packs must be picked up in person at a designated location. See the website for further details.

“The Plogging Challenge is a fun and engaging way to raise awareness about stormwater pollution,” said DEP Director Adam Ortiz. “All of the trash that we see on the sides of the roads, on curbs, in streams, and in stormwater ponds eventually ends up in our rives and waterways. Plogging is a simple act that can really have an impact. Imagine how much trash we can collect if everyone were to plog even a little bit every day.”

More campaign details can be found here:   https://mygreenmontgomery.org/2021/greenfest-plogging-challenge/ .

hutch

« Reply #5961 on: March 31, 2021, 12:44:27 pm »
I challenge people in MoCo not to throw garbage everywhere, fill up the potholes, and learn how to drive...

Yada

« Reply #5962 on: March 31, 2021, 12:55:45 pm »
I challenge people in MoCo not to throw garbage everywhere, fill up the potholes, and learn how to drive...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5963 on: March 31, 2021, 03:46:00 pm »
I mean....

Friday 08 November 1996 01:02

you know how else you can tell that article is older than dirt?  the fact that the estimate for hubble's constant is 42 - i mean, C'MON.  42?  get out of the dark ages.  everyone knows the debate nowadays is between 67 vs. 74. 

- https://hackaday.com/2021/03/25/how-fast-is-the-universe-expanding-the-riddle-of-two-values-for-the-hubble-constant/
- https://scitechdaily.com/how-fast-is-the-universe-expanding-new-hubble-constant-measurement-highlights-discrepancy-between-estimates-of-our-cosmic-fate/
<sig>

« Reply #5964 on: March 31, 2021, 05:24:07 pm »
happy easter
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5965 on: March 31, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Dude is walking from DC to NYC, can follow in the Twitter: https://twitter.com/NKingofDC/status/1376489742108397570?s=20   

« Reply #5966 on: April 01, 2021, 02:13:35 pm »
this would be have been great if we were still in a time of office desks and pens
slack

« Reply #5968 on: April 01, 2021, 04:18:41 pm »
it is a shame, but it makes sense

Just make sure Yada and Bresner know they can't drive to PRI
“We’ve relied on helicopters before to bring in our guests during road closures, and we’ll do it again."A spokesperson for Post Ranch Inn seems similarly unperturbed.
slack

vansmack

« Reply #5969 on: April 01, 2021, 04:30:21 pm »
27>34