Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1675279 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6615 on: February 04, 2022, 07:04:03 pm »
knowing that you will never get a better job / career than the current one you have

that is a choice.  your choice.  make a different one!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:07:23 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #6616 on: February 04, 2022, 07:13:51 pm »
knowing that you will never get a better job / career than the current one you have

that is a choice.  your choice.  make a different one!
might take some time, but there are plenty of good jobs out there, especially with all the online/work from home stuff now
location isn't a limiting factor

RE is a dog eat dog type of job, hard work and loyalty don't always mean a reasonable paycheck
the skills you learned there can certainly be applied to other fields

chin up grasshopper
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6617 on: February 10, 2022, 10:14:43 am »
A radio station in Seattle, KUOW 94.9, crashed and permanently bricked the entertainment system in Mazda cars after the station broadcasted images over the air that lacked a filename extension.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1491487441605128197?s=21

Radio station snafu in Seattle bricks some Mazda infotainment systems
The problem was a broadcast containing image files with no extensions.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/02/radio-station-snafu-in-seattle-bricks-some-mazda-infotainment-systems/

Not the first time either for Mazda a podcast with % in the title caused similar issues in the past
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 10:16:42 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

« Reply #6618 on: February 10, 2022, 06:06:35 pm »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6619 on: February 10, 2022, 06:13:13 pm »

Guess this one way to avoid taxes and collect one’s own life insurance, shame it involves moving to Kentucky
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #6621 on: February 18, 2022, 11:41:12 am »
So should we get a pool going on Ukraine?  Like what day the Russian troops cross the border?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6622 on: February 18, 2022, 11:45:10 am »
We seem like such a little bitch!

“They are going to do it! Don’t do it! We really mean it! They are really going to do it! We see what you’re doing!!! Don’t do it!”

Pathetic

« Reply #6623 on: February 18, 2022, 11:50:29 am »
although at the same time...I don't think we should shed American blood for this
I think Europen allies should be on the hook way more than US

Can we just send those Canadian truckers there??
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6624 on: February 18, 2022, 12:09:06 pm »
Exactly! So why pretend

If they do go in we’re going to look like a big bitch

If we want to go in and get involved to defend Ukraine let’s talk clearly and say how it’s going to be but have our acts indicate we are serious

« Reply #6625 on: February 18, 2022, 01:03:53 pm »
If they do go in we’re going to look like a big bitch
been doing a lot of DEI stuff lately and I feel you are not being culturally sensitive to big bitches.  Sounds like little bitches are ok in your book, do you give them preferential treatment?
slack

« Reply #6626 on: February 22, 2022, 06:01:01 pm »
So should we get a pool going on Ukraine?  Like what day the Russian troops cross the border?
who picked 2/21

I mean it's only a "peacekeeping mission" so does that count?

this also seems like a fitting response from a former pres

Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia's recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a "genius" move ahead "I said, 'How smart is that?' He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper," added Trump of its military invasion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 06:03:18 pm by bleisurehatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6627 on: February 22, 2022, 06:34:02 pm »
Weren’t the two areas Russian troops went into already effectively Russian controlled dating back to 2014?

I find it hard to get excited here….

I think we spent the last months yelling at Putin…because there is nothing we can do to stop him

Sanctions are weak

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6628 on: February 22, 2022, 08:42:53 pm »
russia invading ukraine is an absolute disaster.  it'll fuck up luhansk and donets, it'll fuck up ukraine, it'll fuck up europe, and it'll further fuck up the global economy... all because one small, greedy man wants to relive a past glory that never existed.

Weren’t the two areas Russian troops went into already effectively Russian controlled dating back to 2014?

no.  the russians were supporting the mercenaries in eastern ukraine, but it was all back-channel and undern the table.  the russians themselves weren't there, certainly not in the overwhelming numbers they will be now.  putin didn't have direct control.  the territory was still ukraine's.  now putin is stealing it, just like he did crimea.

I find it hard to get excited here….

how well have wars in europe turned out for the world?  this won't remain a local, isolated conflict.  have you read anything about the global impacts this is going to have?  there is also that thing about the rule of law.  i don't want to live in a chaotic world where rules mean nothing and breaking them has no consequences.

Sanctions are weak

we're about to find out.  one thing that is interesting is that the previous sanctions imposed on russia were cooked up on the fly - no one expected putin to invade crimea so the west scrambled to come up with punishments.  this time we had a heads-up, so more time to plan.  if russia gets cut off from the global banking system, which has been threatened, it'll piss off russian elites something terrible.  will be interesting to see how that plays out.
<sig>

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6629 on: February 23, 2022, 10:16:06 am »
Anybody on here talking about the potential trucker blockade thing coming to the DC area? They just called out the National Guard today.