Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1902829 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1500 on: March 03, 2009, 07:06:57 pm »
what about the hp mini 1000xp smackie/boardies?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&series_name=mini1000xp_series&a1=Category&v1=Mini

Did you ever buy the HP?  I'm thinking of getting one for our office here and wanted to see if you had any thoughts after a longer period of use...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1501 on: March 04, 2009, 02:07:06 am »
No legs?  Drums on Rock Band/GH4 are no problem...

Ben Heck, master hacker.

Which reminded me of a story I heard this weekend.  My brother-in-law and his degenerate friends had a hockey tournament in Vegas this weekend where:

They hired a stripper for their locker room (if you scored a goal the other guys pitched in for a blow job - they generally don't score - in hockey either...)

Asked Smackette how to hookup their own IVs to recover from partying in time to play hockey (they're 0-9-1 in the history of the tourney and the draw was a duel forfeit because of a fight that they claim as a draw)

Took a hockey glove to the strip joint after a match and gave $20 to any girl who would put her nose in it for 30 seconds.

But the worst story was that it's NASCAR weekend every time they have the tourney.  While they're walking down the strip a guy in a souped up NASCAR style wheel chair straight out of a chop shop goes blowing past them, does a wheelie, and does a 360 at the street corner.  The worst of the degenerates (who's also a cop) screams out to the guy "You're still fucking handicapped, dude."
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1502 on: March 04, 2009, 02:26:23 pm »
booooooooo.  i'm due for a new phone this summer and i've been loving the HTC Touch, but if WinMo6.5 isn't available at that time i'm jumping to the iphone.

This is surely not going to make you any happier:

HTC'S RUMORED SCHEDULE FOR 2009 RELEASES

• Firestone, a 3G set that replaces the Touch HD with a 3.6-inch WVGA display, an 8 megapixel camera, runs Windows Mobile 6.5, and is slated to appear in August this year (hopefully in America, unlike the Touch HD).
  • Whitestone with the same display as the Firestone, a 5 megapixel camera, Windows Mobile 6.1, and is apparently a dual-mode GSM / EV-DO number due to launch with Verizon in the September timeframe.
  • The Thoth -- Athena's replacement -- is also present with a 4.8-inch display, a 5 megapixel shooter, the Qualcomm 8250 CPU at 1GHz, and will also run Microsoft's newest Windows Mobile 6.5 when it lands in September.
  • HTC's Twin is another dual-band candybar set with a 3.2-inch VGA interface (no date),
  • the HTC Maple is an HTC Cavalier successor with a 2.4-inch screen, 2 megapixel camera, Windows Mobile 6.1 device that appears in May. Think Blackberry with full qwerty

No word on Android phones by HTC and on which carriers.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #1503 on: March 04, 2009, 04:09:05 pm »
we now move into the next generation of watching stuff.  there are these new glasses that can plug into your ipod, making it possible to watch movies on a "full screen" right in front of your eyes that nobody else can see.  weird and creepy.

http://www.myvu.com/Default.aspx

vansmack

« Reply #1504 on: March 06, 2009, 02:12:52 am »
Remember that time Micheal Jordan "took some time off to play baseball" after there were rumors that he had some gambling debts?

I think this A-Roid "torn labria" is in the same category of the MJ unofficial suspension.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1505 on: March 07, 2009, 04:52:23 am »
I have no option but to publicly flog myself.  In the bar tonight full of young girls, I chose MIA's Paper Planes on the jukebox instead of teasing them all with The Clash's "Straight to Hell" only to watch them get excited and then let down, thus denying Venerable his chance to lecture them on history.

I'm sorry.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1506 on: March 12, 2009, 12:59:18 am »
You know the economy is in the tank when Billy Corgan is selling his songs to VISA.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1507 on: March 12, 2009, 12:37:44 pm »
Google Voice: A push to rewire your phone service

assuming you're not already on board, smackie signing up in 3... 2...
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #1508 on: March 12, 2009, 01:24:04 pm »
woa, this looks really intense... must check out

Dark Days official website
Dark Days Wiki page
Dark Days @ IMDB

dark days is great... the soundtrack by DJ Shadow is fantastic...

if you're into documentaries, be sure to check out Harlan County U.S.A. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074605/, it's really stunning
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #1509 on: March 12, 2009, 02:05:54 pm »
Google Voice: A push to rewire your phone service

assuming you're not already on board, smackie signing up in 3... 2...

I was in the beta test last year, but then I decided to get rid of my home land line and my work cell phone all together so essentially I only have one number to get a hold of me (my personal cell phone). 

The only line I could add to such an account would be my work line, but I don't want to answer my work phone when I'm not at work, so I passed. 

The idea of transcribing a voice message was something the beta group strongly suggested would be a really attractive feature, so I'm glad they added it.  I also have an assistant who takes messages and sends me emails and texts when I'm not in the office, but she's union so this feature could not replace her.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1510 on: March 13, 2009, 12:35:46 pm »
I don't know who caught it last night, but that 'Cuse-UConn game was probably the greatest college hoops game I've ever seen, and I didn't have a dog in the fight.  Incredible.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1511 on: March 13, 2009, 04:00:11 pm »
I just discovered that I would rather pay 50 cents for an oatmeal cookie (that I will likely not eat) from a friends organization, than pay nothing for a hug from a perfect stranger (this free hug movement needs to end).

I'm not sure what this says about me, but it definitely says something.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1512 on: March 13, 2009, 04:03:27 pm »
i'm with you, but i'd eat the cookie

hey, maybe you could offer the cookie to someone that tries to give you a hug?
o/\o

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1513 on: March 13, 2009, 04:08:54 pm »

That could backfire. They might want to give you an extra hug for giving them a cookie.

vansmack

« Reply #1514 on: March 13, 2009, 04:09:57 pm »

It suspect by offering the cookie, I would only be encouraging more of that behavior...
27>34