Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10058559 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40215 on: January 26, 2017, 09:11:20 am »
Queen + Adam Lambert
Verizon Center
July 31

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40216 on: January 26, 2017, 09:24:41 am »
Queen + Adam Lambert
Verizon Center
July 31

this should go in the Just Announced- The Cover Bands thread, please...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #40217 on: January 26, 2017, 09:45:24 am »
Queen + Adam Lambert
Verizon Center
July 31
Presale code is FANNY, for anyone interested.
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #40218 on: January 26, 2017, 10:44:30 am »
Celebrate Fairfax
6/9
Bush
6/10
Everclear

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40219 on: January 26, 2017, 10:49:15 am »
I didn't realize Bush and Everclear were Fairfax enthusiasts.

« Reply #40220 on: January 26, 2017, 10:54:23 am »
I didn't realize Bush and Everclear were Fairfax enthusiasts.
I feel like Everclear has played this Celebrate Fairfax thing at least 5 times.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #40221 on: January 26, 2017, 11:06:09 am »
Semi-interestingly enough, I've seen Alex Alekanakelanolonas (or whatever his name is) at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on 9th St. twice in the past couple years. Saw him at Eastern Market a few years ago too. He might be here a lot?
oword

« Reply #40222 on: January 26, 2017, 11:19:35 am »
Semi-interestingly enough, I've seen Alex Alekanakelanolonas (or whatever his name is) at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on 9th St. twice in the past couple years. Saw him at Eastern Market a few years ago too. He might be here a lot?
The dude from Everclear has enough money to eat at Ruth's Chris regularly? His financial planner is the real MVP.

TAN: I think the name is Art Alexakis but I don't know how I know that.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #40223 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:07 am »
The dude from Everclear has enough money to eat at Ruth's Chris regularly? His financial planner is the real MVP.

I've never been to a Ruth Chris, but when we moved into our house, our realtor gave us a $50 gift certificate to Morton's Steakhouse. We went there and spent the entire gift certificate on vegetable sides (which weren't very good, but it was still free food). I'm sure our server was pleased as punch.

We did not see the dude from Everclear there.

medeski7

« Reply #40224 on: January 26, 2017, 11:37:19 am »
Iron Maiden with Ghost
6/3 Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/01/19/iron-maiden-announce-north-american-tour-with-ghost/

that's a saturday.  rawk on.

Anyone have any idea how fast this will sell out?

sell out? It will not sell out.. the lawn at Nissan is so huge.. very very few shows sell out... but if you want a good ticket that will be harder...

Thanks for the heads up.  Decided to forego the fan club presale membership and do the livenation presale this morning (SUPERSTAR - code).  Got nice seats in the 200s.  Saved at least $55 in the process too. 

« Reply #40225 on: January 26, 2017, 11:41:15 am »

I've never been to a Ruth Chris, but when we moved into our house, our realtor gave us a $50 gift certificate to Morton's Steakhouse. We went there and spent the entire gift certificate on vegetable sides (which weren't very good, but it was still free food). I'm sure our server was pleased as punch.

We did not see the dude from Everclear there.
I actually also have an experience where I won a Morton's giftcard and turned up using it on sides and a baked potato.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #40226 on: January 26, 2017, 11:53:03 am »
Art Alexakis is only worth $1m, according to Celebrity Net Worth, which is unusually low, even for a one-hit wonder. Turns out he had to sell the publishing rights to his songs after a very messy divorce, which then pushed him into bankruptcy. So I don't know how he's eating at a posh steakhouse if he's so broke. Next time I see him there, I'll sidle up and whisper "I wonder what your ex-wife's lawyer would think about you eating in a place like this, hmmmm?"

Meanwhile, the bass player from Pearl Jam is worth $70M. Lol at you Art Alexakis
oword

« Reply #40227 on: January 26, 2017, 11:55:56 am »
Art Alexakis is only worth $1m, according to Celebrity Net Worth, which is unusually low, even for a one-hit wonder.
Everclear was a one-hit wonder?
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #40228 on: January 26, 2017, 12:12:42 pm »
That's how I would characterize them.
oword

Kubacheck

« Reply #40229 on: January 26, 2017, 12:25:41 pm »
they had a great Christmas song, though....