Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 396745 times)

Starsky

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2955 on: June 08, 2021, 11:55:47 am »
I don’t think you realize how you sound...

« Reply #2956 on: June 08, 2021, 12:10:15 pm »
I'm beginning to think that you were really just annoyed with your former friend, and you're blaming COVID.

I'm guessing the guy doesn't even like Space and they were both drug along to brunch begrudgingly by their wives who they also both don't like.
POTW
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2957 on: June 08, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
When my wife goes back to the office in July, will it become my responsibility to yell at my kid when she does stupid shit?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2958 on: June 08, 2021, 02:23:53 pm »
who's gonna yell at you?

« Reply #2959 on: June 08, 2021, 02:29:10 pm »
who's gonna yell at you?
I think we at the board can fill that gap
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2960 on: June 08, 2021, 02:44:35 pm »
who's gonna yell at you?
I think we at the board can fill that gap

POTW. I'm sure you guys will come through like the champs that you are!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2961 on: June 08, 2021, 03:32:14 pm »
NYC must be seriously suffering covid PTSD.. no place in the world probably got hit harder..

Milan would like to have a word with you... several cities in India will wait their turn to go after.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2962 on: June 08, 2021, 03:39:03 pm »
NYC must be seriously suffering covid PTSD.. no place in the world probably got hit harder..

Milan would like to have a word with you... several cities in India will wait their turn to go after.

Lombardy Region
population: 10.1 million
COVID deaths: 33K

NYC
population: 8.4 million
COVID deaths: 33K

vansmack

« Reply #2963 on: June 08, 2021, 04:16:07 pm »
(1) Personal preferences and you should have cleared that up BEFORE agreeing to lunch with that couple.  This is going to go on for a while.  He's clearly not alone in his stance if you had to wait over an hour for a table outdoors while there was plenty of available seating indoors.

(2) CDC is advisory, local jurisdictions have authority.  You're going to LOVE CA if you don't want to wear a mask indoors or in businesses (before July 31, and depending on which part of the state)...don't like it?  Shop, eat, visit elsewhere....
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #2964 on: June 08, 2021, 04:29:55 pm »
(1) Personal preferences and you should have cleared that up BEFORE agreeing to lunch with that couple.  This is going to go on for a while.  He's clearly not alone in his stance if you had to wait over an hour for a table outdoors while there was plenty of available seating indoors.

(2) CDC is advisory, local jurisdictions have authority.  You're going to LOVE CA if you don't want to wear a mask indoors or in businesses (before July 31, and depending on which part of the state)...don't like it?  Shop, eat, visit elsewhere....

1. It's not 90 degrees where I'll be eating in California, so I'll have no issues eating outdoors in California. Whereas I would have preferred indoors in NYC on a weekend of near record breaking temps. Also, there was far more indoor seating than outdoor, so that may have had something to do with the wait.

1a. Also, for the record, I spent much of that hour+ driving around looking for parking (We were going to check in to the hotel and Uber, but my friend INSISTED that they were STARVING and they had to eat at 7 or we could just wait until tomorrow. and then we ended up eating after 8 anyway because, well I guess they weren't starving after all...so we had to drive straight there.)
So it was actually my introverted wife and daughter who were forced to make conversation with fully masked mumbly people they don't really know outdoors who were doing most of the bitching about the wait, and I'm simply backing them up.

2. If the outdoor seating is full, I don't have a problem with wearing a mask until I am seated at my table. That is what I've always done for indoor our outdoor.

3. Others in my family tend to prefer online shopping and we don't have the suitcase space to bring home much, so it's quite likely we won't be doing any shopping in California. But if we do, I already said that we all still choose to wear masks in stores. I simply said I think it's stupid at this point to require vaccinated people to do so.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 04:38:26 pm by Space Freely »

Space Freely

« Reply #2965 on: June 08, 2021, 04:46:16 pm »

Also, are you sure about your #2?

https://laist.com/news/health/california-employees-keep-masks-handy-past-june-15

California is set to roll back most of its coronavirus rules, including the public mask mandate on June 15. But it looks like many of us will keep wearing them past that date — at work.

Masks would be required for all employees if anyone in the room is not fully vaccinated. At a restaurant, a patron could be unmasked but the server would be masked. (Businesses will still be able to require all customers to be masked.)

vansmack

« Reply #2966 on: June 08, 2021, 05:40:34 pm »

Also, are you sure about your #2?

Yes, and not just because because Cal/Osha has muddied the waters, though the Governor may not adopt their rules anyway.  They are still leaving it to businesses to decide patron implementation, and not every business is going to go to no mask in CA, particularly in the northern part, absent a strategy to determine who is vaccinated and who isn't.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2967 on: June 08, 2021, 05:44:29 pm »
In spite of that, they forced us to wait over an hour for the opportunity to sit outside in the 90 degree heat instead of instantly getting a table inside in the AC.

1a. Also, for the record, I spent much of that hour+ driving around looking for parking (We were going to check in to the hotel and Uber, but my friend INSISTED that they were STARVING and they had to eat at 7 or we could just wait until tomorrow. and then we ended up eating after 8 anyway because, well I guess they weren't starving after all...so we had to drive straight there.)
So it was actually my introverted wife and daughter who were forced to make conversation with fully masked mumbly people they don't really know outdoors who were doing most of the bitching about the wait, and I'm simply backing them up.

Slowly we peel the onion...
27>34

« Reply #2968 on: June 09, 2021, 07:38:48 am »
looking good VA!
@GovernorVA
Today yesterday Virginia is reporting:
68.2% of adults have at least one vaccine dose
5th lowest case count per capita of any state
Record low 7-day positivity rate of 2.1%
slack

« Reply #2969 on: June 10, 2021, 06:57:42 am »
San Francisco might be the first major U.S. city to reach herd immunity
As of Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 69% of San Francisco residents were said be fully vaccinated.
slack