Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901283 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1530 on: March 25, 2009, 02:04:39 pm »
well, just think of the voicemail you would have gotten from Venerable if you HAD slept with her!

Actually, I don't think Venerable's voice mail will top the voice mail message Mrs. Venerable will leave when I sleep with one of her younger sisters.
27>34

« Reply #1531 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:21 pm »
I always love to share the stories of some of the men on this board with my wife, because they always dwarf my shortcomings and make me look good in comparison!

So I'm not a saint, right?  You all know this by now.  But last night I may have angered a girl more than I ever have in my life, and I didn't even get to sleep with her. 

You see, Venerable and his Mrs had a baby on Sunday and last night his father in law and I took him out to celebrate.  We had a pretty good time, enough so that Smackette was a little mad at me this morning, but NOTHING compared to perhaps the greatest voice mail message I have ever been left, which of course I transcribed for you below (I'm really thinking of recording this because you really need to feel her tone):

"[Vansmack] it's [Mrs. Venerable] it's 2:45 in the morning just letting you know that [Venerable] will be on your doorstep as soon as he can get his ass up and walk to your house tomorrow morning and you can take care of him all day tomorrow because I've done the first shift.  I took care of him puking in our bed, all over our bedroom floor and nearly falling over and cracking his head open in our bathroom.  So you get shift two tomorrow, so just letting you know that he'll be there as soon as he can walk.  And thank you guys for officially completely ruining my first night home from the hospital  because I not only had to care for a newborn and myself but my drunk ass 35 year old husband tonight because you guys couldn't be responsible enough to manage your liquor intake. So have fun taking care of him tomorrow.  Thanks."

Ouch.  It's my fault your husband is a bad father...anyhow, me being the sensitive guy that I am, texted her in the morning:

ME:
Tonight, I'll have a talk with him about being a more responsible father.

MRS VENERABLE:

(actually, I can't in good conscience reprint this one, but it was full of all caps and foul language, and a threat of some sort)

Anybody want to join me for dinner at the Venerable's tonight?         

Venerable Bede

« Reply #1532 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:06 pm »
never go drinking with two irish dudes

especially on an empty stomach....

OU812

walkonby

« Reply #1533 on: March 25, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »
i'm not sure if i understand this yet.  giving consoles a run for their money?  is that possible?  wi fi cannot change everything in my opinion.  but then again, i clearly thought ps3 would have destroyed wii by now.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-tech-could-make-consoles-obsolete/1299562

vansmack

« Reply #1534 on: March 30, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
Sweetcell might have linked to this earlier, but I'm just now getting around to reading this article in RS ("The Big takeover").

This paragraph really stuck out in my eyes:

The best way to understand the financial crisis is to understand the meltdown at AIG. AIG is what happens when short, bald managers of otherwise boring financial bureaucracies start seeing Brad Pitt in the mirror. This is a company that built a giant fortune across more than a century by betting on safety-conscious policyholders ? people who wear seat belts and build houses on high ground ? and then blew it all in a year or two by turning their entire balance sheet over to a guy who acted like making huge bets with other people's money would make his dick bigger.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #1535 on: March 30, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »
but brad pitt doesn't have a big dick.

walkonby

« Reply #1536 on: March 31, 2009, 04:47:34 pm »
somebody in here has got to know this.  how do you properly resolve this annoying blu screen of death on a pc running vista.  at first it was "every now and again" but now it happens quite frequently, especially when i go to shut down.  i think the message keeps saying something about about a bios in a forever loop, and the words (dead...dead).  or something like that.  i'm waiting for it to happen again so i can quickly wrrite it all down.  thank you.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1537 on: March 31, 2009, 06:58:07 pm »
somebody in here has got to know this.  how do you properly resolve this annoying blu screen of death on a pc running vista.  at first it was "every now and again" but now it happens quite frequently, especially when i go to shut down.  i think the message keeps saying something about about a bios in a forever loop, and the words (dead...dead).  or something like that.  i'm waiting for it to happen again so i can quickly wrrite it all down.  thank you.

Be sure to do a screen capture. Oh, wait....
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1538 on: March 31, 2009, 07:45:25 pm »
walkies - it's a long shot, but you might try updating your BIOS.  go to the website of your machine's (or motherboard's) manufacturer and see if there is a newer version.  follow the instructions there.

a blue screen is a general sigh that something is seriously wrong with your machine.  those error messages it flashes are only sometimes helpful, and at best point in the general direction of the error.  so short of taking your 'puter to a tech to get it analyzed, your main way forward is pretty much re-installing vista.  you might be able to do a repair-install (does vista let you do that?  i haven't played with it much, not ever had to support it) otherwise you're starting over from scratch.  even if you did get the exact wording of that error there are many things that could potentially cause it and few of the sources of the error could be analyzed and remedied remotely (ok, smart-asses, someone could log in to his machine via remote desktop and try their luck... but i'm not volunteering :))  knowing that your BIOS is stuck in a loop is only marginally useful, what you really want to know is what is causing the loop.

insert predictable MS-bashing here: ______________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to do a screen capture. Oh, wait....

well, he could use a digital camera and take a picture of the BSOD - oh, wait, high shutter lag...
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1539 on: April 01, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »
How badly do I want a Streak for the Cash T-Shirt?
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #1540 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:51 pm »
How badly do I want a Streak for the Cash T-Shirt?

how do you get one of those?

vansmack

« Reply #1541 on: April 01, 2009, 04:10:58 pm »

New game started today - 13 in a row gets you a T.  I will wear that with pride every day.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #1542 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:14 am »

New game started today - 13 in a row gets you a T.  I will wear that with pride every day.

oh werd.  I am so in for that T, hopefully its American Apparel.

GrapeJ3llyJamz

« Reply #1543 on: April 02, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »
i'm not sure if i understand this yet.  giving consoles a run for their money?  is that possible?  wi fi cannot change everything in my opinion.  but then again, i clearly thought ps3 would have destroyed wii by now.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-tech-could-make-consoles-obsolete/1299562

Wow, I would like to give this a try and see for myself... Crysis on a tv!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #1544 on: April 03, 2009, 01:30:04 pm »
Ford Picks Opera as it's in Car Browser

Smart move as I still maintain that Opera is the best mobile browser out there.
27>34