Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2122431 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #9900 on: November 08, 2021, 11:06:22 am »
I store way more than 7,000 in shed

It’s been a few years and they are still fine

But yes it’s definitely been considered

LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #9901 on: November 08, 2021, 11:23:48 am »
Ok now I’m scared

« Reply #9902 on: November 08, 2021, 11:35:05 am »
Ok now I’m scared
You are an immigrant who is storing things that define your self-worth in a shed outside. Minari is a cautionary tale.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #9903 on: November 08, 2021, 12:17:00 pm »
I will say I'm a bit surprised that anyone who values music and the physical form at such a high level stores their media in a shed. I mean, I didn't like storing my lawn mower in my shed back when I used to have a shed.

« Reply #9904 on: November 08, 2021, 12:21:27 pm »
I will say I'm a bit surprised that anyone who values music and the physical form at such a high level stores their media in a shed. I mean, I didn't like storing my lawn mower in my shed back when I used to have a shed.
I mean, I agree with you but where’s he supposed to put them. All “932 sq ft” house jokes aside, most people don’t have an entire extra room to store records. What’s he supposed to do — rent a temperature controlled storage space?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #9905 on: November 08, 2021, 12:25:36 pm »
I mean, I agree with you but where’s he supposed to put them. All “932 sq ft” house jokes aside, most people don’t have an entire extra room to store records. What’s he supposed to do — rent a temperature controlled storage space?

Personally, I could picture hutch sleeping surrounded by mounds of vinyl...

Starsky

« Reply #9906 on: November 08, 2021, 12:32:26 pm »
Well I pick the ones I want in my home but I just can’t keep more in my home.. I mean many of those in the shed are fairly worthless records I have no interest in….should I keep five copies of Rappers delight in my house?

It’s actually very common for people with large collections to keep part of it boxed up….you have to make choices…

In my old house I kept them all inside and what happens then is the records you really love are overrun by records you find kind of interesting or bought for next to nothing just to listen to once… some of those are pretty banged up….it doesn’t make sense… I have thought of renting storage many times but it’s just not worth it

My idea is to get rid of many of them…and I have already started doing that… 

When you spend twenty years collecting records this is what happens… I always thought I would have a massive record library at home but it’s just not going to happen

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 12:34:47 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #9907 on: November 08, 2021, 12:40:26 pm »
should I keep five copies of Rappers delight in my house?
I'm not here to tell you how to live your life, but yes.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #9908 on: November 08, 2021, 01:01:55 pm »

This was released a bit earlier this year and has been making some waves…a melange of minimalism and spiritual jazz…

Starsky

« Reply #9909 on: November 09, 2021, 09:07:00 am »

One of my favorite album LP covers and a tremendous album….

Led Zeppelin had 1-4, this is Pappo’s Blues 3

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=pappo%27s+blues+3+

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pappos-blues/vol-3/

« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 09:37:01 am by Starsky »

« Reply #9910 on: November 09, 2021, 10:06:48 am »
technically Led Zep had only 2, 3, and untitled
first one is self titled and not considered Led Zeppelin 1
slack

Starsky

« Reply #9911 on: November 10, 2021, 09:00:52 am »

Starsky

« Reply #9912 on: November 11, 2021, 11:25:14 am »
https://www.discogs.com/master/189703-Willie-Nelson-Wynton-Marsalis-Two-Men-With-The-Blues

I been listening to this one a lot lately…nothing much crazee happens…it’s super comfortable sort of Willie backed by a classic almost traditional New Orleans jazz band or maybe a 1930s Ellington…a song or two are perfunctory (Stardust unfortunately…) but then there are some that Willie just kills it with his behind the beat singing (Night Life)… the guy has the absolute best timing as a singer… there’s a reason Miles Davis was such a fan of his already in the late 1960s!

And this brings to mind another thing I love about Willie. He will record with anyone in almost any type of music. You almost have the feeling if you called him and said “Hey Willie I am going to be in town, can I drop by and we can play and sing some tunes….oh yeah I can’t play or sing” he’d be like “Sure man…let’s do it.”

« Reply #9913 on: November 11, 2021, 11:29:34 am »
I'm looking forward the Willie - Poppy album...the demand is there
slack

Starsky

« Reply #9914 on: November 11, 2021, 01:24:04 pm »
https://www.discogs.com/master/303585-Dwight-Yoakam-Dwight-Sings-Buck

One of the rare tribute albums that makes the legacy of both greater

Like many humans I have a limited tolerance for the “Bakersfield sound” but I enjoy the length and width of this one…

I really got to see Dwight next time he rolls through town ….I just wish it’s at the 930