Author Topic: Ottobar  (Read 11149 times)

paul3mac

Re: Ottobar
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 09:21:54 am »
The old Ottobar was located on 203 E. Davis St.  It was a small glorious dump of a space... stage/bar on first floor, and pool table, bar, room with couches on 2nd floor.  This is what it looks like now:

After the Ottobar moved to its current location, the space on Davis St became The Talking Head Club, which has since moved next door to Sonar.

Isn't the old Ottobar the new 8X10?  I know I'll sound like sweetcell here, since I haven't been, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

The old ottobar was a dump.  But, it was still fun to go there.  Ah, the olden days of 2000.

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 09:24:39 am »
Ah, yes.  The Talking Head...that's right.

The old Ottobar was located on 203 E. Davis St.  It was a small glorious dump of a space... stage/bar on first floor, and pool table, bar, room with couches on 2nd floor.  This is what it looks like now:

After the Ottobar moved to its current location, the space on Davis St became The Talking Head Club, which has since moved next door to Sonar.

Isn't the old Ottobar the new 8X10?  I know I'll sound like sweetcell here, since I haven't been, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

The old ottobar was a dump.  But, it was still fun to go there.  Ah, the olden days of 2000.

K8teebug

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:34 am »
That is it...I can still remember seeing Les Savy Fav open for Enon forever ago.  Seems like just yesterday...I used to go there all the time.  It was fun.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 10:19:25 am »
My favorite show at the old ottobar was seeing THE NEED!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 11:02:59 am »
I know I'll sound like sweetcell here

ouch.  what are you saying?
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 11:18:41 am »
Just a joking reference to a post you made about the Black Cat's backstage.  If I had more time, I'd search for it, but it was something along the lines of "I've never been myself, but here's a complete and thorough account of all backstage-related miscellany." 

I know I'll sound like sweetcell here

ouch.  what are you saying?

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:35 am »
The old Ottobar was dumpy, but that?s what made it great at the same time.  My two favorite shows there were At the Drive-In and The Promise Ring.

paul3mac

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 01:06:28 pm »
My favorite show at the old ottobar would definitely have to be Unsane.

andyrichter

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 04:19:25 pm »
Can you buy advance tickets at the ottobar? Or are advance tickets online only? 

RustyOrgan

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 04:46:06 pm »

Cali

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 01:12:31 am »
the new one is a dump too. i do however like the little ledge they have along the wall where you can sit then stand for the show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 02:10:00 pm »
the parking lot in the back of ottobar is now well lit.

at least that was the case last night. I didn't see that light before.

i love the ottobar and the sonar club stage....that's about it in Baltimore.

(_|_)

Sir HC

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 04:47:14 pm »

So how were the Ravonettes?  I have a friend who went, said insanely loud, and they had tons of technical problems.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 05:03:28 pm »
they had to stop after 3 songs because they couldn't hear the backing tracks. It was eventually fixed and they played for a whole hour (including encore). I was very pleased with the last hour esp. since there were a few surprises in the setlist. Yes, it was very loud and they used strobe lights..also, the Black Angels slayed...

So how were the Ravonettes?  I have a friend who went, said insanely loud, and they had tons of technical problems.
(_|_)