Author Topic: is madonna wrong?  (Read 1930 times)

walkonby

is madonna wrong?
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:37:00 pm »
should she have adopted an american black child?
 should she have gone through the legal, lengthly, normal channels?  should bradgelina be blamed?  will the child grow up, if he survives malaria, famine, the other jealous brats at the orphange and kill his father for fucking up any hope he had for a future?  should she have released american life?

Vas Deferens

Re: is madonna wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 02:44:00 pm »
She should have done the "humanitarian" thing a long time ago. It doesn't sound sincere now. She's merely following Brad and Angelina...

Originally posted by walkonby:
  should she have adopted an american black child?
 should she have gone through the legal, lengthly, normal channels?  should bradgelina be blamed?  will the child grow up, if he survives malaria, famine, the other jealous brats at the orphange and kill his father for fucking up any hope he had for a future?  should she have released american life?
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
A lot of these celebrity adoptions turn my stomach! It all seems more to me like they are acquiring some fancy breed of pet than adopting a child. Lord knows, there are plenty of needy children in need of a good home in every country, including their own. And then there are plenty of middle class families who would love to adopt but are never given the 'right' to do so. I don't know all of the ins and outs of this but, on the surface, it often seems so unfair of who gets to adopt and who doesn't.

Of course you can argue that even if it is the case of rich celebrity privilege, is that child's life better off with a spoiled celebrity who can offer them a rich lifestyle or one from where they came from. In that case, I guess it all boils down to very individual circumstances of one life vs the other. Money doesn't always buy it all but it sure often makes it a lot easier.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
I don't think a life with a celebrity is anything close to optimal.  Most celebrities are all about themselves to some degree or other -- not the kind of people who ought to be raising kids.

If Madonna really cared she'd give some of her income to help orphans find homes in their own country.
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  If Madonna really cared she'd give some of her income to help orphans find homes in their own country.
uh, she has... that's what she was doing in malawi, opening up an orphanage.  

i guess she found them so cute she needed to take a sample home with her!
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 02:58:00 am »
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but didn't know where else to place this. Considering we were discussing, to some extent, the warped values placed on children, check out the value of a child in relation to that of a bicycle along the Ivory Coast.

:roll:      :eek:  
 ^click us^